Windows 10: Win 10 Downloading but not installing, just wants to download again ?

Discus and support Win 10 Downloading but not installing, just wants to download again ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just downloaded Windows 10 to my Windows 7 Pro machine. The trouble is that after it has downloaded it will not install, but just wants to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FredM8, May 12, 2016.

1. FredM8 Win User

Win 10 Downloading but not installing, just wants to download again ?

I have just downloaded Windows 10 to my Windows 7 Pro machine. The trouble is that after it has downloaded it will not install, but just wants to download all over again ?

Need help on this !

:)

FredM8, May 12, 2016

2. can i go back to win 10

Thanks a lot!!!

So...when I want to come back again to win 10....will I have to download all the win10 files again or is there a way to backup win 10 files so I can just install it and I wont have to download it again????

Kartik Sinha, May 12, 2016
  3. 1711mack Win User
    win 10 download failed

I spent 5 hours downloading win 10 only to have it fail to install. I turned off the pc at 11pm and this morning win 10 is gone and wants to download again. I am not going to spend another 5 hours downloading 4-5% at a time. That's all I could get before
    the download stopped and had to be started again to continue on.

1711mack, May 12, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, first could you check your Windows Update logs and post what it says.

Second, take this opportunity to use e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) to create a disk image of your Windows 7.
    This will protect you if you break your OS in the upgrade process or wish to go back to Win 7 and the option to do that fails. You have been granted a great chance to do that.

Your disk image is also a full backup of what you've imaged.

Disk imaging should be used routinely- and you will most likely find Win 10 more fragile than you're used to. So start protecting yourself and your PC and your data now.

Third, download an iso for whichever version of Win 10 you need (language + 32 or 64 bits) to use
    a. for upgrade
    b. as a bootable medium
    c. for potential repair

This is a much better approach than simply downloading and upgrading.

dalchina, May 12, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    Hi FredM8.
    You could do the upgrade yourself. When you show hidden files and folders, you'll find
    That esd file can be copied to a new folder on your desktop. Then, download the esd to iso conversion tool to create the ISO. Once the ISO is created, you can mount it using 7-Zip, and run setup.exe to upgrade the system. See the tutorials here:

ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

Hope that helps. Let us know how it goes.

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Downloading but not installing, just wants to download again ? - Similar Threads - Downloading installing wants

2. i just want the download for Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i just want the download for Microsoft Print to PDF: i just want the download for Microsoft Print to PDF https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-want-the-download-for-microsoft-print-to/17149626-5621-4cf5-80a5-ab70b521a6df
  3. a new update just downloaded and I do not want it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a new update just downloaded and I do not want it.: How can I find updates on my system that have not been and have been installed? Once I find the update I am looking for, is there anything special I need to do to remove it?...
  4. Win 10 download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 download: Hi,ErrorWe encountered a problem with your request. Please visit Microsoft Support Contact Us page for assistance. Refer to Message Code 715-123130 and Transaction ID ebaeef5b-3c10-4a67-bca2-8a515ee2f0d4.this happen as a result when I tried to request English as my option to...
  5. Downloads Not downloading with what i want it to download with.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Not downloading with what i want it to download with.: Hi my name is Tristan A. i love playing minecraft Java and windows 10 and in java i am trying to download .jar files for the java edition i have java installed and i believe it is up to date and good but when i try to download files of google Chrome it downloads as a(n)...
  6. downloading windows 10 again

downloading windows 10 again: Windows 10 will not update at all, so I try windows 10 update assistant and it didn't download an 100% it stop at 99% and I received an error code 0x8000ffff some went wrong...
  7. just downloaded windows 10 update & lost sound again!!!

just downloaded windows 10 update & lost sound again!!!: Every "fix" they show says to right click on the IDT high def codec, I no longer have it how do I get it back??? this sound problem happens with every major update!! GETTING OLD!!!!!!...
  8. Win 10 download

Win 10 download: Where to download the older version of 1809 ? The new 1809 can't work on my pc. 122949
  9. windows downloading again and again

windows downloading again and again: why windows 10 upgrade assistant after 100% downloading again restarts from 1%???... this is hapenning for second time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-downloading-again-and-again/73c3712f-d499-422c-aeb5-3c529391cfd9
  10. Download win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Download win 10: How do you know when the latest version of windows 10 is available? I have downloaded the ISO with the MCT and it is version 10586.35. It is 3,198,720 MB. I downloaded the ISO from ThchBench. It is 3,922,852 MB. I don't know which version it is. There is 724,132 MB...