Windows 10: Win 10 Disk Cleanup screwed up my AMD

Discus and support Win 10 Disk Cleanup screwed up my AMD in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So after upgrading to windows 10 i decided to clean up some win 7 system files. BIGGEST MISTAKE!Those files include windows 7 service pack 1 which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Overlorddasa, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Win 10 Disk Cleanup screwed up my AMD

So after upgrading to windows 10 i decided to clean up some win 7 system files. BIGGEST MISTAKE!Those files include windows 7 service pack 1 which is need for the AMD card to work. Anything that is set for the AMD driver to use either crashes or flickers or there is a blank screen and i always get a message like " AMD radeon has crashed" or "Recovered from a problem".

I tried reinstalling some things (Shown in the image below). The ones in red actually started up but finished abruptly stating that "The account already exists". The others did not even start stating "This is not for the current version of windows".
    So short of downgrading to win 7 (then back to win 10), is there anyways i can directly put the files needed or bypass it entirely?

So far im going by just disabling the AMD driver entirely.

Win 10 Disk Cleanup screwed up my AMD [​IMG]

:)

Overlorddasa, Dec 24, 2015
  2. RobHCom Win User

Where can I download an ISO of the update, Windows 10 1511. Windows update and media downloader not an option.

Hey slance, yes I used my OEM key AMD my original OEM disk, the reason is I deleted the system partition and the system reserved partition to bring the disk back to raw state, then formatted the system partition and installed Win 10.

I always find it works best this way for other OS's to clean that system disk up, windows activated at first boot, then updated and now it's working.

It actually went very easy. got all my drivers up to date, DX updated and installed, THEN I screwed up my Outlook install.....lol, I imported the wrong Outlook data file and then had 2.....

but I figured it out. still a zillion things to do...

Now I need sleep.

cheers man,

RC

RobHCom, Dec 24, 2015
  3. lost 2 monitors on Win 10 upgrade

was running an eyefinity desktop but after upgrade, I lost my two other monitors and could not get windows to detect them for the life of me. I had to unplug them and re-plug them to get them detected and even after that get warnings the resolution is below
    640X480, what how these are 1080 monitors? updated to highest drivers I can get from AMD but still nothing. As of this post I will uninstall my video card and reinstall hopefully that will help.

I am confused as to how win 10 is suppose to be better when all it does is screw up your computer?

Current hardware:

AMD FX-8150 Zambezi

32 GB Ram

AMD Radeon R9 390

Win 7 64 upgrade to Win 10

Mercutilis, Dec 24, 2015
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Win 10 Disk Cleanup screwed up my AMD

Have you just tried to reinstall the graphic cards drivers? Go to AMD site and download the correct drivers for your card.

Also the best way to clean SYSTEM files is only use Disk Cleanup and not to manually delete ANY system files.

OldMike65, Dec 24, 2015
  5. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the last three drivers but none of them worked. Even the latest crimson beta update didnt help.

Also i cleaned it using disk cleanup, didnt manually delete it. I need a way to add them back, the major issues poped up only AFTER the cleanup.

Overlorddasa, Dec 25, 2015
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Ok maybe you can try using a 3rd party display uninstaller. This program once you install it, has to be run from SAFE MODE. This will find ANY left over display drivers on your hard drive AND also check your registry for anything related to ANY display driver.
    I've used this program myself, and know it works real well. Its made to find Nvidia and AMD drivers. After running it from Safe Mode, boot back to your OS desktop, then try to install the correct display driver from AMD. This time it just might install because Windows should not find any other type of display drivers or any information on any other display drivers, on your hard disk and in your registry. Their will be no left over files to confuse Windows. Too bad you didn't do some image backup Before this problem happened. I Always make image backups, about every week or two. Just incase I need to go back to a previous date when my computer was running good. Anyhow.....here is a SAFE link to download This Display Driver Uninstaller. (DDU)
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...installer.html

OldMike65, Dec 25, 2015
  7. I used DDU to clean intel and AMD drivers before installing leshcat catalyst 15.11 drivers from Downloads - leshcatlabs.net .
    That didnt help at all.

Also i clean up around a month and a half ago (kept AMD disabled) and dont have any restore point from there.

Overlorddasa, Dec 25, 2015
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Did you run DDU from SAFE MODE ???

OldMike65, Dec 25, 2015
  9. Yes, for both of the drivers i used safe mode and rebooted it right after.

Overlorddasa, Dec 26, 2015
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    By any chance do you have any image backup that you might have made before this problem? I make mine about every 2 weeks. Or maybe a system restore point you could try?? Once those files are deleted, their is no way to restore them unless you have a backup.

I assume you already have tried things like SFC /Scannow Or Dism commands like...
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase
    or a much more involved one like this....

Have you saved an ISO somewhere ?
    If yes, please mount it.
    Then go to elevated command prompt and copy/paste this...............
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    Note: H is the letter where the iso is mounted. If yours is not H, change it.

1) Best way is copying the install.WIM from the ISO to a partition, like E:
    2) DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:E:\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

OldMike65, Dec 26, 2015
  11. No i dont have any image backups from that long ago but i have not looked into Dism

Overlorddasa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Disk Cleanup screwed up my AMD - Similar Threads - Disk Cleanup screwed

2. Disk cleanup won't open on Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk cleanup won't open on Win 10: Disk Cleanup won't open on my Win 10 Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3086. This problem persisted even after several Windows Updates.After I click on Disk Cleanup, I can see it listed on task manager, but the app fails to open.Moreover, while it's trying to open, it causes loss...
  3. Disk cleanup won't open on Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk cleanup won't open on Win 10: Disk Cleanup won't open on my Win 10 Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3086. This problem persisted even after several Windows Updates.After I click on Disk Cleanup, I can see it listed on task manager, but the app fails to open.Moreover, while it's trying to open, it causes loss...
  4. Disk cleanup won't open on Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk Cleanup to Free up disk space in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup to Free up disk space in Windows 10: This instruction helps you clean up temporary and unnecessary system files on your Windows to free up space Step 1: Open disk clean up with Clean up system file enabled Step 2: Clean up System Restore and Shadow Copies Step 3: Clean up Temporary files Step 4: Check for...
  6. Disk Cleanup to Free up disk space in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup to Free up disk space in Windows 10: This instruction helps you clean up temporary and unnecessary system files on your Windows to free up space From the original post here: https://huntertran.com/2020/11/23/disk-cleanup-to-free-disk-space/ Step 1: Open disk clean up with Clean up system file enabled Type...
  7. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup: Hello Forum, Recently made system upgrade to version 1803. (Auto update still disabled). Opened the MS update catalog and downloaded almost all update files for this version (x64), read a little about each one and worked for 3 days to install them. When finished I saw that...
  8. Win 10 Feature 4 Klutzes and Screw Ups

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Feature 4 Klutzes and Screw Ups: Perhaps this feature already exists and someone can kindly enlighten me. I use a Bluetooth mouse (no dongle) and while I am mostly happy with this relatively inexpensive MS product sometimes my "accuracy" is not what it used to be and when working with a speedy pcie nvme m.2...
  9. My parents' Win 10 has screwed up colors- help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My parents' Win 10 has screwed up colors- help!: My parents called today to tell me that they can't read most of the text on their computer, which they recently updated to Windows 10. I spent the last hour trying to figure out what the problem was via my mom holding her phone up to the screen for video conferencing...
  10. win 10 screwed up my photos folder's

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 screwed up my photos folder's: before win 10 I had my photos (1000s ) all arranged in my picture (win 7 ) had em all catalogued and so forth now win 10 in is infinite wisdom put them in folders according to date , beginning with the date I upgraded to win 10 any suggestions on how to unscrew them up ?...