Windows 10: Win 10 File Sharing Not working after 17134 update

Discus and support Win 10 File Sharing Not working after 17134 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've got a mixed network - a few Win 10 machines and a few Linux Mint 18.x machines. Ten machines in all. File sharing has been working fine, for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Windy Gamer, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Win 10 File Sharing Not working after 17134 update

I've got a mixed network - a few Win 10 machines and a few Linux Mint 18.x machines. Ten machines in all.
    File sharing has been working fine, for the most part.

After the recent update, some of the Win10 systems can't see any of the other computers, but there is something odd.

Some of the Linux systems can see the Win10 system with no problem. For example, I copy Images from a Windows 10 machine to a Small linux box that acts as a Picture frame with a 32" monitor. No problem. This continues to work as it has for a long time. Drive shared read-only from Win 10 system. Reach over from Linux box to get images. Still works after 17134 update on Win 10.

But this same Win 10 machine only sees itself. It can't even see - using the file browser - the machine that can see it, even right after the Linux machine copied files from it.

And another thing. A Linux machine that is mostly off the net could not see any of the Win 10 machines. But it could see the Linux machines. I found this,

[SOLVED] Error connecting windows share (SMB, UFW kernel 4.8) - Linux Mint Forums

and applied the fix to the linux box mentioned at the end of this post. And voila. It can see the win 10 boxes. But this same win 10 system mentioned above cannot see it.

So do we know that Win 10 SMB is basically broken. Not only for Linux, but also for Win 10 itself?
    Anybody know a fix that does not involve renaming all the computers? That is nonsense and I will carry thumb drives before I change all the names of my 10 computers. Win 10 will eventually make this work with the same computer names.

BTW, I have not "Joined any HOMEGROUPS" or whatever that bad idea was called now that it's out of the system. And all my machines are on the WORKGROUP network.

Thanks so much,
    wg

:)

Windy Gamer, Jun 1, 2018

2. Win 10 File Sharing Not working after 17134 update

I've got a mixed network - a few Win 10 machines and a few Linux Mint 18.x machines. Ten machines in all.
    File sharing has been working fine, for the most part.

After the recent update, some of the Win10 systems can't see any of the other computers, but there is something odd.

Some of the Linux systems can see the Win10 system with no problem. For example, I copy Images from a Windows 10 machine to a Small linux box that acts as a Picture frame with a 32" monitor. No problem. This continues to work as it has for a long time. Drive shared read-only from Win 10 system. Reach over from Linux box to get images. Still works after 17134 update on Win 10.

But this same Win 10 machine only sees itself. It can't even see - using the file browser - the machine that can see it, even right after the Linux machine copied files from it.

And another thing. A Linux machine that is mostly off the net could not see any of the Win 10 machines. But it could see the Linux machines. I found this,

[SOLVED] Error connecting windows share (SMB, UFW kernel 4.8) - Linux Mint Forums

and applied the fix to the linux box mentioned at the end of this post. And voila. It can see the win 10 boxes. But this same win 10 system mentioned above cannot see it.

So do we know that Win 10 SMB is basically broken. Not only for Linux, but also for Win 10 itself?
    Anybody know a fix that does not involve renaming all the computers? That is nonsense and I will carry thumb drives before I change all the names of my 10 computers. Win 10 will eventually make this work with the same computer names.

BTW, I have not "Joined any HOMEGROUPS" or whatever that bad idea was called now that it's out of the system. And all my machines are on the WORKGROUP network.

Thanks so much,
    wg

Windy Gamer, Jun 25, 2018
  3. Win 10 File Sharing Not working after 17134 update

Yep... Those services were part of it... Sigh... Discovery Publication was stopped. duh.

Also the SMB 1 client was off and things showed up, including other Windows 10 machines, when I turned on the SMB 1.0 client.
    I thought SMB 1 was deprecated, but apparently not.
    More checking to do, but things appear to be working a lot better now.

Here are some relevant screen shots for how to turn things on:

Fix File Sharing on Windows 10 after 17134 Update - Album on Imgur

Thanks,
    wg

Windy Gamer, Jun 25, 2018
  4. jppa320 Win User

Win 10 File Sharing Not working after 17134 update

I have similar problems with my 4 computers:
    3 of them are under W10-64 version 17134
    the last one has not been update to 17134 yet (stil in 16xxx)
    When I open Network with the file explorer, I see the icons of the other computers where I have shared directoiries and I also see the icon for my internet box.
    However, on the 2 first computer I am only able to open my own icon and the box. The 3 other computers are seen but when I click on them I get an error message (Windows cannot access \\xxx error x8077035)
    on the 3rd computer, in addition I can access the 4th computer an reciprocally.
    I have done all what is suggested in this forum and other forums to solve this problem but nothing wotks.
    I change the function do discover publication service ressources to automatic.
    I tried to change the name of one computer (both name in system folder and network name in internet folder)
    I set SMB1 to automatic (both client and server)
    I tried to restart network connection
    Nothing works.

Can you help me, please, since I cannot send any data from my development machine to my real-time machines.

Thank you in advance

jppa320, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 File Sharing Not working after 17134 update - Similar Threads - File Sharing working

2. Prtoblem with File sharing Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prtoblem with File sharing Win 10: I have a laptop and a PC. Both running Win 10 2004 Laptop can see and read PC but whilst the PC can sometimes see the laptop it cannot read the files. Both devices have file sharing enabled and all the set ups the same. They are both running Local Administrator accounts....
  3. File Sharing after Windows 10 2004 update

File Sharing after Windows 10 2004 update: My Windows 10 desktop was recently updated to version 2004 OS build 19041. Since then the desktop and my Windows 10 laptop which has not been updated to version 2004 have been unable to share files over my wifi network as before. I've tried re-setting up the file sharing as...
  4. File Sharing not working after Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Sharing not working after Update: Hello, I've been experiencing some Fire Sharing issues ever since updating all three computers. Computer A should be able to see files from Computer B and Computer C Computer B should be able to see files from Computer C Computer C shouldn't be able to see any files...
  5. File Sharing in Win 10

File Sharing in Win 10: Where is the "HOMEGROUP" in Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-sharing-in-win-10/eb10f3d9-7b04-4f52-b8c3-8d5846c793a4
  6. Win 10 File Sharing

Win 10 File Sharing: Have a new Win 10 desktop that does not accept files on the Network. Cannot Copy a file from a Win 10 laptop to the C:\Users\Public Folder on the new Win 10 desktop. In Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings: Public Folder...
  7. File Sharing is Not working after Latest windows Update why ?

File Sharing is Not working after Latest windows Update why ?: I have a Shared folder on my PC Server which is running windows 10 pro after I Installed the latest windows updates my Server Is not appearing at all in my Home Network Like when I go the Network from my gaming PC my Server is Not appearing there I checked these settings on...
  8. Win 10 file sharing issues

Win 10 file sharing issues: Latest Win 10 file sharing between PCs on same LAN is a dissaster. One has 50% chance after booting PCs that files can be shared. Win 10 file sharing diagnostics and error codes are totally meaningless and useless for a non technical user. The old Group function used to...
  9. File sharing with Win 10

File sharing with Win 10: Just installed a new laptop on my network. The computers can't all see each other or share folders/ files/ drives. From Explorer, I have right-clicked on the C: drive, and given access to Everyone with Read/Write permission. What is wrong? There are 3 computers on the...
  10. Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing

Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing: I have one Windows 7 computer on my network that shares a license to the other windows 10 computers. I have been over everything ensuring that share options on both ends are correct. Most of the time all the computers can connect and use the license after the Win 10 PC gets...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after windows 10 update shared printer can not be acessed