Windows 10: WIN 10 does not like Zonealarm

Discus and support WIN 10 does not like Zonealarm in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can not find ZA anywhere on the computer after installing WIN10. Contacted ZA and they gave me a line to click on and re-download it. But as soon as it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by klaus36, Aug 17, 2015.

1. klaus36 Win User

WIN 10 does not like Zonealarm

Can not find ZA anywhere on the computer after installing WIN10. Contacted ZA and they gave me a line to click on and re-download it. But as soon as it seems to get there it clears my screen and nothing happens.
    Thanks.
    Manfred

:)

klaus36, Aug 17, 2015

2. BSOD Netio.sys

OK. But to the best of my knowledge I've never used Kaspersky. Only Zone alarm/CheckPoint. Kaspersky does not appear in my list of apps.

However: searching for vsdatant seems to show in multiple files that ZoneAlarm uses it.

And in the registry: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\ZoneAlarm\drivers\win70_64\vsdatant.sys"

So uninstall - re-install ZoneAlarm? Uninstall ZoneAlarm and see if the problem goes away? Delete vsdatant registry entries? Seems like a ZoneAlarm SW issue....?

registry data= "C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\ZoneAlarm\drivers\win70_64\vsdatant.sys"

Thanks, it looks like you've narrowed-it down.

WIN 10 does not like Zonealarm [​IMG]

ChristopherK_PalosVerdes, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Win 10 Install reports ZoneAlarm must be removed

Win 10 install stops and says that ZoneAlarm must be un-installed,

I do not have or show any where on my computer ZonAlarm.

Richard

Richard MPyrtko Sr, Aug 17, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Does Zonealarm specifically advertise compatibility with Windows 10 for the version you wish to use? If not it may not have been fully tested and may have problems. Compatibility of security software like firewalls is much more difficult than with normal software.

LMiller7, Aug 17, 2015
  5. WIN 10 does not like Zonealarm

And so it shouldn't it - the Windows Firewall is more than sufficient and a third-party one is unnecessary

garydexter, Aug 17, 2015
  6. GEWB Win User
    Ummm, no.

Regards,

7. LMiller7 Win User
    The firewall included in Windows 10 is adequate for most people. But most is not all. This firewall does not offer all the features that might be needed for some situations. It was never intended that it would and Microsoft would get into big legal problems if it did. There are situations where the built in firewall is NOT sufficient and a third party alternative is required. The commercial version of Zonealarm offers features not found in Windows 10 firewall.

Whether or not the op is in such a situation is of course unknown.

LMiller7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WIN 10 does not like Zonealarm - Similar Threads - does Zonealarm

2. Why does epic games lags my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does epic games lags my computer?: Why does epic games launcher lags my computer? When I download epic games, my pointer starts moving when I'm not touching it, and when I delete it, it doesn't move. When I download it, it for some reason does some weird stuff, such as turns off my computer in 2 minutes. Can...
  3. Why does epic games lags my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does epic games lags my computer?: Why does epic games launcher lags my computer? When I download epic games, my pointer starts moving when I'm not touching it, and when I delete it, it doesn't move. When I download it, it for some reason does some weird stuff, such as turns off my computer in 2 minutes. Can...
  4. Does thinkpad t470 i5 6th gen support windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does thinkpad t470 i5 6th gen support windows 11: Does thinkpad t470 i5 6th gen support windows 11.how to update windows 11 for free. It's given or should forcely update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-thinkpad-t470-i5-6th-gen-support-windows-11/57705da2-3400-4c5c-9bf3-f6e534240547
  5. Does thinkpad t470 i5 6th gen support windows 11

Does thinkpad t470 i5 6th gen support windows 11: Does thinkpad t470 i5 6th gen support windows 11.how to update windows 11 for free. It's given or should forcely update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-thinkpad-t470-i5-6th-gen-support-windows-11/57705da2-3400-4c5c-9bf3-f6e534240547
  6. What does this red X mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does this red X mean?: I'm getting message that Onedrive is 102% full. And then I went to desktop and there are red X's next to folders. What does the red X mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-red-x-mean/f7a2e311-38f9-4fde-adc9-9a0db4a46c2e
  7. What does this red X mean?

What does this red X mean?: I'm getting message that Onedrive is 102% full. And then I went to desktop and there are red X's next to folders. What does the red X mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-red-x-mean/f7a2e311-38f9-4fde-adc9-9a0db4a46c2e
  8. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  9. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  10. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on