Windows 10: Win 10 File Explorer: Works on one account but not the other

Discus and support Win 10 File Explorer: Works on one account but not the other in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, This probably isn't specific to Windows 10, but it just started happening after upgrading to 10 yesterday. The basics: - Two accounts on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jsmith24, Jul 29, 2015.

1. jsmith24 Win User

Win 10 File Explorer: Works on one account but not the other

Hi all,

This probably isn't specific to Windows 10, but it just started happening after upgrading to 10 yesterday. The basics:

- Two accounts on system, both administrator level.
    - Everything worked fine on both immediately after install/upgrade.
    - At some point on one account, File Explorer stopped working properly. If I run explorer.exe or go to "This PC", works fine. If I click File Explorer from the Start button, the little wheel spins for a few seconds, then the screen blinks, icons reload, and nothing happens. The same thing happens with Windows key+E.

I did manage to unpin the File Explorer from the task bar and repin it from the Windows directory, and it seems to work fine there, but I can't get Windows-E or the link on the Start menu to work.

Is there a way to reset this? I've already tried a System Restore with no luck.

Thanks,

Jack

:)

jsmith24, Jul 29, 2015

2. Password works on one machine but not on the other

I have 2 machines one running windows 10 the other windows 8. The one running windows 10 ran fine until I started updating the other from 8 to windows 10. Now the other machine keeps saying the password is incorrect even though i can use the same password
    to login to the same Microsoft account on all my other devices. What can i do to fix this?

oorvaskcooper, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Password works on one machine but not on the other

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

To make sure I understand, you are facing the issue with the computer which just got upgraded to Windows 10, is that right?

If so, I would suggest you to try the steps given by Wasim A in the link below and check if it helps;

Click Here

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need furher assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 File Explorer: Works on one account but not the other

1. Win 10 File Explorer: Works on one account but not the other - Similar Threads - File Explorer Works

2. Unable to open file explorer on other accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open file explorer on other accounts in Windows 10: I'm able to open file explorer on my main account, but trying to oepn it on another account on the same PC if Win key + E is pressed will cause: Explorer.exe Windows cannot find 'null'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. Alternatively if you press the...
  3. Unable to open file explorer on other accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open file explorer on other accounts in Windows 10: I'm able to open file explorer on my main account, but trying to oepn it on another account on the same PC if Win key + E is pressed will cause: Explorer.exe Windows cannot find 'null'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. Alternatively if you press the...
  4. Unable to open file explorer on other accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 - File Explorer

Win 10 - File Explorer: Is it possible to always have column headings in File Explorer regardless of view mode? I sometimes like to sort my large file icons by date modified or size etc ... without having to do multiple sorting. Thanks....
  6. Win 10 - File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 - File Explorer: Is it possible to always have column headings in File Explorer regardless of view mode? I sometimes like to sort my large file icons by date modified or size etc ... without having to do multiple sorting. Thanks....
  7. Win 10 - File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Game works on one windows account but not the other

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game works on one windows account but not the other: As the title says, a game I have on origin will work not work on my main windows account, but if I switch to a guest it then starts working. Any ideas?...
  9. Win 10 Explorer, One Drive business problem files will not open

Win 10 Explorer, One Drive business problem files will not open: Hi, we have a problem with Onedrive Business in Windows 10. When opening files direct from the Explorer Window the timeglas is shown the the file does not open at all it just times out file show as syncronised. Though when opening the same file directly from a program it...
  10. Under Win 10, file explorer stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Under Win 10, file explorer stopped working: The file explorer stopped working. I tried to start the sfc /scannow utility, however the dos cmd prompt for admin does not come up. I tried a regular dos command, but apparently does not have admin privileges. My computer account has admin privileges. Any advise? 18876

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 file explorer works with one user but not another