Windows 10: Win 10 driving me mad..please help

Discus and support Win 10 driving me mad..please help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am new to the forum and I will be grateful for help. I upgraded last July from win 8.1 to 10 and every thing went well and I really liked win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sam1970, Jan 7, 2016.

1. sam1970 Win User

Win 10 driving me mad..please help

I am new to the forum and I will be grateful for help. I upgraded last July from win 8.1 to 10 and every thing went well and I really liked win 10 until last week. The problem started when I tried to play a movie in the bluray drive and discovered that it was not working. The drive has disappeared from (this pc). I dont know when did that happen as I did not need to use the drive since the upgrade. All other drives for various memory cards are showing as (USB drive) instead of their specific name but they are working. after failing to bring my bluray drive back to life I re-installed win 10...it did not sort out the problem but now I got more problems:
    1- the task bar stops working randomly and I will have to reboot the pc to get it working

2- I cant defragment any drive as it showing as (defragmentation not available). Actually it is showing my main drive (2TB) as SSD when it is not. I do have 32 GB SSD in the pc but all hard drives are showing as SSDs.

Any help please?

:)

sam1970, Jan 7, 2016
  2. nj15 Win User

Nokia 6280 still driving me mad! Help please

Take it again to the Nokia Service Center and explain what happened.They must repair it whether they like it or not.

nj15, Jan 7, 2016
  3. Help Win 10 is driving me mad.

I have been using Windows 10 which I upgraded from window 7 now for several weeks, at first everything worked. Then all the apps stopped including Mail and Edge, I re-installed and I now have Edge, Mail, Calendar, Cortana and Groove music.

I have tried all the corrective solutions I have found on this site and Youtube, I contacted Microsoft Tech help desk and they spent about 8 hours with remote connection and three people, I was promised a phone call to help correct the problem by two
    members of Microsoft staff and not a word nor a solution to the problem.

I think it is time that Microsoft came up with a solution available to all and for free as they are the cause of all the problems. They have missed something that appears to be in a lot of systems that is affecting the installation and when I say a
    lot I have noted several hundred complaints on the internet.

I have a feeling that since it worked when originally installed that it could be one of the updates that have caused the problem as that is all that has been going into my system since the upgrade. I am unable to check the updates as the system will
    only tell me about the last two updates and no further back.

I am tempted to try another installation but am afraid that I may lose more of the apps I have struggled to get – my next computer will be a Mac.

If anyone can help it would be my best Christmas present ever.

Raymond Kemp, Jan 7, 2016
  4. RobboUK Win User

Is it saying that your drives are partitioned? Had this probelm on my 2nd PC, do you have the option to wipe your HDD & SSD clean and partition them correctly. Then basically try installing W10 again? Some of the files corrupt when you completely reinstall 10.

RobboUK, Jan 7, 2016
  5. Word Man Win User
    On this one, try executing "winsat formal" from an elevated (admin) command prompt (but run plugged in if it's a laptop, not on battery) and then see if defrag and optimize shows your HDD differently.

Word Man, Jan 7, 2016
  6. Since installing windows didn't resolve your problem, I'm not convinced the blu-ray drive issues are the fault of Win10. Sounds more like a hardware failure.

jbdiesellife, Jan 7, 2016
  7. essenbe Win User
    Unless I am mistaken, Windows 10 does not natively provide the necessary software for Bluray. You have to install the software to play Bluray drives.

For the Disk Defrag, look at the bottom of the page and see if it is turned off or on. You can turn it on and manually analyze and defragment any drives, but never defrrag an SSD. After you are finished you can turn it off again or set up a schedule. If you set up a schedule, make sure the SSD is not included in that schedule.

essenbe, Jan 7, 2016
  8. sam1970 Win User

thank you guys..i will try posting some images for the problem. Regarding the bluray software..I do have it on CD but cant install it as the drive is not recognised by the PC..it keeps spinning but nothing happens.

sam1970, Jan 7, 2016
  9. sam1970 Win User
    This is what I get when try to defragment..Please note that that my c drive is not SSD !!

Win 10 driving me mad..please help [​IMG]

sam1970, Jan 7, 2016
  10. sam1970 Win User
    and this is the view of my PC..all drive names ave disappeared and the bluray drive has gone completely

Win 10 driving me mad..please help [​IMG]

sam1970, Jan 7, 2016
  11. sam1970 Win User
    Thank you ..tried that but did not work.

Also..any suggestion for the non working task bar problem?

sam1970, Jan 7, 2016
  12. So the optical drive does spin? Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for it?

jbdiesellife, Jan 7, 2016
  13. sam1970 Win User

I have sorted out the optical drive...opened the case and unplugged and then plugged the cables and it is working fine now. The problems now are the occasionally non working task bar and the defragmentation issue

sam1970, Jan 7, 2016
  14. sam1970 Win User
    any suggestion please for the task bar problem?

sam1970, Jan 9, 2016
  15. dysert Win User
    Since your CD doesn't work, go to the company's website and download the drivers and (re-)install them.

dysert, Jan 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Win 10 driving me mad..please help - Similar Threads - driving mad please

2. Mouse Jittery - driving me mad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Jittery - driving me mad: I'm not sure what is going on but in the last few days my mouse has been really jittery and it is driving me mad.Any ideas how I can fix this?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-jittery-driving-me-mad/a6773101-b066-41d9-9091-5cf24f04defc
  3. Please help with BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation it is driving me mad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help with BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation it is driving me mad: Hi all,For about the past 18 months on and off this issue has been driving me crazy, any updates to the NVIDIA graphics driver end up in my PC constantly crashing, I have a NVIDIA RTX 2060 in my machine, it constantly involves me having to revert to the oldest driver I can...
  4. Please help with BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation it is driving me mad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help with BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation it is driving me mad: Hi all,For about the past 18 months on and off this issue has been driving me crazy, any updates to the NVIDIA graphics driver end up in my PC constantly crashing, I have a NVIDIA RTX 2060 in my machine, it constantly involves me having to revert to the oldest driver I can...
  5. Please help with BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation it is driving me mad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Please help me I'm going mad with the beeping sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me I'm going mad with the beeping sound: There is an annoying beep sound which happens at random times throughout the day when I'm using my laptop. I tried everything to stop it: switched all sound off on the laptop, tried running trouble shooter on speakers, ran support assist several times, tried Procmon which did...
  7. bluetooth issues - driving me mad, please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth issues - driving me mad, please help: I have a dell laptop E7470. 1. Bluetooth devices are connecting to "connected voice" options, sound does not come over the bluetooth headphones automatically, after doing a bit of research having to go into troubleshooting and apply fixes for setting the bluetooth headphones...
  8. bluetooth issues - driving me mad, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    bluetooth issues - driving me mad, please help: I have a dell laptop E7470. 1. Bluetooth devices are connecting to "connected voice" options, sound does not come over the bluetooth headphones automatically, after doing a bit of research having to go into troubleshooting and apply fixes for setting the bluetooth headphones...
  9. Firefox driving me mad

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox driving me mad: Firefox keeps crashing, get the script stopped working. I have to use it for certain tasks so stuck there but what is the best browser, not Edge please. 52667
  10. Please help, this is driving me mad !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help, this is driving me mad !!: Okay, I upgraded to windows 10 as soon as it released a couple of days ago. Since then I have been tearing my hair out trying to solve the few issues I have. I am about to give up and go back to windows 8.1, but thought I would post here first to see if anyone can help....