Windows 10: Win 10 class not registered error - when trying to open a link

Discus and support Win 10 class not registered error - when trying to open a link in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded to win 10 from 8.1 and I am running into a few problems. I'll start with this very annoying one and than open a different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iddo, Mar 8, 2016.

1. iddo Win User

Win 10 class not registered error - when trying to open a link

Hi,
    I recently upgraded to win 10 from 8.1 and I am running into a few problems.
    I'll start with this very annoying one and than open a different thread for the others.

So I like to save URL links on my desktop - used to work fine on 8.1. Now on 10 when I drag a link from chrome to the desktop I get an error with:
    "c:\user\....url"
    class not registered.

I tried to look on line and there are many types of "class not registered errors and solutions - so far nothing seemed to work.

Ideas?

:)

iddo, Mar 8, 2016
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Glad to know that the issue is fixed. We appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue. Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future. We'll be more than happy to assist you again.

Pavan_N, Mar 8, 2016
  3. Win 10 class not registered error - when trying to open a link

Yes it does seem to be a chrome related issue from what I see...

iddo genuth, Mar 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Win 10 class not registered error - when trying to open a link - Similar Threads - class registered error

2. 'Class not registered' win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Class not registered' win 10: Cant open the start and search menu, and while opening windows apps its showing me 'CLASS NOT REGISTERED'. I have tried sfc scan but still m facing this issue.Can anyone help me please.Thanks....
  3. 'Class not registered' win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Class not registered' win 10: Cant open the start and search menu, and while opening windows apps its showing me 'CLASS NOT REGISTERED'. I have tried sfc scan but still m facing this issue.Can anyone help me please.Thanks....
  4. 'Class not registered' win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Getting "Explorer.EXE Class not registered" error when trying to open many applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting "Explorer.EXE Class not registered" error when trying to open many applications: I'm working on a new Windows 10 Professional desktop PC I've purchased two weeks ago. Now, suddenly, I cannot launch a LOT of applications. I tried to launch Windows Terminal, which I have pinned to my taskbar. It immediately popped up a message taht said:Explorer.EXEClass...
  6. Class not registered error when trying to open Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Class not registered error when trying to open Chrome: I installed Chome but when I try to open it I get a class not registered error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/class-not-registered-error-when-trying-to-open/3d67c131-b3dc-4cc6-8ad5-cfbb2fb7da0e
  7. Class Not Registered Error When Trying To Install A Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Class Not Registered Error When Trying To Install A Game: So I spent several hours last night waiting as the Sims 2 installed from Origin. When it came time for the setup to finish I got an error. C:\WINDOWS\system32\REG.exe Class not registered. I've searched the Internet and can't find anyone with this exact issue....
  8. Class Not Registered Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Class Not Registered Error: Every time I try to open my steam game a get this error Imgur. I have a newly installed version of windows 10. 83870
  9. Windows 10 - Class not registered and urlmon.dll errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Class not registered and urlmon.dll errors: Hey all, hopefully somebody there can help. I first posted this in the BSOD forum, incorrectly, figured I would repost in what I believe is the current section. I have been getting the same errors over and over again on my desktop. I cannot access my start menu or...
  10. 'Class not registered' error when searching or clicking links

in Windows 10 Support
    'Class not registered' error when searching or clicking links: I have only had Windows 10 for a few days --- mostly it is working well but a major fault is that when searching from Cortana, or clicking on a link, I almost always get the error 'class not registered'. Yesterday I was prevented from installing Belarc Advisor because of...