Windows 10: win 10 downloads but won't run - can't update system resv partition

Discus and support win 10 downloads but won't run - can't update system resv partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; on win 7 pro machine, the error message says, "We couldn't update the system reserved partition." and that's it. no reason why, no proposed solution,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jaypea500, Aug 5, 2015.

1. jaypea500 Win User

win 10 downloads but won't run - can't update system resv partition

on win 7 pro machine, the error message says, "We couldn't update the system reserved partition." and that's it. no reason why, no proposed solution, no "click here for more information." just "close" and 'Learn more about great new windows PC's."

any ideas from the braintrust here?

:)

jaypea500, Aug 5, 2015
  2. joey da p Win User

Sorry for the delay replying. Unfortunately SFC did not help. It found nothing wrong, and Win 10 still won't install after running it.

Any other ideas?

joey da p, Aug 5, 2015
  3. win 10 downloads but won't run - can't update system resv partition

Hi Joey,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community and welcome to Windows 10 family.

I would suggest you run sfc /scannow and check if it helps.
    System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. It scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files.

Please refer to the link below to run sfc /scannow:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope this information helps. Please post us with the required information to help you better.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

1. win 10 downloads but won't run - can't update system resv partition - Similar Threads - downloads won't run

2. New System Build - Won't Run Working Win 10 USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New System Build - Won't Run Working Win 10 USB: I just built a new system with the following components:AMD CPU FX-8350 Black Edition 4.0 GHz 4.2 GHz Turbo Socket AM3+asrock 970m pro3HyperX Kingston FURY 16GB Kit 4x8GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMMGIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1650 WINDFORCE OC 4G Graphics Card, 2 x WINDFORCE Fans, 4GB...
  3. win 10 won't run backup

win 10 won't run backup: I am running win 10 on a surface pro 4 with the latest updates from MS. I have never used the backup option in Settings. Today I turned it on and selected only one folder, Documents, to backup. I selected my removable SD card as the backup drive. When I press the button...
  4. This system can't run Windows 10 - system reserved partition

This system can't run Windows 10 - system reserved partition: My computer, which has run Windows 10 for many years, keeps coming up with an update message of: [ATTACH] I have seen some posts about looking on the Disk management - where all posts show a System reserved Partition - however when I look at my Disk management I don't see...
  5. we couldn't update the system reserved partition win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    we couldn't update the system reserved partition win 10: I have been trying for over a week there are lots of answers have tried a few of them but I am a bit bothered in case my computer goes wrong. I am not so good on doing any thing to my PC. will try anything but some of the answers to my problem ask me to do stuff that very...
  6. Can't update system reserved partition.

Can't update system reserved partition.: I cant update windows. Every time I try I get the cant update system reserved partition error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-system-reserved-partition/dfc732c2-5b49-43b0-afd9-62f6cbbd7aa8
  7. Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.

Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.: Hi, Trying to eliminate the freezing up problem with Windows 10. Recently noticed a key update KB3176938 has not been loaded to my system. In the settings, tried to update but got the message "Can't update the system reserved partition." OK, so poked around in Microsoft...
  8. Windows 10 Update can't update system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update can't update system reserved partition: Hi: I looked for this issue in the forum, but didn't see anything; sorry if it's here and I missed it. I'm trying to update from 8.1 64-bit to 10 on my i7 24GB Toshiba laptop. I keep getting the message "Windows 10 couldn't be installed. We couldn't update the system...
  9. Win 10 can't update System Reserved Partition

Win 10 can't update System Reserved Partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was migrated from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 boots and runs great off the Samsung SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to...
  10. Can't Update System Reserved Partition

Can't Update System Reserved Partition: Received this message whilst trying to upgrade my Acer Laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 256 GB SSD to Windows 10 Home. [img] I've previously upgraded my Desktop from Windows 7 Pro SP1 256 GB SSD to Windows 10 Pro & subsequently performed a clean install with no...