Windows 10: win 10 comps on domain need help creating group policy to manage power

Discus and support win 10 comps on domain need help creating group policy to manage power in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am looking to clean up and image a CLEAN COPY of windows 10 - i have to image each computer seperately but need an image copied that can be applied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LivnLoco, Aug 7, 2018.

1. LivnLoco Win User

win 10 comps on domain need help creating group policy to manage power

I am looking to clean up and image a CLEAN COPY of windows 10 - i have to image each computer seperately but need an image copied that can be applied to all computers. I need to create a group policy to manage power settings on the computers. (Boss asked to create a group policy in active dir OR create a script to run in win 10 - i dont know how to write script) All the computers are on a domain. We are currently using win 7 but will be upgrading to win 10 - FYI we use Dell computers. Boss also wants all users to be local admins.

:)

LivnLoco, Aug 7, 2018
  2. v12dock Win User

Windows Domain Group Policy

So I have been setting this domain up for a school for a couple of weeks now and I having problems with group policy. One I am having problems with with folder misdirect. Two I am having problems with updating windows settings. At this point if you can help me I am willing to reward you *Big Grin win 10 comps on domain need help creating group policy to manage power :D

Oh yeah the OS is Windows Server 2008 R2

v12dock, Aug 7, 2018
  3. jeremy-k Win User
    Win10 domain workstation, "currently no power options available", tied to group security policy and remote desktop connection

Hello Windows community.

I know there are many threads about the issue of the dreaded "There are currently no power options available." But I haven't found one that fixes my problem.

Initial issue: Windows 10 Pro PC's, connected to a work domain (Windows Server 2012), get the "There are currently no power options available" message when trying to shutdown or restart the PC.

Action taken: Group Policy Editor > Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment > 'Shut down the system' ... The only way to add the user to the list of users for this policy, is
    to log on to the server itself, go into Group Policy Management Editor, delve into the domain controller, find the policy, and add the user there.

Result: After restarting the Win10 Pro workstation, the power options are now available from the start menu. Yay... HOWEVER...

New issue: If I use "remote desktop connection" on the workstation, and connect to the server, the user now has the permission to access restart and shutdown options from the start menu for the server itself... Which is not acceptable. We
    can't have people accidentally turning off the server through their remote desktop connection (which is used frequently, in order to access MYOB on the server).

EDIT Question: How can I add "users" to this policy for only the workstations, and not when they are connected to the server through Remote Desktop Connection?

Additional information:

• EDIT: I noticed on
      Technet
      , that the defaults for the policy is different depending on whether it is for "workstations and servers" or for "Domain Controllers". The "Workstations and servers" policy includes the group "users", whilst the "domain controllers" policy does not.
    • Windows 7 Pro PC's, connected to the domain in the exact same way, do not have the issue. All users on Windows 7 PC's are not added to the security policy, they CAN access shut down options for their local PC, but CANNOT access shutdown options for the
      server during a remote desktop connection. This means it is working as intended for Windows 7 Pro PC's.
    • The current list of users and groups that are listed in the security policy is as follows:
      • Administrators
      • Backup Operators

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sincerely,

Jeremy

jeremy-k, Aug 7, 2018
  4. win 10 comps on domain need help creating group policy to manage power

group policy editor

Hi Tony,

Group Policy Editor in Windows is a tool to help you manage policy settings. Here's how you can access the Local Group Policy Editor:

• Press Win+R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.

Let us know how else we can help.

Patricia Yu, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

win 10 comps on domain need help creating group policy to manage power

1. win 10 comps on domain need help creating group policy to manage power - Similar Threads - comps domain need

2. Group policy power management sleep settings not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group policy power management sleep settings not working: I have power management sleep settings configured via group policy - to allow network connectivity during connected standby. It's been working fine up until a few weeks ago. Now wifi connectivity is disabled when my laptop sleeps - despite the group policy configuration. I...
  3. Group policy power management sleep settings not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group policy power management sleep settings not working: I have power management sleep settings configured via group policy - to allow network connectivity during connected standby. It's been working fine up until a few weeks ago. Now wifi connectivity is disabled when my laptop sleeps - despite the group policy configuration. I...
  4. Need Help to creating CredSSP Encryption Oracle Remediation in Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Help to creating CredSSP Encryption Oracle Remediation in Group Policy Editor: Need Help !!I would like to make windows RDP in Digital Ocean, but problem is there's error with CredSSP Encryption. When i going to check CredSSP in Group Policy, it's nothing in list. Please let me know how to solve this.Here's the capture of the error...
  5. Group Policy Management without a domain user account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Management without a domain user account ?: I would like to setup a shared drive by means of Group Policy Management; as there are more options then the native way in Windows to create a shared drive. Although when I simply attempt to run Group Policy Management I get the error; I must log onto the computer with a...
  6. Group Policy Management without a domain user account ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy Management without a domain user account ?: I would like to setup a shared drive by means of Group Policy Management; as there are more options then the native way in Windows to create a shared drive. Although when I simply attempt to run Group Policy Management I get the error; I must log onto the computer with a...
  7. Group Policy not replicating between Domain Controllers

in Windows 10 News
    Group Policy not replicating between Domain Controllers: [ATTACH]This post provides the most suitable solutions to the issue whereby Group Policies are not applying as well as not replicating between Domain Controllers in a typical Windows Server environment. If GPOs are not syncing or replicating between domain controllers, it...
  8. Windows 10 Pro is not getting Domain Group policy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro is not getting Domain Group policy: Hi, everyone! I hope you, guys, will be able to help, as I am hopeless at this moment. I have a mixed environment of Windows 10 Pro and Windows 7 (this is going away at the moment, but we still have some Win 7 PCs). The domain controllers are Win 2012 R2. Anyway... I have...
  9. Group Policy management console

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Group Policy management console: Hi It is the possible to disable the print screen button in window 10 computer via group policy management console. kindly suggest the useful article. Regards, vetrivel G...
  10. Group Policy from a 2008R2 Domain Controller

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy from a 2008R2 Domain Controller: We are in the process of rolling out Windows 10 workstations in our company and want to utilize some of the Advanced Audit Policy Configuration settings but we noticed that the Windows 10 specific settings are missing (more specifically, Audit PNP Activity). Is there any way...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audit pnp activity gpo