Windows 10: Win 10 - disable auto rotate for photos

Discus and support Win 10 - disable auto rotate for photos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 auto rotates photos - now when I drag and drop photos to word 10, I have no idea which way they will rotate - all portrait become landscape... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pondlife, Aug 13, 2015.

1. pondlife Win User

Win 10 - disable auto rotate for photos

Windows 10 auto rotates photos - now when I drag and drop photos to word 10, I have no idea which way they will rotate - all portrait become landscape = as I use many tens of photos per report this is really annoying.

With win 7, I could just drag and drop straight into a word table portrait remained portrait, landscape remained landscape.

can I disable auto rotate? is there another work around as I like win 10

Mark @ MMA Chartered Surveyors

:)

pondlife, Aug 13, 2015

2. Win 10 disable auto rotate photos?

Windows 10 auto rotates photos - now when I drag and drop photos to word 10, I have no idea which way they will rotate - all portrait become landscape = as I use many tens of photos per report this is really annoying.

With win 7, I could just drag and drop straight into a word table portrait remained portrait, landscape remained landscape.

can I disable auto rotate? is there another work around as I like win 10

Mark @ MMA Chartered Surveyors

MarkMichelMRICS, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Word 10?? That's a relatively old program, part of Office XP/2002 and the issue could be caused by an incompatibility with Win10.
    Or did you mean Word version 14 which is part of Office 2010?

Berton, Aug 13, 2015
  5. pondlife Win User
    Sorry I am using word / office 2010 - not word 10 - Doh

pondlife, Aug 13, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    I have Word 11 [Office 2003] on Win10 and it does the same thing. It doesn't appear to actually change the original file. Maybe just click/Select the image and rotate it in Word? I tried it with a scenic image as well as a picture of a very lovely lady.

Berton, Aug 13, 2015
  7. pondlife Win User
    That would be okay if I had only a few to do, but it is usually between 20 and 40 images per report and 7 reports a week. It takes to long to resize each image like that - I need a better solution or I have to reinstall win 7.

pondlife, Aug 13, 2015
  8. pondlife Win User

anyone?

pondlife, Aug 13, 2015
  9. pondlife Win User
    This is driving me nuts - whenever I drag and drop a portrait photo to word in auto rotates - thumb nail shows it the correct way up, but I simply rotates to landscape in word. I have tried several different viewers and removed the exif data. can I disable the auto rotate in picture viewer or any where else.

pondlife, Aug 15, 2015
  10. NatalieK Win User
    My images appear correct in their files, but trying to open them in Msft Picture Manager rotates them. I've tried rotating them in the Picture Manager and saving that, but then they're rotated in my files.

When I try to attach or embed them into an Outlook email, they are rotated as well (if I have them in the correct aspect in my file), and the program doesn't allow me to rotate them manually once they're attached. Why did this change in Windows 10?

NatalieK, Nov 21, 2015
  11. Bisto Kid Win User
    Hi folks,

I also had this problem. It appears that the camera themselves are rotating the pictures but in Windows 7 the portrait / landscape setting of the camera was ignored. In windows 10 it appears to recognise the camera setting.
    I use an old Canon G10 and an Olympus Stylus Camera which is more modern. Both cameras have rotation settings (Canon is autorotate - Olympus is called Portrait/Landscape). Turning these settings OFF cures the issue.

When importing or viewing the SD card in File Explorer you see the pictures as taken.

Then you can rotate as required and then insert correctly into a Word documnet or the like.

Hope this helps ....

Bisto Kid, Jan 6, 2016
  12. Ztruker Win User
    If this is happening in File Explorer, try a different program, like XYplorer.

Ztruker, Jan 7, 2016
  13. ssbtech Win User

I'll post in this thread instead of starting a new one.

I recently scanned a pile of photos. Due to the way I had them on the scanner, they're sideways, upside-down, etc...

I opened them the Windows picture viewer, hit the button at the top to rotate and moved onto the next one. Jumping back to the photo showed that they had in fact been rotated to the correct orientation.

This folder of images is shared on the network. I browsed to it from my Windows 7 system, and none of the photos that I rotated were showing correctly. Both the thumbnails and full version in Windows Photo Viewer were rotated incorrectly.

Is Windows 10 saving the rotation data outside of the image somewhere? I've read of other issues where users have rotated them correctly only to find them sideways after uploading the image online.

Thanks!

ssbtech, Jan 14, 2016
  14. alopitusi Win User
    I have the same error. Have you find the solution? Thanks very much

alopitusi, Mar 8, 2016
  15. I ran into the same problem after upgrading to Windows 10! This article sums it all up for me: Image Rotation Issue With Windows 10 It looks like Windows 8 and Windows 10 don't actually physically rotate the pictures. It just updates the "Orientation" flag in the EXIF data, which is not supported in Windows 7 and other older versions of Windows. It's not supported on most websites as well.

There are workarounds (opening the pictures in Paint and saving them) but it's tedious. It will save you a lot of time if you use a tool that auto-rotates your JPG files for you.

MikeWilson, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 - disable auto rotate for photos - Similar Threads - disable auto rotate

2. Photos auto rotating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos auto rotating: Hi,All I am trying to do is view photos in my finder. These are portrait orientation, yet anytime they open up within the viewer they are automatically switched over to landscape orientation. I have read so many forums that have yet to give a clear answer so I'd love for a...
  3. Photos auto rotating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos auto rotating: Hi,All I am trying to do is view photos in my finder. These are portrait orientation, yet anytime they open up within the viewer they are automatically switched over to landscape orientation. I have read so many forums that have yet to give a clear answer so I'd love for a...
  4. auto rotating photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto rotating photos: After saving and closing excel, photos are auto rotating. How can this be stopped? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotating-photos/e9fdfbed-8d86-407a-b178-a2daaab1beee
  5. auto rotation

auto rotation: auto rotation does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotation/67d77ca5-c144-400c-8cbe-779f9d21d4a0
  6. Stop photo auto rotating

Stop photo auto rotating: How can I stop my pc auto rotating my photos when viewed in photos. I am using windows 10 and this is a recent problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-photo-auto-rotating/8c2e28c6-c037-41bc-8618-5dea19a7fc08
  7. Auto Rotate

Auto Rotate: How do I get Auto Rotate to stay on when I go between PC and Tablet. I like to use it in Tablet Mode. Are how do I get it to turn on. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotate/e8c8596d-cfba-41f3-8186-7111c8284ab7
  8. Auto Rotate in Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Rotate in Photos App: Every time I open portrait oriented photos with the Photos app, it automatically rotates the photo to landscape. When I try to rotate it back to its original portrait orientation, it flips it upside down no matter how many times I try. I then attempt to open the same photo...
  9. want to disable auto rotate

in Windows 10 Support
    want to disable auto rotate: Hi I have an HP Pavillion touchscreen laptop running windows 10. I want to lie on my side in bed and watch a movie, so I want the screen to stay in landscape mode, but I cannot figure out how to do this. I cannot find any checkbox in the intel graphics control panel for...
  10. Auto Photo Rotation

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Photo Rotation: W10 Hp 17" Envy Laptop. Took some photos yesterday on my Panasonic camera, downloaded them via SDHC card but for some reason they are being auto rotated to 90deg from the vertical both in landscape and portrait. This is in viewer and my photo editing programme. Even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable window photo auto rotate

2. how to disable automatic photo rotation Windows 10

3. disable auto rotate windows photo

4. disable auto photoc rotation,
  5. windows 10 disable photo auto rotate