Windows 10: Win 10 does not see my Camera?

Discus and support Win 10 does not see my Camera? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All, I have a Sony digital camera DCS-W730 (not a camera on my phone. Its a seperate camera) that I can no longer download photos to my PC? I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jeddie, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Jeddie Win User

Win 10 does not see my Camera?

All,
    I have a Sony digital camera DCS-W730 (not a camera on my phone. Its a seperate camera) that I can no longer download photos to my PC? I haven't used the digital camera since I upgraded to win 10 in Jul 2016. I could download when I was on win7 with no problem.

When I plug in the camera via usb, Windows opens that box that has only 3 choices; Configure, Open, Do nothing.
    Also when I go to file Explorer, W10 has opened up an 'M' & a 'K drive? I can see some photos but these are from 2013? Any recent photo I have taken cannot be found?

If I disconnect the camera, & connect my mp3 player (not a phone, but old school mp3 player), Windows promptly opens that box of choices but this time it offers an option to import photos? This is what is used to do for my camera?
    I have searched the web without success. I checked Sony website and it says my camers is compatible with win 10.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Any suggestions on how to fix?

Running Ver1709

:)

Jeddie, Dec 29, 2017
  2. HeatherY. Win User

Have Acer all in one Win 10 does not see my DVD player and i can't find MY Computer to open same

Are you seeing it in Device Manager? Go to Acer's website and look for a compatible or updated driver.

HeatherY., Dec 29, 2017
  3. Have Acer all in one Win 10 does not see my DVD player and i can't find MY Computer to open same

This writer has a Acer all in one and Win10 does not see my DVD player an i can not find MY Computer to open dvd

legendaireBCR, Dec 29, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

What USB settings have got set on the camera Sony normally have several options and mine opens three drives when connected

Samuria, Dec 29, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    I expect your photos are on your M or K drives from where you can cut and paste them to where you want. I prefer to remove the Sd card from the camera and use a Kingston card reader plugged into the PC's USB slot to read the new photos and copy them where I want,

Steve C, Dec 30, 2017
  6. Jeddie Win User
    Ok - I did find my photos. Not sure why I didn't see them the first time?

But I am still puzzled why windows does not ask me if I wish to Import my photos like it used to

Jeddie, Dec 31, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    At some point you may have clicked not to import or some other program has taken over I have google sync and that just takes over and backes up all photos al on its own I am up to 86,000 and its all free

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 does not see my Camera? - Similar Threads - does Camera

2. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?: how does the set up for camera work .Where does it get installed? please laymens terms . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-the-plug-in-for-usb-camera-installed-at/a0bb6097-55ac-4d89-ae98-3a56bbdaeacd
  3. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?: how does the set up for camera work .Where does it get installed? please laymens terms . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-the-plug-in-for-usb-camera-installed-at/a0bb6097-55ac-4d89-ae98-3a56bbdaeacd
  4. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Camera does not work in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera does not work in windows 10: going through the "Troubleshoot camera issues" of windows help and/or rebooting the PC used to work, still the problem was always present. Now the camera simply does not work. Device manager indicates that the device works fine, but it does not...
  6. Camera does not work in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera does not work in windows 10: going through the "Troubleshoot camera issues" of windows help and/or rebooting the PC used to work, still the problem was always present. Now the camera simply does not work. Device manager indicates that the device works fine, but it does not...
  7. Camera does not work in windows 10

8. [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...: When I try to record a video via the camera app, the audio does not get recorded. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-audio-does-not-get-recorded-despite-all/57e88e08-bba3-45df-ae49-70af9fafde08
  9. [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...

[Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...: When I try to record a video via the camera app, the audio does not get recorded. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-audio-does-not-get-recorded-despite-all/57e88e08-bba3-45df-ae49-70af9fafde08
  10. my camera does not work when I connect to a webex meeting

my camera does not work when I connect to a webex meeting: My camera on my Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 does not work when I try to connect with a webex meeting. the camera settings seem fine, but the video icon on the meeting site does not open....