Windows 10: Win 10 Device Manager not showing drive information correctly

Discus and support Win 10 Device Manager not showing drive information correctly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; howdy, ive noticed lately that the information for hard drivers is totally incorrect, all firmware for drives is up to date, mobo bios is latest but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DR3WST3R, Dec 14, 2015.

1. DR3WST3R Win User

Win 10 Device Manager not showing drive information correctly

howdy, ive noticed lately that the information for hard drivers is totally incorrect, all firmware for drives is up to date, mobo bios is latest but drive info is sque wiff

Win 10 Device Manager not showing drive information correctly [​IMG]

:)

DR3WST3R, Dec 14, 2015

2. External USB drives not being detected by Windows 10 after applying the Anniversary Update

There is no problem with any of my USB flash drives. They are all recognized. The problem only exists with my Transcend StoreJet 750GB external USB HDD - which ever since installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update does not show up in File Explorer. To
    be more specific: the disk shows in Device Manager and is correctly listed under Disk Drives. It also shows in Disk Management (no drive letter, no file system, one healthy partition, and 3 unallocated areas). I connected this HDD to a Win 7 machine and it
    was successfully recognized by Windows Explorer.

DavidWarner_99, Dec 14, 2015
  3. nrr18 Win User
    external hd mount point code 10

I mounted 4 (3 Western Digitals, 1 Seagate) external drives to MOUNT POINTS on my C: drive.

In DEVICE MANAGEMENT, they all show with YELLOW !'s, and CODE 10 errors.

BUT, they are working correctly.

If I assign drive letters to these drives there are NO YELLOW !'s.

[Had this problem with Win 8.1 and now with Windows 10.]

PS: I have lots of external drives--I'm running out of drive letters, hence the need for MOUNT POINTS.

nrr18, Dec 14, 2015
  4. DR3WST3R Win User

Win 10 Device Manager not showing drive information correctly [​IMG]

DR3WST3R, Dec 14, 2015
  5. Kerotin Win User
    This is quite possible if your hardware is brand new one.

Kerotin, Dec 14, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    This has been the situation since the dawn of (computer) time. See this page for an explanation.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Device Manager not showing drive information correctly - Similar Threads - Device Manager showing

2. Looking for information about a new device showing up in device manager.. Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for information about a new device showing up in device manager.. Microsoft...: Hello, I recently installed windows 11 home on my pc. My computer stats as follows,EVGA Z390 DARK motherboard , Intel i9 9900k @ 5.2 allcore 1.26vcore. 16gb ddr4 b-die @4300 16.16.16.36, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW 3 Ultra Gaming, 2x 256gb Samsung nvme ssd raid 0 installed via Intel...
  3. Looking for information about a new device showing up in device manager.. Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for information about a new device showing up in device manager.. Microsoft...: Hello, I recently installed windows 11 home on my pc. My computer stats as follows,EVGA Z390 DARK motherboard , Intel i9 9900k @ 5.2 allcore 1.26vcore. 16gb ddr4 b-die @4300 16.16.16.36, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW 3 Ultra Gaming, 2x 256gb Samsung nvme ssd raid 0 installed via Intel...
  4. usb drive not showing in device manager or disc management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb drive not showing in device manager or disc management: when i plug in my flash drive it doesn't show in the finder. when i attempt to resolve the issue which requires me to find the drive with device manager/ disc management the drive isn't shown in either. the port is working because i can see other flash drives i plug into it....
  5. usb drive not showing in device manager or disc management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb drive not showing in device manager or disc management: when i plug in my flash drive it doesn't show in the finder. when i attempt to resolve the issue which requires me to find the drive with device manager/ disc management the drive isn't shown in either. the port is working because i can see other flash drives i plug into it....
  6. usb drive not showing in device manager or disc management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. double drive showing in device manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    double drive showing in device manager: with this error, my drive is not accessible and all the data from my drive got lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-drive-showing-in-device-manager/8f3f65f0-0e95-48f2-8acc-a585a39e5515
  8. Reenable drive in Device Manager Win 10

Reenable drive in Device Manager Win 10: I have an external drive connected via USB to a modem. This morning, the drive was seen but could not be reconnected. I think I disabled the drive and now it will not appear on the list of drives. If connected directly to the PC it is seen and reads OK, Device Manager shows...
  9. Device Manager: Drive volumes show as Portable Devices???

Device Manager: Drive volumes show as Portable Devices???: On my laptop only my sd card and USB flash thumb drive show as removable devices, but on my newly installed 14393.693 desktop, all except my System and Boot drive volumes now show up in Device Manager as Portable Devices, even though they are just partitions on my 2 hard...
  10. Device Manager - Copy and Paste Information

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager - Copy and Paste Information: Is there any chance that the Device Manager in Win 10 allows the user to copy and paste information like Driver File Details when troubleshooting? In my experience Windows has often displayed 'help information' or 'error messages' that can only be shared if one does a screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device manager not showing info