Windows 10: Win 10 creators update..leave fast startup on or turn off?

Discus and support Win 10 creators update..leave fast startup on or turn off? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In my Lenovo Ideapad 305 I had problems with the earlier edition of win 10 so I was advised to turn off the fast start up of my pc and problem was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by petermik, May 29, 2017.

1. petermik Win User

Win 10 creators update..leave fast startup on or turn off?

In my Lenovo Ideapad 305 I had problems with the earlier edition of win 10 so I was advised to turn off the fast start up of my pc and problem was solved,now the creators edition has been successfully installed I see the setting has been put back to fast start up with no problems so far,so my question is shall I leave it or better to disable again and wait a few more seconds for booting up? normal hard drive (not SS) on my pc.

:)

petermik, May 29, 2017

2. Windows 10 taking too long to boot

I have been troubleshooting a Win 10 laptop on our domain (BitLocker encrypted) and thanks to this thread, I thought that turning Fast Startup off and then on again may have done the trick. That is, until after it was turned back on again. I found that
    with "Fast Startup" turned on in Power Options, boot to Desktop took 4:35. With Fast Startup turned off in Power Options, boot to Desktop in less than 1 minute. It may be worth it to just leave it off.

DavidNeufeld1, May 29, 2017
  3. Paul VA Win User
    windows 10 creator update black screen when booting

The answer is that the "Creators Update" will turn on a Power option "Fast Startup", which is a big culprit. The real culprit is that this is a known problem for "Creators Update", that the "Fast Startup" is overridden from user setting, and turned back
    on, despite dark screen problems that have been apparent since last year. Bad, bad Microsoft!

It is true that some device attachments, wireless mouse or USB DVD/RW drives cause "Fast Startup" to be a problem. But there is NO EXCUSE to override user settings that fix the problem, in ANY update!

Paul VA, May 29, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

We would need information about the prior problems and the troubleshooting.

This is information on pro and con Windows 10 fast startup mode.

See these links:

The Pros and Cons of Windows 10 Mode

Advantages and Disadvantages of Windows 10 Fast Startup Mode

zbook, May 29, 2017
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi petermik,

If you have currently no problem, you can safely leave it on *Smile

6. petermik Win User
    Actually I,ve disabled the quick start feature,my pc takes about 30 secs longer to boot up but I can live with that,otherwise all is well *Smile

petermik, May 30, 2017
  7. pepanee Win User
    Wait a second... your computer was doing better by starting up quicker with the fast boot, yet you reverted it by setting it to slow boot to wait an extra 30 seconds. Bro, you're working backwards.

pepanee, May 30, 2017
  8. Mooly Win User

The second link in post #2 brought up this. Possibly a dodgy add on the site:

Win 10 creators update..leave fast startup on or turn off? [​IMG]

Mooly, May 30, 2017
  9. pepanee Win User
    The second link worked fine for me on Google Chrome. You're using a rather "down-grade" of an internet browser.

pepanee, May 30, 2017
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Ten Forums is a Windows 10 help and information site.
    Why are you attacking a fellow forums member.
    These two post read pretty insulting, like you're saying he doesn't know anything.
    This isn't Reddit of Twitter here, and we want the people to come back when they need help.

Cliff S, May 30, 2017
  11. pepanee Win User
    That's not what I'm doing.

1) If the new Internet Explorer is causing that useful link to be considered as "spam", then that is not productive at all! It limits useful information from being used to help!

2) If his computer was functioning normally, (and even better than before), then it is best to stay with these settings, unless something bad happens, then he can revert back to the original settings.

Why do people find it difficult to see the information that I say is intended to be helpful?
    If you find my information not helpful, please Ignore It.

pepanee, May 30, 2017
  12. cereberus Win User
    It is your tone that is the issue, not the information.

Wait a second... your computer was doing better by starting up quicker with the fast boot, yet you reverted it by setting it to slow boot to wait an extra 30 seconds. Bro, you're working backwards.

The text in bold (you did not make it bold - just showing it bold here for clarity) comes over as patronising. You could have said something like "That seems pointless to me".

The second link worked fine for me on Google Chrome. You're using a rather "down-grade" of an internet browser.

The text in bold also comes over as patronising. You could have said something like "perhaps your internet browser needs to be updated?"

cereberus, May 30, 2017
  13. pepanee Win User

Oops okay you're right. Let's imagine I added this smiley after each of those two posts: *Tongue

*Tongue

pepanee, May 30, 2017
  14. axe0 New Member
    The tone can sometimes be quite annoying, I have to rewrite a lot to make sure nobody is getting offended. I've gotten a few complaints about some of my posts being very offensive while it's never meant in such a way.

To the Op, I hope you have read a little about the pros and cons of fast startup, knowing those can sometimes really help troubleshoot an issue *Smile

15. pepanee Win User
    Okay yea, you right, too.

I'll do my best to re-read what I am about to post, to make sure it doesn't sound offensive. And also, I like how you added the smiley face after your second paragraph. *Tongue

.... lol, was that good? Aced it.

pepanee, May 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Win 10 creators update..leave fast startup on or turn off? - Similar Threads - creators update leave

2. hey guys is it ok to turn off fast startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hey guys is it ok to turn off fast startup: is it ok to turn off fast startup bc i research about my pc bc everytime i check on my pc it says windows was not properly shutdown even i dont using my pc that time it says windows was not properly shutdown and it says windows successfully update in down of it does turning...
  3. hey guys is it ok to turn off fast startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hey guys is it ok to turn off fast startup: is it ok to turn off fast startup bc i research about my pc bc everytime i check on my pc it says windows was not properly shutdown even i dont using my pc that time it says windows was not properly shutdown and it says windows successfully update in down of it does turning...
  4. hey guys is it ok to turn off fast startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "turn on fast startup" windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "turn on fast startup" windows 10: "turn on fast startup" windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-fast-startup-windows-10/2f19289e-6c94-43cb-b23a-fb8b8ee38320
  6. Cmd prompt to turn off Fast startup at boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cmd prompt to turn off Fast startup at boot: Would an Autoexec Bat file work? Maybe turning off hibernate (?) The problem is on my Asus UX303LA laptop with Fast Start on I can't boot from a recovery usb. If I turn off Fast Startup all is well and the computer boots. What would be be the code? Thanks 98382
  7. Fast Startup Issue - Can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup Issue - Can't turn it off: As stated in the title. Since i got the Creators Update, my computer will not shutdown and continues to "fast startup" with all my previous windows still open, even with the setting turned off. Checked the BIOS setting for this as well and made sure it was set to 0. Really...
  8. Turn off Fast Startup [Was: Win10 clean - Win10 update Mismatch]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off Fast Startup [Was: Win10 clean - Win10 update Mismatch]: I hope somebody can either explain to me what I'm missing or point me to an explanation. I have two 256 Gig SSDs on which I'd loaded different operating systems but virtually identical applications. One was Windows 8.1 and one was Windows 7. They were interchangeable --...
  9. Fast Startup Creators update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup Creators update.: Is there a way to disable fast startup in the Creators Update, I've looked at the tutorials but they all seem to come from earlier versions and the screenshots shown no longer reflect what I see. Brink has a tutorial with a .bat file, would this still be valid to use ? I...
  10. Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Fast startup (aka: hiberboot, hybrid boot, or hybrid shutdown) is turned on by default in Windows and is a setting that helps your PC start up faster after shutdown. Even...