Windows 10: Win 10 Deadline question

Discus and support Win 10 Deadline question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded from win7 to 10 then after a while I re-formatted & went back to Win 7 (clean install) and will be going back to 10. Can I wait to go back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rgh43, Jul 5, 2016.

1. rgh43 Win User

Win 10 Deadline question

I upgraded from win7 to 10 then after a while I re-formatted & went back to Win 7 (clean install) and will be going back to 10. Can I wait to go back for free after 7/31 since I already installed it once & nothing has changed on my PC or do I have to get in before the deadline?

:)

rgh43, Jul 5, 2016

2. Urgent: windows 10 install

Thanks for the reply!

But the posts above talk about the process and upgrading after the deadline if one has already done it once before. But I will be upgrading for the first time.

As the deadline for the free upgrade was 29 July.

However I couldn't complete it in time and my question was, if you could please let me complete the upgrade and then activate it for free now?

I have already downloaded the win 10 setup files.

KaustubhLadia, Jul 5, 2016
  3. I have free version win10 but if I have a major computer problem after the free deadline and need to reinstall win 10 again can I still get a free version.

*Original Title: Win 10 free version

I have free version win10 but if I have a major computer problem after the free deadline and need to reinstall win 10 again can I still get a free version. Or can I make a free version to DVDs in case I need it after the deadline.

WilliamMiller161, Jul 5, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Win 10 Deadline question

If you activated Win 10 on the PC, Microsoft's activation servers are supposed to retain a "digital entitlement" indefinitely that would allow you to activate 10 on the same hardware. (For practical purposes, hardware = motherboard.)

You don't need to do anything to install and activate 10 again after 7/29.

bobkn, Jul 5, 2016
  5. rgh43 Win User
    So MS wont object if I install Win 10 from my ISO disc I made from their site after 7/29 or even upgrade my current Win 7 to Win 10. That is actually what I did originally, upgraded from 7 to 10 and used it about 2 months B/4 I got upset with the missing parts I had with 7 & went back to Win 7.
    Thanks for the reply

rgh43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Deadline question

1. Win 10 Deadline question - Similar Threads - Deadline question

2. Clients updating before deadline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clients updating before deadline: I have been playing around with the GPO settings regarding the Install day and week, but I’m 100% sure that a lot of clients are installing updates before the actual Install day is reached, even though the GPO is being applied I even checked the registry settings. There is no...
  3. Clients updating before deadline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clients updating before deadline: I have been playing around with the GPO settings regarding the Install day and week, but I’m 100% sure that a lot of clients are installing updates before the actual Install day is reached, even though the GPO is being applied I even checked the registry settings. There is no...
  4. Clients updating before deadline

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. ADR Deployment Installation Deadline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADR Deployment Installation Deadline: Hi What does "As soon as possible" in the ADR deployment installation deadline mean:- update installation will be forced immediately? - updates installation starts when update-policy is triggered on the clientThanks...
  6. ADR Deployment Installation Deadline

ADR Deployment Installation Deadline: Hi What does "As soon as possible" in the ADR deployment installation deadline mean:- update installation will be forced immediately? - updates installation starts when update-policy is triggered on the clientThanks...
  7. ADR Deployment Installation Deadline

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. software upgrade deadline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    software upgrade deadline: A retailer sold me a pc by phone, saying that its store could upgrade my software for no charge. That's not true, it charges $100 for the service. I want to change my Windows 11 machine to Windows 10 pro. How long after activation do I have to upgrade it myself?...
  9. software upgrade deadline

software upgrade deadline: A retailer sold me a pc by phone, saying that its store could upgrade my software for no charge. That's not true, it charges $100 for the service. I want to change my Windows 11 machine to Windows 10 pro. How long after activation do I have to upgrade it myself?...
  10. Microsoft careers website is not working and the deadline to apply for engage internship is...

Microsoft careers website is not working and the deadline to apply for engage internship is...: I have tried multiple times but the website is experiencing heavy traffic, the deadline ends in 2 hours and I don't know what to do now. The support just asked me to wait.Please suggest how can I apply to it or will the deadline be extended...