Windows 10: Win 10 continuously corrupted

Discus and support Win 10 continuously corrupted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had a two month+ problem with Windows 10 Pro X64 repeatedly getting corrupted and failing to load. I have previously posted about this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dsscottage, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Win 10 continuously corrupted

I have had a two month+ problem with Windows 10 Pro X64 repeatedly getting corrupted and failing to load. I have previously posted about this problem and been given numerous suggestion (for which I'm very thankful). However, the only thing that has temporarily solved my problem is a fresh install of Windows. Nonetheless, it will fail again within a week or so.

I have tried MANY MANY alternatives to find and resolve the problem but I won't bore you with all those details. Specifically, Win has failed yet again and I am trying another alternative and I'm a little over my head and would appreciate advice.

I'm trying to run SFC from a command line boot. First, I ran "diskpart list volume" to find the correct drives. The result showed my drives but the E: drive contained Windows but it wasn't labeled Windows as the example in the tutorial on this form shows. (Picture attached)

I did a dir of the E: drive and it shows the folders that I'd expect.

I did a dir of the C: drive (System volume) and it shows one file of 0 bites. I would have expected to see windows boot files but am not sure about this. (picture attached)

I ran SFC and it said that there were corrupt files but it couldn't fix them. I looked at the log file that it created. It is VERY lengthy and frankly, I don't understand what it was telling me. (photo attached)

After all of my problem solving, I suspect that I have a hardware problem (SSD or Power supply). However, I have the OCX utility loaded and it tells me that all is well. I'm leaning toward replacing the SSD but I'd really like to eliminate other potential possibilities before I spend the money on that speculation.

Does the above provide any hints as to my problem?

:)

dsscottage, Aug 16, 2016

2. win 10 update

Have provided the logs as you requested with the following link.

Dism

The problem is that win 10 upgrade downloads the upgrade then verify's it, on completion states that the file is corrupt and then commences to download the file again in a continuous loop i have to go into task manager and prevent win upgrade from running.

Regards Harold Halliday

HaroldHalliday, Aug 16, 2016
  3. EdShock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

I recently purchased a Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Installation disc with a valid license. The installer works fine until I try to download the 4 Gig update and on multiple PCs this update continues to get corrupted. I just tried the Windows Media Creation tool
    on a PC running Win 10 64 Bit Pro and even with that the download was corrupted. What is going on?

eds

EdShock, Aug 16, 2016
  4. Win 10 continuously corrupted

Have you run Memtest on the system? I'd let it loop a few times or even overnight. Bad memory can cause corrupt files as well.

DeaconFrost, Aug 16, 2016
  5. Thank-you for the suggestion - and yes, I've run memtest for about 20 hours and no problems were reported.

dsscottage, Aug 16, 2016
  6. I reckon there may be a problem with your SSD. Have you tried swapping it out with another drive?

thebritton, Aug 16, 2016
  7. I don't have another SSD to swap.

dsscottage, Aug 16, 2016
  8. Win 10 continuously corrupted

Have you any other drive available other than the SSD to swap it with?

thebritton, Aug 17, 2016
  9. roblinb Win User
    I think I had the same exact error before, and my SSD was failing. This is good advice.

roblinb, Aug 17, 2016
  10. My secondary drive is a standard HDD that originally came with the computer. I could use that as a boot drive but, as I recall, I went through technical hell installing the SDD and demoting the HDD to a secondary drive (about 2 years ago). I don't want to go through that again.

As they say, "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck......".

All indications are that I have an SSD problem but I wanted to prove it before I bought a new one and I haven't been able to do that. I've been through the "failure/reinstall Windows" loop so many times that I think that I'll just bite the bullet and buy a new SSD and see what happens.

I'll post my results.

dsscottage, Aug 18, 2016
  11. Would be good to know how you got on.

thebritton, Aug 18, 2016
  12. Kbird Win User
    Hi sounds similar to my issue about 2 months back , look in device manager for me and tell me the driver Version running on the AHCI/RAID Controller . Do you have a ICH9 or ICH10/10R Chipset onboard?

KB

Kbird, Aug 18, 2016
  13. Win 10 continuously corrupted

Unless I'm missing something, I don't have a AHCI/RAID Controller. However, I do have a Standard SATA AHCI Controller. That driver version for storshci.sys is 10.0.10586.0 (th2_release 151029-1700).

I don't know if I have a ICH9 or ICH10/10R Chipset onboard.

dsscottage, Aug 18, 2016
  14. Kbird Win User
    Hi DS , you do , it is the same thing , the reason you don't see it is because you are using the M$ AHCI Driver , not the Intel Driver for your Motherboard. I can not tell from the Asus Site what the Motherboard is for your Tower (CM6870) but it it does use the Intel Drivers , same as my MB does, they are listed under SATA in the Downloads.

Are you on Bios 708?

CM6870 | Tower PCs | ASUS USA

In Device Manager if you goto Properties>Details >Hardware IDs ( see mine below) that Code should help identify the SATA Chip. I am using Raid so it is shown under Storage Controllers, so it may look slightly different, but same chip, just a different driver (Raid vs AHCI) .

The DEV_2822 no# is the identifier which maybe different on your system as it is using AHCI, not Raid. You can copy and paste the HW ID into Google and it should Identify the Chip, see below. Post the info here , and I'll check it too for you.

Win 10 continuously corrupted [​IMG]

Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller Driver Download for 2K,XP,2K3,VISTA,WIN7/32bits - Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. EG45M-UD2H

If it is indeed an Intel ICH9/10 Chip , usually Win10 tries to load an Intel 13 Series Driver which is not 100% compatible with the ICH9/10 Chips . ( I am guessing your computer was using the M$ Driver before the Win10 Update so it is using it in Win10 as well , or trying to) It took me a while to figure out why Win10 kept corrupting itself but eventually I tracked it down to the Controller , and did a bit more research and found the issues with the ICH9/10 on other Sites . In particular on WinRaid, where there is a Tutorial on how to Use Nlite to remove the 13 series driver from Windows 10 ISO and inject the stable fast 11.2.1006 Driver into a Win10 1SO. since doing that , and doing a Reinstall, I have had no issues with Win10 ........after turning Driver Updates off in windows Update too.

WinRaid Tut.

[Guide] Integration of drivers into a Win7/8/10 image

***Note : In your case since Win10 didnt install a ver. 13 Driver I wonder if you can just install the Intel 11.2.1006
    without the Boot issues normally associated with trying to downgrade Win10 directly with a driver install.
    Might be best to ask at WinRaid on the Integration thread above about that.

Kbird, Aug 18, 2016
  15. My hardware driver is pci ven_8086&dev_1e02&subsys_84ca1043&rev_04

Google tells me that I have an Intel 7 Series C216 Chipset.

Yes. I have BIOS version 0708.

I should also add...
    This computer is about 2 years old. It ran Win 8 for a year without problems. After the update to Win 10, it also ran for a year without problems. It only started to act up a couple of months ago. Other than the normal Win updates, there were no significant hardware or software changes prior to my problems.

dsscottage, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

Win 10 continuously corrupted

1. Win 10 continuously corrupted - Similar Threads - continuously corrupted

2. Profile continues to be corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Profile continues to be corrupted: I have a user that frequently encounters a corrupted profile. I can and do easily fix it after it happens, but I'd like to keep from HAVING to fix it every couple of weeks. I finally wiped and reinstalled everything, really thinking that would solve the problem, but while it...
  3. Profile continues to be corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Profile continues to be corrupted: I have a user that frequently encounters a corrupted profile. I can and do easily fix it after it happens, but I'd like to keep from HAVING to fix it every couple of weeks. I finally wiped and reinstalled everything, really thinking that would solve the problem, but while it...
  4. Profile continues to be corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need Help - Windows 10 Installation Error - Setup cannot continue due to a corrupted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help - Windows 10 Installation Error - Setup cannot continue due to a corrupted...: System in question:i7 6700K on MSI S170A motherboard with EXM enabled for DDR4 RAM 16GB.Samsung EVO 500GB SSDBackground:I had Windows 10 running on an SSD and when installing a new RAM I accidentally corrupted it force stop I guess and it wont start. Anyhoo, I decided to...
  6. Need Help - Windows 10 Installation Error - Setup cannot continue due to a corrupted...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help - Windows 10 Installation Error - Setup cannot continue due to a corrupted...: System in question:i7 6700K on MSI S170A motherboard with EXM enabled for DDR4 RAM 16GB.Samsung EVO 500GB SSDBackground:I had Windows 10 running on an SSD and when installing a new RAM I accidentally corrupted it force stop I guess and it wont start. Anyhoo, I decided to...
  7. Need Help - Windows 10 Installation Error - Setup cannot continue due to a corrupted...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Continuous Corruption To Video Files On External Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Continuous Corruption To Video Files On External Hard Drives: I have had an external hard drive of 4 TB (Western Digital) filled with video files that are of average 5 GBs each , lately I got to realize it started sustaining corruptions where suddenly some of the files become 0 KB for no reason as even I have not accessed them lately ....
  9. autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt setup cannot continue error code is 0xc1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt setup cannot continue error code is 0xc1: plz help when i try to set up the window 8.1 because i want to downgrade my window 10 to window 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorundll-could-not-be-loaded-or-is-corrupt-setup/24ace6b2-c42c-452a-b1b5-2bdbb0173f0d
  10. While I run the app, the app crashes continuously ... No file is corrupted....but still..!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While I run the app, the app crashes continuously ... No file is corrupted....but still..!: While I open this app, the app crashes and give this dmp file....I am stucked with it for an week and can't run this game....please ,help me..... I am giving the crashed analysis debug below......