Windows 10: Win 10 does not recognize login password -- freezes up

Discus and support Win 10 does not recognize login password -- freezes up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft suggested that I download Win 10 and like a credulous fool I took them up on it. It took more than 24 hours while it "worked in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArtMurphy, Aug 15, 2015.

1. ArtMurphy Win User

Win 10 does not recognize login password -- freezes up

Microsoft suggested that I download Win 10 and like a credulous fool I took them up on it. It took more than 24 hours while it "worked in the background" to install but finally this morning it said it was complete and ready.
    The new Win 10 login page says, "Hi there! Welcome back!" It shows my username and there is a login window with a blinking cursor and an eye symbol. There is a "Next" button and a small "I'm not (username)" also on the page.
    When I enter my password and hit "enter" nothing happens. If I click on any of the other items on the page nothing happens. I have done several hard reboots and tried again -- nothing happens.
    I would like to try Win 10 to see if it is indeed the land of happiness, but I'm also willing to uninstall it and reinstall my familiar, old Win 7 until 10 is more, ahem, mature.
    Is there a path out of this impasse?
    Could it be that my Dell Optiplex is pissed at me for dumping Win 7 and will remain unresponsive and sullen until I return to it?

:)

ArtMurphy, Aug 15, 2015

2. Login hangs after entering password

Repro:

• Boot up Win 10 after latest update
    • Enter correct password for Microsoft account
    • Attempt to login
    Result : Login freezes and I am not able to log in.

Hard boot is required.

BrianFalkner, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Safe Mode log in

I went into safe mode on my win 10 PC and when booting up it asks for a password. In normal mode login asks for a PIN. In Safe Mode login asks for a password. The normal mode PIN does not work for login to password request. Now I can't log into my
    PC or get out of safe mode. Help

RichardMillerXC, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 does not recognize login password -- freezes up

1. Win 10 does not recognize login password -- freezes up - Similar Threads - does recognize login

2. Computer does not recognize windows login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer does not recognize windows login password: I know my windows account password but when I enter it I get a message that the password is. Not correct. I know it’s correct because I can login using it on another computer. Can’t use a windows recovery because no disk was created. Any way to get this computer to accept the...
  3. Computer does not recognize windows login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer does not recognize windows login password: I know my windows account password but when I enter it I get a message that the password is. Not correct. I know it’s correct because I can login using it on another computer. Can’t use a windows recovery because no disk was created. Any way to get this computer to accept the...
  4. Computer does not recognize windows login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 Pro login password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 Pro login password: I upgraded my Acer Aspire Win 10 Pro Ver 1903 from 4GB to 8GB RAM and when I started the laptop it asked for a password. I have 'never ask' in netplwiz and 'never' under require sign-in unchecked. No options have changed there and I have never been asked for a password since...
  6. windows 10 login pin and password not recognized

windows 10 login pin and password not recognized: windows 10 64 bit 2004. System rebooted after/during update. Neither Pin or PW work. I can login to MS on line account and change PW from another Workstation but first PC will not use it. Safe mode and diagnostics need PW. Trying to boot from restore disk at this point....
  7. Windows does not recognize login password

Windows does not recognize login password: I have a desktop PC Dell running Windows10. It is relatively new. I cannot get it to recognize an MS account to log in to windows Hello. It is messing up my updates, access to MS Store etc. I can't get anything. I have created new accounts, reset password multiple times,...
  8. win 10 login. Lost password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 login. Lost password: I have an Interactive Flat Panel Display with a small win 10 computer docked into it. previous user put security login on and now I can't get the password as they are not reachable. there is no Microsoft account attached. I figure I have to use a USB and reconfigure...
  9. Win 10 does not recognize scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 does not recognize scanner: Hi, my win 10 64-bit install does not recognize my ACER 640U scanner. I have downloaded the correct driver but win 10 does not install it. When I access "Scanners and Cameras" in the Control Panel and I click on "Add Device", point to the location of the .inf file, nothing...
  10. win 10 freezes up

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 freezes up: The only way I can unfreeze my system is to press and hold power off key--ctrl-alt-del does not work for me,is there a simple fix for this issue ? 84878

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows does not recognize log in