Windows 10: Win 10 firewall, why can I not delete/disable windows apps as admin ?

Discus and support Win 10 firewall, why can I not delete/disable windows apps as admin ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Forum. I thought I was safe by managing the windows firewall and changing all apps to only use private network and under advanced settings... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pema, Sep 29, 2017.

1. pema Win User

Win 10 firewall, why can I not delete/disable windows apps as admin ?

Dear Forum.
    I thought I was safe by managing the windows firewall and changing all apps to only use private network and under advanced settings deactivate EVERYTHING and create my own rules for opera web browser and clamwin, nothing else is allowed pass through the firewall. Of course all windows updates was shut off.

Computer has been working perfect for more than two years when somehow windows update succeeded installing an update messing up my computer. Computer is slowly restored to prevoius state but now I find the Bing, HP printer and Microsoft office viruses has opened up rules in my firewall without notifying me. Iam allowed as admin changing these apps using private or guest network but thats all, I want to remove them but remove button is greyed out allthough checkbox ticked and admin rights.

Instead of surpressing the plague I want to remove these apps fully for security. For some strange reason Iam NOT allowed removing these entries in the firewall applist so perhaps it is possible removing via linux or registry hacking ?

If anyone can tip me how windows update managed downloading an update allthough windows update was disabled Im thankful for tips closing that possibility. As long as my computer is working I do not update and the clamwin handles all viruses, as clamwin is non-profit open source there is no interest targeting new viruses for my anti-virus selling new subscriptions as with fraud softwares such as AVG, McAffee etc.

:)

2. Windows 10 apps (Photos, Calculator etc) wont launch

Check if you have the windows firewall disabled, set it to automatic and start it and check the store, calculator etc is working. We disable the windows firewall as a practice as it usually causes issues, but on Win 10 if disabled, it causes weird issues.
    Had laptops where the start button would stop working, enabled the windows firewall and it started working immediately.

Coolnickster, Sep 29, 2017
  3. 5800 v50 keeps downloading..!!! no end...!!

Here you go:

Apparently, disable both Symantec(Norton) and Win Firewall, then the PC must be connected directly to the internet, no LAN network behind the firewall. Do it on the server I guess, and in admin account.

chanchan05, Sep 29, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

That depends how you disabled it and perhaps what has happened subsequently.

For example, if you set your connections to metered, MS stated they might override that for 'critical' updates.

I could not recommend disabling updates as a strategy, unless you know your computer is incapable of being updated in some respect - esp. drivers in some cases- for compatibility reasons.

I make no comment on other matters.

dalchina, Sep 29, 2017
  5. I "cripple" Windows update by disabling network services like "Network List Service". Windows will fail to check for updates and that is the end of it. Note, that this service is needed to manage network connections.

TairikuOkami, Sep 30, 2017
  6. pema Win User
    Win update is disabled via administration tools/services/windows update/properties, disable.
    As a "metered connection" not is guaranteeing updates is avoided I continue searching.

Im seeing my computer as a tool equal to a hammer or a screwdriver. The tool must be in a known state for fullfilling its duty to best efficiency when needed. Any changes to the state of the tool impair the usage of the tool. I will never let my hammer decide which nails will be hammered and which not, such a hammer is immediately disposed. My backup system has been working flawless for several years but now reality struck me in the latest KB sent out 2017-09-25.

Please do. Im always on the lookout for better ideas than my capabilities.

If someone knows where in the system the actual update script is located I could swiflty rename via linux as with the bootup viruses in win xp in the good ol days =0) Kindly, .

pema, Oct 1, 2017
  7. pema Win User
    How may that affect my network connections that is needed ? Will this impair my possibility connecting the windows 10 installation to guest networks at clients ?

Kindly .

pema, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 firewall, why can I not delete/disable windows apps as admin ? - Similar Threads - firewall why delete

2. How can I disable Firewall protection in Window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable Firewall protection in Window 10: How can I disable Firewall protection in Window 10?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-firewall-protection-in-window-10/780690c9-54a2-414d-973f-a1967f1123aa
  3. How can I disable Firewall protection in Window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I disable Firewall protection in Window 10: How can I disable Firewall protection in Window 10?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-firewall-protection-in-window-10/780690c9-54a2-414d-973f-a1967f1123aa
  4. Firewall disabled

Firewall disabled: I recently uninstalled the Norton 360 AV suite I'd been using for a couple of years in favor of another AV software. I soon get a notification from Windows security that the firewall services are inactive. I checked and saw that both Windows firewall and the new AV firewall...
  5. Can I temporarily disable firewalls for a few minutes?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I temporarily disable firewalls for a few minutes?: What are the risks that I will be exposed to if I immediately enable the firewalls after disabling it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-temporarily-disable-firewalls-for-a-few/438bbab0-913c-4666-83e2-119642116a20
  6. Firewall settings for deleted windows apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firewall settings for deleted windows apps: I'm not good with firewalls so this could be stupid question but.. I deleted or disabled some windows packages or services but firewall rule is still active in windows firewall. I would like to know if it's better to block connection or to disable the rule?? What is the...
  7. Win 10 Firewall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Firewall: Just want some clarification regarding win 10 firewall, public, domain and private. Do all three need to be turned "on" or can we just disable everything except private, or does it not even matter? Only reason I ask is lately I noticed some bad latency in games going from...
  8. Can I delete or disable the photos app?

Can I delete or disable the photos app?: I would like to delete or disable the photos app because it is totally useless. I want to look at my pictures from all my pictures folders. If I delete or disable the photos app, I assume I won't lose any pictures. I can't stand this ridiculous app preparing albums for me....
  9. Windows 10 Firewall got disabled and apps are being deleted including xbox games.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Firewall got disabled and apps are being deleted including xbox games.: I can't redownload the apps as firewall is disabled and the i cant enable firewall either. it happened like 4 weeks ago since then i've been looking for the solution for this but couldnt find any clear answer. i've already tried to enable firewall on the service section but...
  10. Windows Firewall needs to be disabled for app to work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall needs to be disabled for app to work: Hi All I am attempting to diagnose an issue when joining a meeting for PersonalVMR.com - on a domain joined laptop. The meeting starts, but Video in and Out are not transmitted. I have added Windows Firewall rules for ALL ports, on Any protocol, for Any application for...