Windows 10: Win 10 cannot create a shortcut on desktop. Disk is full.

Discus and support Win 10 cannot create a shortcut on desktop. Disk is full. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Above message received on trying to put a shortcut on desktop. My disk has many GB of space. Have run Malwarebytes on PC and no virus detected. What is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by papfad, Jan 16, 2016.

1. papfad Win User

Win 10 cannot create a shortcut on desktop. Disk is full.

Above message received on trying to put a shortcut on desktop. My disk has many GB of space. Have run Malwarebytes on PC and no virus detected. What is the source of this problem and any cure.

:)

papfad, Jan 16, 2016
  2. TimBoal Win User

widows 10 cannot add desktop shortcut says check if disk is full?

widows 10 cannot add desktop shortcut says check if disk is full?

TimBoal, Jan 16, 2016
  3. lplp2 Win User
    Keyboard shortcut for switching to the virtual desktop on the right doesn't work

When creating a new desktop (WIN-CTRL-D), I can switch to the left desktop using WIN-CTRL-Left, but I cannot switch back to the right desktop using WIN-CTRL-Right.

It looks like the WIN-CTRL-Right keyboard shortcut doesn't work...

lplp2, Jan 16, 2016
  4. Win 10 cannot create a shortcut on desktop. Disk is full.

Is your Desktop perhaps located on another disk or partition?

nigelmercier, Jan 16, 2016
  5. papfad Win User
    The desktop is on the same partition and is the only partition in the PC. I have "Googled" this question and have read that there were numerous people who have had this problem, but no solution suggested worked for me.

papfad, Jan 16, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Can you describe what solutions you have tried so far please?

simrick, Jan 17, 2016
  7. papfad Win User
    Sorry. I did not keep track since none worked. They are found under the problem header of this message when inserted into
    Google search.

papfad, Jan 18, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

simrick, Jan 18, 2016
  9. b1rd Win User
    Curious about the fix.

This thread shows that the issue has been "solved," but I was curious as to what fixed it?

Regards,

b1rd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 cannot create a shortcut on desktop. Disk is full. - Similar Threads - cannot create shortcut

2. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  3. Cannot send Shortcut to Desktop and cannot create New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot send Shortcut to Desktop and cannot create New Folders: Hi, I'm using Win 10 Home and have reached the point where I cannot send a shortcut to the Desktop and cannot create new folders. I have checked the system files and found no problems. I'm afraid I'm going to do a reinstall of Windows which scares me. Ztruker asked: You asked...
  4. cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders: Hi all, Appreciate all the welcome posts. I'm using Win 10 Home and have reached the point where I cannot send a shortcut to the Desktop and cannot create new folders. I have checked the system files and found no problems. I'm afraid I'm going to do a reinstall of Windows...
  5. Can't do shortcut--Disk full?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't do shortcut--Disk full?: Running latest update of W10 Home 64-bit on an HP Envy desktop. Above topic says the issue. I have Googled and saw what may have looked like solutions, but I found them rather confusing. So, I'm hoping that I can get a step by step guide on how to get my shortcut function...
  6. unable to create desktop shortcut Win 10 v1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to create desktop shortcut Win 10 v1903: Since installing Canon Pixma TS3122 I lost the MSN desktop shortcut and am unable to reinstall it. Any fix? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-desktop-shortcut-win-10-v1903/567ab7a2-8376-41f8-81dc-64144af0c4e8
  7. Cannot create desktop shortcuts that work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot create desktop shortcuts that work.: I can create shortcuts that then appear on my desktop. However, when I double click on those shortcuts, they open a new Google search window rather than directing me to the specific website for which I've created the shortcut. The shortcut title is good, but it appears that...
  8. Creating a desktop shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Creating a desktop shortcut: All I want to do is create a Desktop shortcut & icon for Microsoft Edge. Simple I thought, but I cannot do it. If I move an icon in the source folder, either an exe or lnk, to the Desktop it does not launch when clicked, or when I click open or run as Admin. Sometimes I cant...
  9. Create Desktop Shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Create Desktop Shortcut: O.k. I give up...can someone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut ? using Edge browser....also how do you move something from the favourites bar to the desktop?......it must be possible surely ?........Del. 73345
  10. Cannot open desktop icons or create valid shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open desktop icons or create valid shortcuts: Since the last win 10 update, my desktop Folder icons do not work right. When I left click I get this [img] when I right click I get this [img] The only way I can open a folder (such as Downloads) is to right click, then select open. I have tried creating new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot create shortcut disk is full

2. windows cannot create shortcut check if disk full

3. windows could not create shortcut check to see if disk is full windows 10

4. windowss.cannot create shortcut disk full,
  5. windows couldn t create the shortcut. check to see whether the disc is full,
  6. windows could not create the shortcut,
  7. Windows could not create the shortcut. Check to see if the disk is full,
  8. win cant create shortcut checkto see disk is full,
  9. windows cant create shortcut check if disk full,
  10. could not create shortcut.please check if disk is full,
  11. win 10 cerate a shortcut,
  12. windows could not create the shortcut check to see if the disk is full,
  13. windows 10 couldnt reate the shortcut. Check to see if disk is full.,
  14. laptop says disk is full when creating shortcuts,
  15. win 10 cannot create the shortcut disk full