Windows 10: Win 10 does not recognize my admin account

Discus and support Win 10 does not recognize my admin account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi! I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 and as a result Win 10 does not recognize my admin account (I was using fingerprint to access it without a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by polkovnyk, Jun 13, 2016.

1. polkovnyk Win User

Win 10 does not recognize my admin account

Hi! I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 and as a result Win 10 does not recognize my admin account (I was using fingerprint to access it without a password), and now it does not open with fingerprint and does not accept any possible passwords. Moreover, I cannot use advanced startup options as it still requires admin password to enter that mode. As a result I can only access now one non-admin user account and cannot install or remove anything! What shall I do with it? I do not want to reset the system and lose all my files.

:)

polkovnyk, Jun 13, 2016

2. Contacts in People App

I am having the same problem on Win 10 Mobile - the Outlook Mail app only recognizes contacts synchronized from my Exchange account and does not recognize or find contacts in my phone's (Lumia 950) People list. Win 8.1 on Lumia Icon did not do this.
    Please help - this is a major problem!!

Teenager Dad, Jun 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - Have Admin Rights as a User/ Cut System Does Not Recognize Rights

System does not recognize my admin rights in Windows 10? Help

EugenZinser, Jun 13, 2016
  4. Win 10 does not recognize my admin account

Hello.
    You might want to check if you're capable of re-installing your fingerprint driver in the non-admin account. Otherwise try:
    • Booting into safe-mode
    • Going back to windows , you can do that if you installed Windows 10 and had it for less than 30 days.
    • Resetting your pc. Probably the only way if none above works.

AbAppletic, Jun 13, 2016
  5. Gayle Win User
    Gayle, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 does not recognize my admin account

1. Win 10 does not recognize my admin account - Similar Threads - does recognize admin

2. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin account that does not have admin permissions: My Windows 10 account is an administrator account. Lately when I try to update an app or install a new app, I am prompted that the action cannot be done without administrator permissions. Um, doesn't an administrator account have administrator permissions? This is getting...
  3. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin account that does not have admin permissions: My Windows 10 account is an administrator account. Lately when I try to update an app or install a new app, I am prompted that the action cannot be done without administrator permissions. Um, doesn't an administrator account have administrator permissions? This is getting...
  4. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My single account on Windows 10 does not have admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My single account on Windows 10 does not have admin: So I have only one user account on Windows 10 and I don't have admin on that user. I tried to change that with the netplwiz code in the command prompt but it didn't let me get in since I don't have admin I can't click the yes button when the 'Do you want this app to make...
  6. My single account on Windows 10 does not have admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    My single account on Windows 10 does not have admin: So I have only one user account on Windows 10 and I don't have admin on that user. I tried to change that with the netplwiz code in the command prompt but it didn't let me get in since I don't have admin I can't click the yes button when the 'Do you want this app to make...
  7. Computer Does not Recognize Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Does not Recognize Win 10 Pro: I upgraded from Vista to Win 10 Pro. Windows Pro seems to be working ok. When I try to upload the latest drivers for my Dell computer, I do not see the operating system Win 10. It only shows Vista and Win XP. How come It does not show Win 10 as a operating system...
  8. Windows 10 Security won't recognize my admin account as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Security won't recognize my admin account as admin: I've been trying to install some third party apps, but windows SmartScreen always blocks me without the option to "Run Anyway." All the advice I can find when googling suggests to set "Check apps and files" to "Warn" in windows security - but this option is unavailable to me,...
  9. Win does not prompt for an Admin password in a Standard account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win does not prompt for an Admin password in a Standard account: I have two accounts - Administrator & Standard. When I login to the standard account and tried accessing the admin folders (C:\Users\Admin...), it asked me for my admin password initially. However, after entering the correct password, I was able to access the files and...
  10. Win 10 does not recognize scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 does not recognize scanner: Hi, my win 10 64-bit install does not recognize my ACER 640U scanner. I have downloaded the correct driver but win 10 does not install it. When I access "Scanners and Cameras" in the Control Panel and I click on "Add Device", point to the location of the .inf file, nothing...