Windows 10: WIN 10 Compatibility with MS Money 2003

Discus and support WIN 10 Compatibility with MS Money 2003 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Folks: I am presently running WIN8.1x64 on a DELL desktop XPS8700, and am considering changing to the current version of WIN10. Last week, an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VinceB, May 20, 2016.

1. VinceB Win User

WIN 10 Compatibility with MS Money 2003

Hi Folks:

I am presently running WIN8.1x64 on a DELL desktop XPS8700, and am considering changing to the current version of WIN10.

Last week, an overnight, auto upgrade/download to WIN10 was done on my machine; however, I did not agree to Legalize and reverted back to WIN8.1. I did this because I had experienced two problems last year when running WIN10 on this machine:

• MS MNY2003 would not work due to its requirement of having IE6 installed.
    • My Microsoft Account Profile became corrupted, for an unknown reason, and I was not able to logon to my machine.

Last year, Problem #1. was resolved by doing a registry hack (see Microsoft Money Requires Internet Explorer 6 to Function Properly Error in Windows 10 - Tech Journey for detailed info on that regedit procedure).

Unfortunately, Problem #2. was not resolved; forcing me to do a DELL factory reset to WIN8.0; not a pleasant experience. *Mad *Banghead

Now that I am working my courage up to try using WIN10, my question with regard to my previous Problem #1. is:

Does anyone know if the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry hack is still usable under WIN10 to change the IE version to be: 9.11.10240.0, thereby allowing me to continue to use MS MNY2003 ?

Regards,

:)

VinceB, May 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 accepting old programs

MS Office 2003 is not even compatible in win 8 so no it is not compatible with win 10

You can dual boot

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 20, 2016
  3. husky65 Win User
    Running Microsoft Money in windows 10 (or not!).

I'm not sure if this helps anyone but on Win 10 release I upgraded and then when I realised that MS Money (2003 Australian) didn't work, I rolled it back.

Today (5 Dec 2015) I did a test upgrade on my laptop, then installed MS Money (2003 Australian) and it worked with no issues, no hacks, no workarounds needed.

husky65, May 20, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    I don't know about the reg hack still working, but you could try this: Make a complete image of your entire hard drive using Macrium Reflect Free, to an external drive. Verify it. Then do your upgrade. If you find problems, you just restore your image and you're back in business. *Smile

simrick, May 20, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Berton, May 20, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WIN 10 Compatibility with MS Money 2003 - Similar Threads - Compatibility Money 2003

2. MS Money

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money: Ive been using very successfully MS Money in the UK for 20 years latterly say 10 years using USMoneyBizSunset version.I have two 'files' - a personal and business both of which until yesterday worked very well.However when I try to open the personal file I get the following...
  3. MS Money

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Money: Ive been using very successfully MS Money in the UK for 20 years latterly say 10 years using USMoneyBizSunset version.I have two 'files' - a personal and business both of which until yesterday worked very well.However when I try to open the personal file I get the following...
  4. Is MS Project Standard 2003 compatible with Windows 10?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is MS Project Standard 2003 compatible with Windows 10?: Is MS Project Standard 2003 compatible with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ms-project-standard-2003-compatible-with/82da775d-0f17-4ed3-a336-bc4284f764f1"
  5. MS Office 2003

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Office 2003: Will this work OK on Windows 10 please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-2003/e43a87c7-3d4e-4fc8-b4dc-74e065579768"
  6. Ms Money

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ms Money: I had to reinstall Ms Money under Windows 10. Now Money won't open the back-up file. It Comes up with the following message: "Money cannot locate the Backup file or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file, or you do have the permission tp change it, or your...
  7. MS Word 2003 moved to win 10 is searching for something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Word 2003 moved to win 10 is searching for something: Hi, My wife uses MS Office Pro 2003 to do volunteer work for our church. It does everything she needs. I moved the software from my PC Win 7 computer to my MS Surface Pro 3 running Win 10. I used LapLink PC Mover. MS Word now opens, but is not usable for quite some...
  8. Is MS Money no longer compatible with the newer Win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is MS Money no longer compatible with the newer Win 10?: When I had my Microsoft Office 2003 app on an earlier computer running XP there was a program called Money that I could use for personal finances, now I have the Office 2003 on this Windows 10 Pro machine, but no money app, why? Is it not compatible with the newer Win 10?...
  9. MS Money and IE compatibility problem

in Browsers and Email
    MS Money and IE compatibility problem: I have used MS Money for years and, although I realise it's now discontinued, it meets my needs and has worked well up until the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. It now fails to start and states it requires IE 6 to work, although I'm sure that's an old error message. It has...
  10. MS Office 2003 and Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office 2003 and Windows 10: Recently purchased a new ASUS computer with Windows 10 installed. Installed MS Office Pro 2003 on this computer. Next installed documents from old computer that I replaced with the ASUS. When I try to open a document in Word on the new computer, I get a pop up window that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms money 2003 compatible with windows 10 upgrade

2. why does money plus not run in iwin10 new version

3. is money 2003 compatible with win 10