Windows 10: Win 10 demands my attention before it will start.

Discus and support Win 10 demands my attention before it will start. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my win 10 adventure continues! first thing i did was deactivate the pointless password log in screen since this is my computer and i don't share it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SnowDuck, Jul 20, 2018.

1. SnowDuck Win User

Win 10 demands my attention before it will start.

my win 10 adventure continues! first thing i did was deactivate the pointless password log in screen since this is my computer and i don't share it with anyone and wouldn't care if i did, but now it has spontaneously returned! so, expecting windows to open itself, I went for a poo and came back to a password prompt - I don't want a password, I don't want to log in and I don't even want an account, I just want win 10 to let me use my computer. Is Win 10 a virus?

:)

SnowDuck, Jul 20, 2018

2. File History & OneDrive on Demand

Disable on demand by following the steps from this website Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 then start backin up your files. on demand files are not being saved on your hard drive it is incloud only.

5a5d6cb6-7934-4184-8f8b-e1d16573aa87, Jul 20, 2018
  3. S.D.K Win User
    File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Win 10 demands my attention before it will start.

Jeraldine Ase, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 demands my attention before it will start.

1. Win 10 demands my attention before it will start. - Similar Threads - demands attention before

2. OneDrive Error "Couldn't start Files on Demand"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Error "Couldn't start Files on Demand": Hi,I'm getting this error here really frequently at least every few days and can't sync any files from this point until I reboot. This is happening way too often and, frankly, "Restart your computer" is not a sustainable solution. I almost never want to do this, I frequently...
  3. My Win 10 start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Win 10 start button: My win 10 start button and search bar do not work for my login. Two other accounts on this machine work correctly. Anybody know how to fix this. Microsoft support seems to no longer have support....
  4. Microsoft OneDrive Couldn't start Files on Demand on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft OneDrive Couldn't start Files on Demand on Windows 10: I am trying to solve an issue where status icons are not displaying on windows explorer. I checked the OneDrive settings and the Files on Demand is disabled. When I tried enabling it it gave me this error. I've tried the solutions provided here:...
  5. Microsoft support for FoD Features on Demand in Win 10 LTSC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft support for FoD Features on Demand in Win 10 LTSC: Does Microsoft provides support for Features on Demand? If so, what is exactly supported? Especially I am focused on support for SNMP FoD. Thanks, Michal...
  6. Win 7 Virtualization before Win 10 upgrade

Win 7 Virtualization before Win 10 upgrade: I have a weird situation. We are accountants whose database is MS Access 2003 that runs under Win 7. To secure my clients' data we are upgrading to Win 10 for security's sake. There is a possibility that Access 2003 won't work in Win 10 even in compatibility mode (if that's...
  7. Multiple BSOD Crashes Before Win 10 Boots and in Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD Crashes Before Win 10 Boots and in Win 10: So, I bought a 250 GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD a few weeks ago and installed Windows 10 on it. Everything was working great until a few days ago. I began to get like one crash every two or three days. Yesterday I had several and then it seemed to straighten up. Today it began...
  8. starting win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    starting win 10: Hi first post so be gentle. I have just upgraded to win 10 from win 7 home prem. Using a sony vaio laptop I now have to press Ctrl when the windows icon appears and ctrl alt del to progress the program to run further. this is not a logon issue just a start up issue any...
  9. Win 7 programs to remove before installing Win 10

Win 7 programs to remove before installing Win 10: Sorry for the newb question, but this is a great place for all things Win 10 already, so here goes.. For the best possible win 10 preview install, I think I should remove the following programs before I try it; am I paranoid, or do you guys agree? Esset AV All stardock...
  10. Question before getting Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Question before getting Win 10: I have a few questions before I get Windows 10. I did ask these questions on the Microsoft forums but I got FAQ Answers and I wasn't satisfied with the information I was given. I'd like information from someone who already has upgraded to Win 10 therefore the information is...