Windows 10: Win 10 extend volume

Discus and support Win 10 extend volume in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all got a problem with an old laptop use to run vista as main os, over time added 8 then 10 upgrade, deleted win vista was slowing system down too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by web, Dec 28, 2017.

1. WEB
    web Win User

Win 10 extend volume

Hi all got a problem with an old laptop use to run vista as main os, over time added 8 then 10 upgrade, deleted win vista was slowing system down too much, use as a back up pc to get online as a last resort its slow and old but got me out of some scrapes, (acer 7720G) (like a old fatback tv) any way im left with pic below

Win 10 extend volume [​IMG]

the two volumes before ten where one which vista sat on dont need, but can't get ten to merge with them, ten ran out of space to upgrade but i got plenty i cant get it to use, tried all the free options i can think of all want to pay up to merge boot system volume, windows own disk management just has extend grayed out ????

:)

2. want delete win 10 and reinstall

want delete win 10 and reinstall

I install win 10 since Microsoft release it , So the win 10 extend the capacity on my volume so I need to format my C partition and reinstall Win 10 again.

Please am in vacation period and it's limited time, So I need do that before the work time.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Mohamed Medhat_994, Dec 28, 2017
  3. How to extend OS drive volume in Windows 10.?

Can anyone help? I want to extend the volume space in OS installed drive, but the Extend volume option in not appearing. For other drives it's working perfectly. How to extend my C: Drive volume?

Smruti Ranjan, Dec 28, 2017
  4. Win 10 extend volume

You can't delete or extend System partition this partition is use to boot Windows OS. You can shrink 74 GB System partition this partition must be at least 300 MB. You need to delete F: partition only unallocated storage space can be extended use MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition to extend unallocated storage spaces to C: partition.

FreeBooter, Dec 28, 2017
Thema:

Win 10 extend volume

1. Win 10 extend volume - Similar Threads - extend volume

2. Shrink volume size error. The last unmovable file appears to be: \$Extend\$UsnJrnl:$J:$DATA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shrink volume size error. The last unmovable file appears to be: \$Extend\$UsnJrnl:$J:$DATA: I want to partition my C: drive, but the available shrink volume size is very less even when is have around 900GB of free storage. I have already tried disabling the header, pager and system recovery file. It didn't work.The error in event viewer is given as: The last...
  3. Shrink volume size error. The last unmovable file appears to be: \$Extend\$UsnJrnl:$J:$DATA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shrink volume size error. The last unmovable file appears to be: \$Extend\$UsnJrnl:$J:$DATA: I want to partition my C: drive, but the available shrink volume size is very less even when is have around 900GB of free storage. I have already tried disabling the header, pager and system recovery file. It didn't work.The error in event viewer is given as: The last...
  4. Extend Volume wizard tells me no available space on my D: disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extend Volume wizard tells me no available space on my D: disk: Hi - I use Windows 10 and am trying to get more space on my C: drive to try and improve performance and more importantly prevent messages telling me there's not enough free space to do system updates etc... I'm following the instructions in this although confusingly this is...
  5. Extend Volume wizard tells me no available space on my D: disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend Volume wizard tells me no available space on my D: disk: Hi - I use Windows 10 and am trying to get more space on my C: drive to try and improve performance and more importantly prevent messages telling me there's not enough free space to do system updates etc... I'm following the instructions in this although confusingly this is...
  6. Extend Volume wizard tells me no available space on my D: disk

7. C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray

C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray: Ms“-“The comparison operation has been carried out according to Ms's official "Disk Management-Expand Basic Volume" entry, but it is invalid.......But I can't upload pictures as explanations. This may be due to many reasons... I can only describe them in words.CDNTFS20GBMy C...
  8. C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray

C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray: Ms“-“The comparison operation has been carried out according to Ms's official "Disk Management-Expand Basic Volume" entry, but it is invalid.......But I can't upload pictures as explanations. This may be due to many reasons... I can only describe them in words.CDNTFS20GBMy C...
  9. C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How can I extend a drive when Extend Volume in Disk Management is greyed out?

How can I extend a drive when Extend Volume in Disk Management is greyed out?: Windows 10I had two partitions on my computer C and D, I want to delete D and Extend C to include the space in D.I followed the instructions for using Disk Management and deleted the D Drive, when I went to extend the C drive 'Extend Partition' is greyed out....