Windows 10: win 10 clean install. can't use the license key

Discus and support win 10 clean install. can't use the license key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Okay. I just recently build a computer. I want to use win 10 pro as my os then. in windows 10 media creation tool. they don't have windows 10 pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Slyus, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Slyus Win User

win 10 clean install. can't use the license key

Okay. I just recently build a computer.
    I want to use win 10 pro as my os

then. in windows 10 media creation tool. they don't have windows 10 pro version only home edition. so I download somewhere in internet.
    I found it.

after that. i bought this license key. it work with windows 10 pro.
    so. my os version and the license key it should same.

I change product key.
    I enter the license key. but it can't

it show like this

win 10 clean install. can't use the license key [​IMG]

After I searching in internet. they answer is really confusing me
    can someone help me with this

:)

Slyus, Jul 4, 2016
  2. klfg Win User

Transferring Win 7 license and Clean Install of Win 10

I currently own a PC with a transferable Win 7 license (Win 7 Ultimate Retail).

I am building a new PC. I want to use this Win 7 license on it.

I'm trying to find out if I am able to perform only one Windows install on the new machine: a clean Windows 10 install.

I am reading that Win 7 keys can now be used to activate Win 10 on a clean install.

My question is, can I do this with my own key or do I have to go through a Win 7 installation?

klfg, Jul 4, 2016
  3. Using original windows 7 key to dual boot with win 10

No, you can't.

One License = One Installation.

If you are already running one installation of the License, if you want to use a Virtual Machine for a second installation of it, you have to buy another License.

And yes, there are problems using a preinstalled OEM License (Dell, HP, etc) in a Virtual machine, as the OEM License has a set Hardware configuration which would be changed by using a Virtual Machine.

Bill Smithers, Jul 4, 2016
  4. win 10 clean install. can't use the license key

alphanumeric, Jul 5, 2016
  5. Slyus Win User
    there is only 3 edition only. in MCT
    win 10, win 10 KN, win 10 N.

there is no win 10 pro mention.
    I use media creation tool too in first. but the windows won't accept it because I instaling the win 10 home.
    w

Slyus, Jul 5, 2016
  6. Like I said, the one labeled just "Windows 10", is multi edition. It can install Home or Pro. There is no only Pro ISO. My MSDN ISO's are the same way. The key entered determines what version is installed. Home Single Language is listed separately because it is a special edition with its own set of keys. You also don't want K or KN.

alphanumeric, Jul 5, 2016
  7. Slyus Win User
    finally. my license seller take full his responsibility. he give me the new one key
    now it works
    thanx for reply btw.
    I think this thread can closed now as SOLVED

Slyus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

win 10 clean install. can't use the license key

1. win 10 clean install. can't use the license key - Similar Threads - clean install can't

2. Can't install clean win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install clean win 11: I tried to make clean install of 11 and it said that my PC don't meet requirements.I am running WIn 11 Insider Build and my system meet requirements and also it said that win is active with digital licence and it don't accept win kay.why?...
  3. Can't install clean win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install clean win 11: I tried to make clean install of 11 and it said that my PC don't meet requirements.I am running WIn 11 Insider Build and my system meet requirements and also it said that win is active with digital licence and it don't accept win kay.why?...
  4. Re-use of Win 10 Pro License Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-use of Win 10 Pro License Key: I was just wondering, in case my pc comes to a point that reformatting my desktop was the only option, and re install Windows 10 Pro, can I still use the same license key?...
  5. CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10: Attn: Greg Carmack Greg: I am studying your tutorial on doing a CLEAN INSTALL to try to familiarize my self with the process. Your instructions are quite simple to understand but I am getting confused on the link to the article about File History. This is what I understand...
  6. clean install win 10

clean install win 10: cannot create a partition or find an existing one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-win-10/72c073f8-1a63-4866-b133-7559ced90d03
  7. Clean installs and licensing

Clean installs and licensing: Im about to do a clean install of windows 10 as a last resort to possible clear up some issues i have been having are there any percautions i need to take? ill be using a product key from windows 7 pro 36226
  8. Clean install of win 10 ?

Clean install of win 10 ?: Hi guys;i could never do a Clean a install of win10 preview on my PC's from a DVD ISO, i get stuck here, see pic; although i can upgrade from win 7 to win 10. the DVD ISO i made was from MS. Image codes: DSC02178 4374
  9. Can I use Win 8 BizSpark licence key for clean instalation of Win 10

Can I use Win 8 BizSpark licence key for clean instalation of Win 10: I create windows 10 instalation USB flash drive by official Microsoft Tool. Can I use Windows 8 BizSpark licence key for clean instalation of Windows 10 from this USB drive? 10002
  10. Clean install Win 10

Clean install Win 10: Initial state of machine - Machine Lenovo AIO, win10 home 64bit UEFI Created DVD and USB via media creation tool 64bit win 10 home and booted into both media they load as far as getting all files then reboots. System created 4 partions Disc map on 2TB disc. Partion size...