Windows 10: Win 10 Fall Creators Update - Some issues with minimizing & Defender

Discus and support Win 10 Fall Creators Update - Some issues with minimizing & Defender in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I finally got the "Fall Creators" update a few days ago. So far everything seems to be working fine with two small exceptions: 1) I can no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Flogger23m, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Win 10 Fall Creators Update - Some issues with minimizing & Defender

I finally got the "Fall Creators" update a few days ago. So far everything seems to be working fine with two small exceptions:

1) I can no longer minimize games with the Windows key on the keyboard. A lot of games used to seamlessly minimize to a smaller window (such as BF4/1) so I could quickly do something on the desktop and then click on the game window to maximize to full screen again. Is there any setting that the update may have changed which would effect this?

Likewise pressing the Windows + Tab key does not do anything. The only way to minimize a full screen 3D application now is to enter task manager, which takes a lot longer, isn't as seamless and doesn't always work in all games.

I am running Nvidia (recently updated drivers) if it matters.

2) Each time I restart Windows 10, Windows Defender pops up in a window. It simply loads the default Defender screen as if you had opened the app. I don't see the need for it to pop up each time I restart Win 10 to tell me that my device is protected; I'd prefer for it to just tell me if it had found malicious software. Any work around in Defender settings to make it not popup at startup?

:)

Flogger23m, Jan 31, 2018
  2. bhringer Win User

Windows Defender Security Center Manual Scanning Controls (Application) Location

Greg,

On my Win 10 Fall Creator context menu scan brings up Windows Defender Security Center interface. Could it be issue in your case with Avast?

~

bhringer, Jan 31, 2018
  3. constant cpu usage after startup and with no network, applications or other processes running

If you are running the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you are likely experiencing issues due to it.

I'm not surprised you are having trouble with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

There seems to be some early adopter issues at this time with Windows 10 1709, if you can, I recommend you downgrade to your previous version until the Fall Creators Update matures with future cumulative updates.

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery > under Go back to my previous version of Windows 10, click Get started.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 31, 2018
  4. Win 10 Fall Creators Update - Some issues with minimizing & Defender

Open the Device Manager by pressing Windows + X keys.

From Device Manager expand Keyboards right click all the driver one at time and click Uninstall and restart your computer.

Open the Task Manager and from Startup tab disable Windows Defender, you will all so notice "Windows Defender notification icon" entry as the name indicate this startup entry use to place Windows Defender notification icon at Taskbar it does not startup Windows Defender when you login to your computer.

FreeBooter, Jan 31, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Fall Creators Update - Some issues with minimizing & Defender

1. Win 10 Fall Creators Update - Some issues with minimizing & Defender - Similar Threads - Fall Creators Update

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly: Hi All Not sure if this is a real issue or not, but it shows Other Updates all Failed, is it Related to Avast Free 17.8? or just a Windows 10 Update glitch, or nothing to be concerned about, I can try the update reset if need be 97860
  4. Windows 10 Fall Creators update issues and problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Fall Creators update issues and problems.: Hi all, I have big problems with the new MS update which prevents me from installing updates or drivers. It seems that MS has a mind of its own because whenever i install newer drivers it keeps saying that older drivers are installed in device manager.. This is what...
  5. Fall Creators Update Causing Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update Causing Issues: I recently installed the new Fall Creators Update, and right after, I have been having some weird issues that I'm not happy about, and quite frankly, I want to uninstall the update because of it. 1) My EasyMail for Gmail app stopped giving me notifications for new mail....
  6. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  7. Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues

Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues: I am having issues updating from 1703 to 1709, and I could use some help. I used the native Windows Update tool to download 1709. I restarted my computer when prompted to begin the installation. I got about a quarter of the way through the installation when I got a blue...
  8. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....