Windows 10: Win 10 does not recognize scanner

Discus and support Win 10 does not recognize scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my win 10 64-bit install does not recognize my ACER 640U scanner. I have downloaded the correct driver but win 10 does not install it. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by esebm, Mar 8, 2016.

1. esebm Win User

Win 10 does not recognize scanner

Hi, my win 10 64-bit install does not recognize my ACER 640U scanner.

I have downloaded the correct driver but win 10 does not install it. When I access "Scanners and Cameras" in the Control Panel and I click on "Add Device", point to the location of the .inf file, nothing happens. The "Next" button is grayed out. I can only click on "Back" or again on "Have Disk", which starts the circle again.
    I have restarted my PC disabling the driver signature thing but it does make no difference.
    Can someone help here?
    Thanks,
    Ed

:)

esebm, Mar 8, 2016
  2. DebbieDye Win User

Win 10 doesn't recognize my HP 8600 printer

I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and for a little while my HP 8600 all in one printer/scanner worked fine. Then all of a sudden it won't work. I've tried reinstalling the printer many times, but it doesn't recognize it on the network. However, the printer
    says it's on the network. Win 10 is not recognizing it.

DebbieDye, Mar 8, 2016
  3. i cannot install epson v550 photo scanner on my MSI laptop

it's been months that i've been trying to install my epson scanner but no luck.

it seems that windows 10 does not recognize my scanner. i didn't have any issues with my old laptop

running windows 8.1, as soon as i connect my scanner it recognizes it instanly.

bongsalvacion, Mar 8, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I don't see your setup but I have run into problems with older devices using USB 2.0 when plugged into USB 3.0 ports even though the USB 3.0 is supposed to be backward compatible, some as simple as a wireless mouse/keyboard kit, multifunction printer/scanner devices and some older USB Thumb/Flash drives.

Berton, Mar 8, 2016
  5. esebm Win User
    My Dell is over 5 years old and it does not have any USB3.0 port.

esebm, Mar 8, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    This is a very old scanner:
    Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows 95 OSR 2.1, Microsoft Windows 98/ME
    Acer ScanPrisa 640U Specs - CNET

Just wondering if you really have a 64 bit driver for it?

If you only have a 32 bit driver you could use a virtualised 32 bit OS under win 10 and use it that way; other ideas suggested with 'difficult' scanners- a commercial program called Vuescan; you could also try a driver scanner program - DriverMax has found me 2 drivers I couldn't get any other way under Win 10 x64, but won't help if no 64 bit driver actually exists of course.

dalchina, Mar 9, 2016
  7. esebm Win User
    I found this driver: Acer x64.zip, unzipped it and tried to install it. Didn't work.

esebm, Mar 9, 2016
  8. Win 10 does not recognize scanner

You have to install a 32 bit driver for that model
    Not a 64 bit
    Have you tried uninstalling the scanner from programs and features
    Then reconnecting it and see if Microsoft will install a driver for it
    Then to see if it works ok
    Go to Start then All Apps
    Then scroll down to scan
    If short cut has not been placed in start tiles

hTconeM9user, Mar 9, 2016
  9. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Mar 9, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    But you can't use 32 bit drivers directly in a 64 bit OS... hence my suggestion of virtualisation or Vuescan (as Bobkn confirmed should be ok if worth the £££)

dalchina, Mar 9, 2016
  11. esebm Win User
    Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.
    Ed

esebm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 does not recognize scanner - Similar Threads - does recognize scanner

2. Scanner not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner not recognized by pc: Hello,I have a Canon MX410 PIXMA, series printer and scanner, connected with a USB plugto pc, W10 printer works, scanner not recognized ???What should I do to get the scanner recognized and work.All advice welcomeThank you...
  3. Scanner not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner not recognized by pc: Hello,I have a Canon MX410 PIXMA, series printer and scanner, connected with a USB plugto pc, W10 printer works, scanner not recognized ???What should I do to get the scanner recognized and work.All advice welcomeThank you...
  4. Scanner not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Scanner Not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner Not recognized: I have an Epson XP-820 printer/scanner. I can print but when I try to scan, I receive an error message saying the scanner isn't connected to the computer. How do you correct this?...
  6. Scanner Not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner Not recognized: I have an Epson XP-820 printer/scanner. I can print but when I try to scan, I receive an error message saying the scanner isn't connected to the computer. How do you correct this?...
  7. Laptop will not recognize scanner.

Laptop will not recognize scanner.: I have an [EPSONB5597FXP-235 Series] printer/scanner. My OS is Windows 10. My HP Envy dv7 laptop has stopped recognizing the scanner. It will print wirelessly but will not scan. It will not even recognize the scanner when it is hard wired. It used to do this no problem. How...
  8. Computer Does not Recognize Win 10 Pro

Computer Does not Recognize Win 10 Pro: I upgraded from Vista to Win 10 Pro. Windows Pro seems to be working ok. When I try to upload the latest drivers for my Dell computer, I do not see the operating system Win 10. It only shows Vista and Win XP. How come It does not show Win 10 as a operating system...
  9. Scanner not recognized by Win 10

Scanner not recognized by Win 10: I have a multifunction printer which I have been using for a couple of years. Today I tried to scan a document to file and the scanner program says" "scanner not detected on this device." [Moved from Office/Unknow/other/Windows 10/Office 365 for business]...
  10. Windows 10 does not recognize the scanner for Epson L210

Windows 10 does not recognize the scanner for Epson L210: When the configuration solutions do not work, this is a way to get the scaner started: 1. Make sure the Printer is on .... 2. Under "Devices and Printers," look for the Epson printer icon and right click. 3. In the context menu, look for the option "Start scanning" and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my computer with windows 10 does not recognize my epson et-4550 printer/scanner