Windows 10: Win 10 factory reset failure

Discus and support Win 10 factory reset failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; recently did a factory reset on my Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop (Build Nov 2016, i7, 8Gb, AMD R7 m445 graphics) to try and repair some long standing bugs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dazb2000, Jun 1, 2018.

1. dazb2000 Win User

Win 10 factory reset failure

recently did a factory reset on my Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop (Build Nov 2016, i7, 8Gb, AMD R7 m445 graphics) to try and repair some long standing bugs I had encountered during previous attempts at Win10 updates. Unfortunately after completing the reset, the laptop boots up, displays the Dell logo, the blue startup bar completes, then goes to a black screen. Forcing a hard reboot, Win10 diagnoses and attempts to repair itself, but does not find any problems. If allowed to continue its again goes to black screen & nothing. After reading numerous forums I have tried the following:

* Disconnected any plug in devices ie mouse, usb etc - nothing

* Let sit overnight in black screen – nothing

* Reset to factory setting x 2 – nothing

* Reset Bios to default – nothing

* Advanced Settings Windows repair – nothing

* Advanced Settings Reinstall to previous – cannot do as reset has wiped all restored points .

* Boot to Safe Mode – Error message “Windows cannot complete installation in Safe mode. To continue installing windows, restart the computer” – back to black screen.

* In CMD; scf /scannow – no problems identified

* Downloaded & created Win10 ISO to usb – booted to this & tried repair to computer but no change & back to black screen on restart.

* In CMD; bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /scanos, bootrec /rebuildbcd – no problems, but did identify that number of operating systems = 0

I am not a tech expert by any means, so have been reluctant to go fiddling around much in the BIOS at this stage. I thought a factory reset was supposed to resolve these issues, not create more. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could try as I have run out of things to try get a restart, before I have to try and find an computer expert to repair this.

thanks

:)

dazb2000, Jun 1, 2018
  2. Lovenovo Win User

Back to Win 10 after a factory reset to Win 8.1

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Helix (2nd Gen) which I had ugraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 sometime in mid-July (definitely before July 25). However, I problems with the touch-screen and touchpad cropped up. After much research and online discussion, I decided
    to factory reset the device. While the great news is that the Helix is now working perfectly, the factory reset has taken me back to Win 8.1. Some of the people who helped with diagnosing and resolving the issue have suggested I keep (and work on) Win 8.1
    for minimum of a fortnight (since the problems started within a fortnight of upgrading to Win 10).

However, I want to know if I can go back to Win 10 in the future, and if yes, is there a timeline within which I have to reinstall?? Also, I have a Win 10 installation (ISO) file, but the problem is that it is a Win 10 Home version, while the Helix was running
    Win 10 Pro (and is now running Win 8.1 Pro). Can I download a similar ISO file (Pro version) from the Microsft website (link please)??

Lovenovo, Jun 12, 2018
  3. scraftys Win User
    Win 10 Factory Reset and others

Yo, I have Win 7 Home, but I have a few questions here...

1. When I factory reset will I be able to update to 10 AFTER I get 10?

-ie. I upgrade to win10 and/or reinstall windows or factory reset. Can I get win10 again

2. Can I move my win 10 to different computers (I plan on getting a new rig)

scraftys, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 factory reset failure

1. Win 10 factory reset failure - Similar Threads - factory reset failure

2. Factory Reset failure.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory Reset failure.: When i try to factory reset my pc it shows: dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.I dont now what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-failure/04beaa76-d2b8-4221-aa86-3e09a127bbaa
  3. Factory Reset failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset failure.: When i try to factory reset my pc it shows: dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.I dont now what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-failure/04beaa76-d2b8-4221-aa86-3e09a127bbaa
  4. Factory Reset A Win 10

Factory Reset A Win 10: I have a win 10 in which factory reset is not possible as when I go into the screen which shows the reset options only the UEFI option shows in the Advanced mode, picture for ref...
  5. Factory Reset A Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset A Win 10: I have a win 10 in which factory reset is not possible as when I go into the screen which shows the reset options only the UEFI option shows in the Advanced mode, picture for ref...
  6. Factory reset failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset failure: Hello!I attempted to do a factory reset last night on my windows 10, but something seems to have gone wrong. It just keeps looping through this boot screen a million times then back to the BIOS screen. I select "Save and Continue" to do the reset on the BIOS screen, but it...
  7. Factory reset failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset failure: Hello!I attempted to do a factory reset last night on my windows 10, but something seems to have gone wrong. It just keeps looping through this boot screen a million times then back to the BIOS screen. I select "Save and Continue" to do the reset on the BIOS screen, but it...
  8. Factory reset failure

9. Factory reset failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory reset failure: Today i was changing my email on my Microsoft account on my laptop.i log of to gp eat. The thing is still trying to login to a deleted account.i tried to factory reset to get to the set-up. Instead when the laptop turnd back on it says my account is disabled and that i need...
  10. Factory Reset Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset Failure: Hi everyone! Thank you for your help. My HP (Win 10) computer was freaking out. Everytime I tried to restart it, it asked if I was sure I wanted to restart as "another user" still had pending work. There were no other users, than my account, and I surely didn't log on as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. factory reset failure