Windows 10: Win 10 desktop icon and general screen sizes constantly changing

Discus and support Win 10 desktop icon and general screen sizes constantly changing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have four PCs on my network and the best by far is a Sony 23-inch all-in-one. However, recently desktop icons and text on this PC have started to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stony41, Mar 17, 2018.

1. stony41 Win User

Win 10 desktop icon and general screen sizes constantly changing

I have four PCs on my network and the best by far is a Sony 23-inch all-in-one. However, recently desktop icons and text on this PC have started to constantly change from 100% to a low of 75% or a high of 200%. I suspect Sony is to blame, or at least partially, since a popup showing a magnifying glass sometimes shows when icons are changing size. Fixing the size temporarily is easy but I am wondering why this annoying situation has escalated recently. Strange beeps also accompany this annoyance. The last major Win 10 update possibly reawakened a sleeping pest.

Two Toshiba 23-inch all-in-ones and a 15-inch Medion laptop are working properly.

I did have this sort of thing occurring some time ago with the Sony machine but fixed it by turning off the touchscreen after I had read that someone with a Sony laptop had stopped beeps and changed screen sizes by abandoning the touchscreen. Unfortunately I am now struggling to work out how to turn the touchscreen back on and then off again.

.Any Sony PC users also having this issue? Sony support has disappeared, of course.

:)

stony41, Mar 17, 2018

2. change desk icon size in windows 10

How do I change the desktop icon size back to normal in Win 10?

BethMcArdle, Mar 17, 2018
  3. dkbuchner Win User
    Desk top

The win 10 desktop has square apps and shortcuts to various programing. The win 7 icons. I would like to try using the original win 10 desktop, but though I can get it by hitting the windows key, it boots and constantly defaults to the win 7 desktop.
    When I upgraded to win 10, I did something change it to the win 7 desktop, but do not know how to change it back.

dkbuchner, Mar 17, 2018
  4. stony41 Win User

I have restored 100% display by deleting the nextwindow voltron touch screen driver. This seems to have done the trick.

stony41, Mar 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 desktop icon and general screen sizes constantly changing - Similar Threads - desktop icon general

2. Desktop Icon changes size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon changes size: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public Release versionDoes anyone else have problems with Desktop Icons changing size?I have one icon on my desktop, that when I start my computer displays it's large size. During the course of the day while using my computer, without even touching...
  3. Desktop Icon changes size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon changes size: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public Release versionDoes anyone else have problems with Desktop Icons changing size?I have one icon on my desktop, that when I start my computer displays it's large size. During the course of the day while using my computer, without even touching...
  4. Desktop icons changed size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons changed size?: I had my desktop really nice and organised, all the icons were the default size and such. however i took my pc with me on holiday and plugged it into an external TV which in turn changed all my icons around and it changed their size . i thought it would be fine as when i...
  5. Error of win 10 desktop icon size

Error of win 10 desktop icon size: icon size is too large and takes a lot off the screen. Hope everyone can help me thanks [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-of-win-10-desktop-icon-size/7adb1fb4-b91f-4b1e-8527-438ad502907c
  6. Changing size of icon font on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of icon font on desktop: Hope y'all can help me out. There's a free win.10 utility that you use to change things on win.10. Among the things you can change is icon font size, spacing, etc. You can change all kind of things. Thing is, I once had it and reformatted and lost it. Does anyone know the...
  7. Changing the size of desktop icons

Changing the size of desktop icons: Hello, When I place a shortcut to a file on the desktop it assigns the default icon (e.g. Word or Excel icon) and this is approx 80 x 80 pixels. If I then change that icon to one that I've created it displays at approx 40 x 40 pixels (choosing an icon from the icons folder...
  8. Changing icon size on desktop

Changing icon size on desktop: Somehow one of my children changed the icon size of the recycle bin on my desktop screen so it is really large. How do I get it back to the regular size? Thank you....
  9. Permanently change desktop icon size

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanently change desktop icon size: Does anybody know how to change the desktop icon size permanently? I know you can change the size with Alt+ScrollWheel or through the View context menu on the Desktop. But those changes revert whenever Explorer is restarted (including when it decides to restart itself for...
  10. Change Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10: How to: Change Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10 How to Change the Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10 The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an actual desk, it serves as a surface for your...