Windows 10: WIN 10 Creators Upgrade drops my internet speed dramatically

Discus and support WIN 10 Creators Upgrade drops my internet speed dramatically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running Win 10..got pop up saying I needed an upgrade..which took place...after this my internet speed dropped from around 75Mbps to around 1Mbp!..If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Perthblue, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Perthblue Win User

WIN 10 Creators Upgrade drops my internet speed dramatically

Running Win 10..got pop up saying I needed an upgrade..which took place...after this my internet speed dropped from around 75Mbps to around 1Mbp!..If I roll back to previous version of Win 10 the speed is back...I have had 3 lengthy support calls with microsoft whereby they remote accessed my p.c. and updated drivers etc...but to no avail...I know I have the latest drivers installed now but still if I allow the upgrade to take place my internet speed drops to a crawl..so I continue to roll back to earlier version.I have disabled the upgrade from taking place for now..however I would much prefer to have the upgrade in place...any suggestions? Thanks

:)

Perthblue, Feb 5, 2018

2. Wondows 10 Internet slowing down

I installed windows 10 yesterday. My internet speed has dropped off dramatically. My other computer with windows 8.1 in the same environment the internet speeds are fine . What can I do?

EdwardGrosso_864, Feb 5, 2018
  3. DanielIPX Win User
    Wireless internet connection not working on windows 10

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 my internet speed has dropped dramatically, I've tested my internet signal with other devices and mine is the only one that is having the problem. I've tried flushing my dns (which actually helped but for just for about
    an hour before returning to being to slow) and deleting everything from my browser and tried other browsers. My device is rather new, I've had it for just a few months and I've never had this problem before.

DanielIPX, Feb 5, 2018
  4. WIN 10 Creators Upgrade drops my internet speed dramatically

Have you tried previous version of the network card driver.

FreeBooter, Feb 5, 2018
  5. Perthblue Win User
    Thanks for the reply...yes..one of the first things I did try..no joy

Perthblue, Feb 6, 2018
  6. Looks like your computer network card is not compatible with latest version of Windows 10.
    You can wait and hope new version of the network card driver will be released soon and maybe resolves the issue.

FreeBooter, Feb 6, 2018
  7. Perthblue Win User
    I was starting to think that way....D Link DWA 171...Windows says best driver already installed..I will look further into it..many thanks for your suggestion.

Perthblue, Feb 6, 2018
  8. Curious Win User

I have the same exact problem. I'm on Verizon Fios and my wireless download speed dropped to 1.7-2 after the update. I think it's the new stricter driver restrictions in the uipdate. (Speed improved after I switched to Google dns service but that is a different issue). Something happened to the graphic video drivers as well as the wireless adapter drivers and who knows what else. They worked fine before the update but both are messed up since then and I cannot update the drivers because W10 refuses to install newer drivers saying they are not certified for my pc (probably because my laptop originally came with W8.1 and was ugraded to W10).

How did you roll back the update? I want to do the same.

Curious, Feb 6, 2018
  9. Perthblue Win User
    Settings...update & security...recovery..revert back to earlier version (if you haven`t waited too long)..then delete the Windows update folder from your pc or it will continue to upgrade time after time!

Perthblue, Feb 7, 2018
  10. Curious Win User
    Thank you. Unfortunately I waited too long.

Just had another Windows update today. I'll see how it does and if it does not help I may restore an earlier image backup.

Curious, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WIN 10 Creators Upgrade drops my internet speed dramatically - Similar Threads - Creators Upgrade drops

2. Dramatic Decrease in Internet speed while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dramatic Decrease in Internet speed while gaming: My computer is getting slower internet speeds than what its testing to. When running a speed test on my desktop on speedtest.net it shows download speeds of 900+ Mbps on the ethernet cable. When Im gaming on Red Dead Online I can only get max 200Kbps. When I use WiFi I get...
  3. Dramatic Decrease in Internet speed while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dramatic Decrease in Internet speed while gaming: My computer is getting slower internet speeds than what its testing to. When running a speed test on my desktop on speedtest.net it shows download speeds of 900+ Mbps on the ethernet cable. When Im gaming on Red Dead Online I can only get max 400Kbps. When I use WiFi I get...
  4. Windows 11 Why the Internet speed is dropping dramatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Why the Internet speed is dropping dramatically?: Hi there, I am using refresh instaled Windows 11 on my PC, however, I've realized that my Internet connection has decreased its speed after over one hour of using it. It used to achieve 500 Mbps for download/upload, but after this issue, then I can reach 10 Mbps using the...
  5. Windows 11 Why the Internet speed is dropping dramatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Why the Internet speed is dropping dramatically?: Hi there, I am using refresh instaled Windows 11 on my PC, however, I've realized that my Internet connection has decreased its speed after over one hour of using it. It used to achieve 500 Mbps for download/upload, but after this issue, then I can reach 10 Mbps using the...
  6. internet speed dropped for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet speed dropped for no reason: my download is all the way down to 3 mbps, i changed no settings to make this happen, it happened on its own after work about 8pm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-speed-dropped-for-no-reason/79e8fa04-14b8-4078-8cfe-e4a6453595a2
  7. Noob needs help with dramatic drop in internet speed all of a sudden.

Noob needs help with dramatic drop in internet speed all of a sudden.: Hi, first timer here, and I want to preface that I only know enough about tech to get me in trouble. I am also pretty poor, so everything I do is via researching and following information found online. I live, eat, breathe by my pcs and had been doing pretty well with my most...
  8. Dropping internet speed in Windows 10

Dropping internet speed in Windows 10: My download speed from my router in all other devices is 60Mbps. While I get this speed in my ASUS Vivobook at times, the speed often drops to less than 1 Mbps. I have tried all standard ways to get it sorted including CMD network flushing, network reset and driver...
  9. Internet speed drops to half

Internet speed drops to half: Hello, its few months when I have this problem, and my provider said that my speed its not limited. But when I am downloading games (it happend with rockstar, and now with steam too) first 17gb its downloaded with normal speed, but after 17gb, speed drops at half and dont...
  10. Sudden Internet Speed Drop

Sudden Internet Speed Drop: Hello. About 3 weeks ago I noticed I was getting between 40-60mb download, when my ISP package says 200mb. I was previously getting the full 200mb and then some. Technicians from my ISP came out, ran new cabling through the house and out to the pole, then tested it at the...