Windows 10: Win 10 Connected to internet but blocking acces to application!

Discus and support Win 10 Connected to internet but blocking acces to application! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everybody, i am now encountering a series of bugs that i've never seen before in any windows. *sarc Situation: OS: Windows 10 Pro official 64... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lafcam, Oct 6, 2015.

1. lafcam Win User

Win 10 Connected to internet but blocking acces to application!

Hi everybody,
    i am now encountering a series of bugs that i've never seen before in any windows. *sarc
    Situation:
    Connection type: Wifi, no firewall activated *Shock

Applications impacted: Steam unable to connect, Google chrome unable to connect to install software, Mozilla Firefox same thing, and probably more apps get the same problem but i can download them and install if the installer doesn't have to download anything. It seems like a services that is not working inside windows installer.

I am able to navigate in Microsoft Edge, and some other apps, but unable to install other application, it is like the firewall is blocking the internet acces but the problem is no firewall are activated right now *Eek , nothing has been changed to the router settings as other computers on windows doesn't experience that problem. see my screen captures below and i am willing to wait before erasing everything to give you all the chance to understand what is going on here so we can help better peoples having the same issues. *092

Screenshot 1 : it says check you firewall setting to put chrome to your white list
    Screenshot 2 : your download has been interupted, click ok to continue ( nothing has downloaded not even 1% )
    Screenshot 3 : it's in English already just read... lol ;-)

:)

lafcam, Oct 6, 2015

2. filter

That can't be done. If you connect your phone to a WiFi/mobile data it will connect to the internet.

It is a smartphone and one if it's feature is to connect to the internet. Why do you want to block the internet acces on your phone? Do you want to stop syncing or implement a child account?

Stranger_Hanyo, Oct 6, 2015
  3. SteveC42 Win User
    Win 10 laptop connected to router & internet, but not to network according to Windows

How is that helpful? I have the same issues on one windows 10 box on my network. All others are fine. On this troubled box, View your active networks say You are currently not connected to any networks thought I clearly am here right now. Advanced
    says my profile is Guest or Public, which it wasn't. I'm not sure what has messed up this box but would love a resolution. Is there a link for the question in the forum you shunted it too because a NAS is involved.

SteveC42, Oct 6, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Say no firewall, what about Windows Firewall comes standard with Windows ? Check outbound rules settings. You only users account ?

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  5. lafcam Win User
    Windows firewall tested on, then off, and i tried erasing all rules after that.
    adminstrator account.

i've done cleanup with software to make sure no spyware or virus are blocking.
    also made an sfc /scannow in cmd.exe with administrator elevation. it stop at 23% saying an error message i'll do it again to tell you what it is saying...

lafcam, Oct 6, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    This just happened or since you upgraded to windows 10 or did PC comes with it, things never explained. Any other changes made. Have a Anti-Virus can do a complete system scan with in case of a Virus ?

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  7. lafcam Win User
    Windows 10 is installed for 2 months CLEAN INSTALL, everything was working fine until 1 weeks ago.
    i have done a complete system scan Avast and other spyware software, ccleaner, advance system care,

Win 10 Connected to internet but blocking acces to application! [​IMG]

here the error when doing sfc.exe -
    - the windows ressources protection is unable to execute the operation -

lafcam, Oct 6, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

I would first try it again system file checker in safe mode, then try chkdsk then sfc again.

From the elevated command prompt, type chkdsk c: /f /r

Have any other PC or laptops that get access from this router ?

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  9. lafcam Win User
    Ok i'll do but, i am not able to start in safe mode in windows 10 , F8 do nothing at start, how can we do this please?
    Multiple other computers, mobiles have acces to the router an works fine

lafcam, Oct 6, 2015
  10. jds63 Win User
    Good to think the router is possibly not blocking anything. Try here for safe mode, usually done through advanced options as do not have to reboot first https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  11. hollower Win User
    I have this exact same problem as lafcam. I was updating 2 laptops in the house to windows 10 from win7 and the second one seems to have this connectivity issue.

First thing I noticed was that chrome wasn't working but windows Edge was so, after a little digging I installed the standalone x64 version of chrome, which does not require net download during installation (I am experiencing installation setup .exe failures that require internet download, read on). Bam, chrome is working again.

Unfortunately, the problem wasn't just with chrome, much like lafcam's case. I reset/restarted my router and that didn't help.

IE wasn't working, which is weird, says something along the line of "DNS error" in Chinese.

Tried installing Firefox, but failed because it requires download during installation. Searched for standalone version like chrome, and it installed okay but will not load any web pages, which is weird.

My norton 360 wasn't updating and won't let me sign in to verify subscription. I spent about 5 hours online chatting (in chrome) with norton techs which turned into me having to talk on the phone with them because their remote access to my computer won't work (probably because it's also through the symantec server). We tried safe mode, safe mode with networking (had to go wired connection during that phase because wireless won't work for some reason). Tried norton removal tool multiple times to remove and reinstall norton but every time the same thing, it will not connect with symantec server. In the end, we couldn't figure out the problem.

Then I thought it might a driver problem, looked online and tried to install slim driver to check my driver status but again it won't install because it needed to download during installation. So, I had to manually go into device manager to check the network drivers, in which it says all good and up to date.

Oh and yea, it's only that 1 computer so, fun week for me.

hollower, Oct 9, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    I for one would go to my PC manufacturer's website and check there for updates to all system drivers for Windows 10 if have them or next equivalent. Do not use third party driver update apps. Doing what you did in device manager can help, letting it search online for drivers. If other system are connecting to the router, then you know you have connectivity, still can be issue with connectivity setup on this system. Make sure have all windows updates and try SFC and DISM, but if no internet connection may have issues with those.

jds63, Oct 9, 2015
  13. hollower Win User

So I tried everything above, sfc /scannow, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, safe mode then sfc and then chkdsk c:/r, checked my drivers on ASUS website reapplied it and none of it worked.

So I use the revert back to 8.1 option under Recovery in Settings and everything is in order now. Thank baby Jesus.

hollower, Oct 11, 2015
  14. jds63 Win User
    Do not know much about your system to say what caused it (specs), this the laptop you show here in profile ? Could of been some conflict, incompatibility and system configurations. You just updated to Windows 10 and this occurred ?

jds63, Oct 11, 2015
  15. hollower Win User
    It is an Asus laptop (model D550C) purchased around a year ago, maybe 2. The primary use is for casual net surfing and minor office work. It has an Intel i3 core, 4Gig of ram, Intel integrated graphics and originally installed with Win8 x64 (not 8.1).

Yes, the problem started when the Win10 upgrade was done. Much to my surprise my 8 year old HP laptop upgraded to Win10 with less problems than the one above. Although, the HP laptop is having some wifi network disconnects at a location that I'm currently staying, but I digress.

Anyway, thanks for helping me diagnose the problem. I will probably try to upgrade it back to Win10, but now's just not the time, I guess.

hollower, Oct 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Win 10 Connected to internet but blocking acces to application! - Similar Threads - Connected internet blocking

2. Cant acces internet even though wifi connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant acces internet even though wifi connected: 1. connection issue with wifi2.bluetooth is not pairing3.pendrive is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-acces-internet-even-though-wifi-connected/352cc44f-4841-4461-b147-d215c4e4c38e
  3. Cant acces internet even though wifi connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant acces internet even though wifi connected: 1. connection issue with wifi2.bluetooth is not pairing3.pendrive is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-acces-internet-even-though-wifi-connected/352cc44f-4841-4461-b147-d215c4e4c38e
  4. Microsoft applications not connecting to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft applications not connecting to internet: All the Microsoft applications settings, Xbox app, Microsoft store, ect. say there is no internet connection and can not access the internet. I can access the internet through the web browser as well as other applications that are not related to Microsoft. I have tried to...
  5. Windows 10 blocked internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 blocked internet connection: Hello, Hope someone will help me here with issue I'm having please. Windows 10 Internet completely blocked. Non of Browsers working, non of the apps will connect. Windows update also is not connecting. Appears that Microsoft Edge was updated just before the issue. Tried:...
  6. Windows 10 blocked internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 blocked internet connection: Hello, Hope someone will help me here with issue I'm having please. Windows 10 Internet completely blocked. Non of Browsers working, non of the apps will connect. Windows update also is not connecting. Appears that Microsoft Edge was updated just before the issue. Tried:...
  7. Windows 10 blocked internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Internet connection blocks everything.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet connection blocks everything.: Hello, Since a few weeks now I have an issue with my wireless internet connection. After a few minutesmore or less depending on the usage my internet connection will stop and the networks panel will indicate “no network found”, the task manager will be frozen,the setting...
  9. How to run blocked application in Win 10 - Bitdefender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to run blocked application in Win 10 - Bitdefender: After an update of Win 10 on 3 PC's, one of them refuses to run any part of the Bitdefender free edition. These 3 PC's all having been running Win 10 and bitdefender for about a year, only one is affected. It displays the message: "This app has been blocked for your...
  10. Block child's internet connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Block child's internet connection: Hello ! I'm looking for a way to block internet connection of a child. So no more servers in minecraft, no more browsing the web, only the local stuff should be available. Thanks. 22325