Windows 10: Win 10 FCU shutdown issue

Discus and support Win 10 FCU shutdown issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Does win 10 FCU shutdown in a different manner as compared to previous ones? Because both of my PCs, one with a HDD and another with SSD is shutting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by babi, Dec 25, 2017.

1. babi Win User

Win 10 FCU shutdown issue

Does win 10 FCU shutdown in a different manner as compared to previous ones? Because both of my PCs, one with a HDD and another with SSD is shutting down slowly after the updates. Please share your opinions

:)

2. shut down goes into restart mode instead of shutting down

shut down goes into restart mode instead of shutting down

shutdown issue, Dec 25, 2017
  3. Hyper-V virtual switch causes slow download speeds

Actually, no, not "everyone". I have Win 10 Pro FCU and Hyper-V and have no such issues with virtual switches.

Trying a solution that might cost $25 isn't worth it? Up to you of course.

Good luck!

Solar-Eclipse, Dec 25, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Hi @babi, I don't think there's any difference in shutdown routine but some things may have been reset. To make sure it's shutting down cleanly, run this line
    %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -f -t 00

CountMike, Dec 25, 2017
  5. zinou Win User
    Hi,
    Make sure your drivers are up to date ...

zinou, Dec 26, 2017
  6. Mayfly Win User
    Thank you CountMike. That cmd has helped me.
    My laptop had slowed on shut down, it wasn't indicating as my old one did that that there were programmes in the back ground waiting to close but the time lag between clicking the shutdown and it actually responding was taking ages.

Mayfly, Dec 26, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    You could make a shortcut with that line as Target and keep it on desktop or Taskbar.

CountMike, Dec 26, 2017
  8. eddward Win User

What is this line about ?

btw yes, I'm experiencing a bit slower shutdown with FCU. I'm on SSD and it takes up to 10 sec, before update I believe it was max 3-4 sec.

eddward, Dec 29, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    -s Shutdown the computer.
    -f Force running applications to close without forewarning users.
    -t 00 Immediate, no delay

Enter shutdown /? for more info.

Ztruker, Dec 29, 2017
  10. eddward Win User
    hmm thanks, it was pretty quick, around 3s
    could the MSI Afterburner cause delays? (nothing else is running)

eddward, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 FCU shutdown issue - Similar Threads - FCU shutdown issue

2. Random Win 10 shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Win 10 shutdowns: Can anyone help? Is this a GPU problem, or a driver problem? I am getting random windows shutdowns:Problem details:SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎10/‎18/‎2022 11:25 AMStatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 144Parameter 1:...
  3. Random Win 10 shutdowns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Win 10 shutdowns: Can anyone help? Is this a GPU problem, or a driver problem? I am getting random windows shutdowns:Problem details:SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎10/‎18/‎2022 11:25 AMStatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 144Parameter 1:...
  4. Random Win 10 shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win 10 - power issues in shutdown and hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 - power issues in shutdown and hibernate: Hello community My laptop has been having below described issues for over 6 months. I have uploaded the system data. Kindly refer and assist to resolve the issue. What happens: Below are the issues experienced, though randomly but occurs frequently. Sleep - unable to...
  6. Is it possible to manually install desired updates in Win 10-1709 FCU?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to manually install desired updates in Win 10-1709 FCU?: Hello everyone. So i decided to downgrade my windows 10 latest update to fall creators update 1709 by reinstalling it. The reason is that after many updates i observed my CPU and RAM are throttled to work slower possible by so known Meltdown and Spectre "vulnerabilities''...
  7. FCU upgrade Unusual Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    FCU upgrade Unusual Issue: This morning I am still unable to get a complete working install of the FCU upgrade. The install has completed, I get to the place where you Put in your password for my Local Account, the screen comes up that more updates need to be installed and that process continues then...
  8. New Build, Win 10 64 Shutdown and Restart Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Build, Win 10 64 Shutdown and Restart Issues: Hi all, recently built a new rig. Sadly I'm getting slow/broken restarts and shutdowns. I've checked and double checked the power/reset wiring to the motherboard and that appears to be fine. I've attached a few DMP files if someone could take a look and give me some...
  9. FCU 1709 issue coming up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FCU 1709 issue coming up: I have noticed that programs that use Runtime 1.0 and 2.0 and 3.0 and maybe 4.5 will not run on the new OS I'm getting request to install runtime 4.5 because it contains 1,2,3, however windows report it can not install 4.5 because its part of the OS already. For those of us...
  10. Win 10 CU (not FCU) stutters and freezes a lot with various operations

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 CU (not FCU) stutters and freezes a lot with various operations: I get momentary freezes and stuttering with a range of Windows menu operations. *sarc These are the ones that are top of mind but I'm sure there are others. Win 10 Pro 64, up to date on patches. Xing out a FireFox tab Click on FILE menu (drop down is delayed) FILE >...