Windows 10: Win 10 can't update System Reserved Partition

Discus and support Win 10 can't update System Reserved Partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was migrated from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 boots and runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by st2ref, Aug 11, 2015.

1. st2ref Win User

Win 10 can't update System Reserved Partition

Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was migrated from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 boots and runs great off the Samsung SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to install I get the message "Windows 10 couldn't be installed". "We couldn't update the system reserved partition". A friend used Aomei to create a System Reserved partition but Win10 still gives the same message about the system reserved partition. Any help will be appreciated.
    Win 10 can't update System Reserved Partition [​IMG]

:)

st2ref, Aug 11, 2015

2. System Reserved Partition

How can a PC not have a system reserved partition? There is not one on my PC. How do I get one? Can't update Win 10.

MargaretMarez, Aug 11, 2015
  3. cannot update system reserve partition for windows 10 install

cannot update system reserve partition in win 10 install

johndobbs5, Aug 11, 2015
  4. st2ref Win User

Thanks for the reply. The system boots from Drive:0 which is my SSD that has the Migrated OS. There is a System Reserve on Drive:0, I've even tried to disconnect Disk:1 to see if Win10 would upgrade but no, same results. I will try to increase the System Reserved as you have done and see if Win10 will upgrade.
    Thanks again

st2ref, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    If you use AOMEI, you may need to create a rescue CD (Linus or WinPE based).

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 can't update System Reserved Partition - Similar Threads - can't update System

2. Can't update Win 10 due to reserve partition error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update Win 10 due to reserve partition error: I went into the Disk Management menu and it showed 4 partitions. I don't know what all that means, but the first one was "C", and the rest had no designation. The "C" partition showed 87%, and the other three showed 100%. All said "Healthy". I'm guessing that means I...
  3. we couldn't update the system reserved partition win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    we couldn't update the system reserved partition win 10: I have been trying for over a week there are lots of answers have tried a few of them but I am a bit bothered in case my computer goes wrong. I am not so good on doing any thing to my PC. will try anything but some of the answers to my problem ask me to do stuff that very...
  4. Can't update Windows because of System Reserved Partition.

Can't update Windows because of System Reserved Partition.: Everytime I try to update my windows it says that I was unable to update system reserved partition. I even tried to manually update it and that didn't work....
  5. Can't update system reserved partition.

Can't update system reserved partition.: I cant update windows. Every time I try I get the cant update system reserved partition error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-system-reserved-partition/dfc732c2-5b49-43b0-afd9-62f6cbbd7aa8
  6. Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.

Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.: Hi, Trying to eliminate the freezing up problem with Windows 10. Recently noticed a key update KB3176938 has not been loaded to my system. In the settings, tried to update but got the message "Can't update the system reserved partition." OK, so poked around in Microsoft...
  7. Windows 10 Update can't update system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update can't update system reserved partition: Hi: I looked for this issue in the forum, but didn't see anything; sorry if it's here and I missed it. I'm trying to update from 8.1 64-bit to 10 on my i7 24GB Toshiba laptop. I keep getting the message "Windows 10 couldn't be installed. We couldn't update the system...
  8. We can't update the system reserve partition

We can't update the system reserve partition: Every time I try to update and install windows 10 I get this error. It seems as if my reserve partition is too small to download windows 10. How would I go about fixing this issue. I have had a dual boot of linux in the past but got rid of it months ago. 14707
  9. Can't Update System Reserved Partition

Can't Update System Reserved Partition: Received this message whilst trying to upgrade my Acer Laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 256 GB SSD to Windows 10 Home. [img] I've previously upgraded my Desktop from Windows 7 Pro SP1 256 GB SSD to Windows 10 Pro & subsequently performed a clean install with no...
  10. Win 10 Upgrade Error: Couldn't Update the System Reserved Partition

Win 10 Upgrade Error: Couldn't Update the System Reserved Partition: I have a Vaio laptop and migrated my factory Windows 7 install to an SSD about a year ago, which apparently left me with no system reserved partition. I used these instructions to create a new system reserved partition, but I'm still getting the same 'Couldn't Update the...