Windows 10: WIN 10 Firewall will not start after install of Ad-Aware Pro

Discus and support WIN 10 Firewall will not start after install of Ad-Aware Pro in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; First, I upgraded from 7 to 10 (no problems) and all worked with the exception of Ad-Aware Pro (AA). Win10 disabled AA ( no problem). I can't tell you... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnM72, Feb 1, 2016.

1. JohnM72 Win User

WIN 10 Firewall will not start after install of Ad-Aware Pro

First, I upgraded from 7 to 10 (no problems) and all worked with the exception of Ad-Aware Pro (AA). Win10 disabled AA ( no problem). I can't tell you how many times I uninstalled/re-installed AA trying to get it to work. I have had numerous contacts with AA support and the AA forum, still nothing*Sad. I have always used Win firewall. I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket. When I try to turn on win firewall from the Control Panel iI get the message 'Security & Maintenance cannot turn on Win Firewall'. When I try to turn it on manually, nothing happens.*Zip

Right now I can live without AA. I can use Win Defender and Win Firewall, if it would work. I can wait for AA to figure out what is wrong with AA, I mean they only had 5/6 months to figure it out!*Biggrin

I am not sure how to correct the Win firewall issue.

John

:)

JohnM72, Feb 1, 2016
  2. J. B.M Win User

Bluetooth AVRCP not working in Windows 10 Pro !

Hi GB,

I have had a couple problems after my last email that resulted in Windows Firewall being permanently turned off, amongst others. I decided to do a repair install, as was with XP, with Win 10 running I inserted the DVD and ran it as an upgrade
    - Win 10 Pro to Win 10 Pro keeping all my files and settings in a custom upgrade.

When the install process finished I had a fully functioning Window 10 again. One of the added benefits is that
    AVRCP now works with WMP 12 as it should, same software and same setup. When I installed Win 10 I did it as a clean install so unlike all the Upgraders I did not have a functioning Bluetooth I was upgrading
    over. My Win 10 had this problem from install: WMP itself seemed to cause some problems with initial connection of Bluetooth if Bluetooth started after WMP.

My Laptop is a Dell with a WiFi Card using Broadcom drivers.

J. B.M, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Leifer72 Win User
    "Critical Process died" and it keeps rebooting after upgrade from Win 7.1to 10.

Also having this problem when Ad Aware 11 was installed, seems to have gone away when Ad-Aware uninstalled Win 10 64bit, Lenovo X201 laptop

Leifer72, Feb 1, 2016
  4. JohnM72 Win User

Well my long weekly nightmare is over. Ad-Aware(AA) spent a lot of time rummaging thru my laptop but after a number of hours (and I mean lots of hours*Eek) the tech manage to correct the anomaly which prevented AA and MS firewall & defender from running. I believe there was a lot of conversation going on in Sweden. The short of it is there were some 'engines' left over which required some large hammers to remove them.
    I have been running AA for a number of years and for the most part I like the product(s). I think with the advent of Vista onward AA software (as well as other vendors software) became more susceptible to let say, anomalies which strained the development effort.
    I use REVO Uninstaller Pro to both remove and install software. AA insists on using the uninstall process in the 'Program and Features' within MS. They contend that their uninstaller will take care of the removal ot the software and that other uninstallers do not understand their environment. As I understand, REVO invokes the product uninstaller (as does 'Program and Features' within MS) but then scans for remnants. Even without REVO I have observed an excessive amount of programs, directories, and registry entries remaining. I recognize that it may be an issue to remove process/services while the application is still 'active' and there are constraints on the registry, but there are still workarounds.
    My issue is that when I decide to remove an application I want it removed and all the entries that were installed with it!. I find it interesting that an install of an application can't log all the entries that it generates.Then when it comes time to uninstall, for whatever reason, all remnants should be removed.
    It is painfully obvious to me that regression testing is not part of the product development/improvement cycle.

On to Office 365 (with a number of system backup/restores).

John

JohnM72, Feb 4, 2016
Thema:

1. WIN 10 Firewall will not start after install of Ad-Aware Pro - Similar Threads - Firewall start install

2. D:\ is not accessible after win 10 pro install

in Windows 10 Support
    D:\ is not accessible after win 10 pro install: Hi I just did a clean install of win10 pro 64 and D: drive is not accessible. D: is a partition on my operating system disk. Now I know that I can go to properties/advanced and give myself permissions to access drive D: What I want to know is why windows doesn`t give me...
  3. Win 10 Pro upgrade started to install but stopped

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Pro upgrade started to install but stopped: Split from this thread.I bought win10 pro upgrade at the MS store, it started to install and gave an error.Now there is no pro key to enter, yet shows I bought the upgrade.Help appreciated to resolve.Thanks,...
  4. Upgrade to Pro after Win 10 Install which installed Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Pro after Win 10 Install which installed Home: After buying a full-price purple box WIndows 10 Pro Full Version and installing from USB 3.0 KEY it installed Win 10 Home without asking for a Product Key. I have a Product Key card indicating it is a "Windows 10 Pro Product Key". If I go to activation and use Switch...
  5. Adding firewall rules

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding firewall rules: I am trying to get Windows 10 mail app to work, going through the firewall, using "Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control" . I have gotten instructions from the program maker to do this: Problem: Windows Mail can't synchronize folders: This applies to Windows 10 while Medium...
  6. Install Win 10 on added laptop SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Win 10 on added laptop SSD: I installed an SSD drive in place of my optical drive on my laptop. I wish to use this drive as boot drive. I have tried using windows media media creation tool, which recognized the new drive, to install windows 10 and it goes through the whole thing and then says my...
  7. Win 10 Firewall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Firewall: Just want some clarification regarding win 10 firewall, public, domain and private. Do all three need to be turned "on" or can we just disable everything except private, or does it not even matter? Only reason I ask is lately I noticed some bad latency in games going from...
  8. Unable to start Windows Firewall service in Win 10 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to start Windows Firewall service in Win 10 1909: Hi, I have a problem with start Windows firewall service mpssvc. I have all options greyed in services.msc screen included. I have no GPOs active, I looked in registry, I tried to start service via cmd, and also reinstall service, but still without success. screens from cmd...
  9. Slow start after installing Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow start after installing Win 10 Home: I recently upgraded to Win 10 Home and now my computer start up is very slow. Anyone have any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-start-after-installing-win-10-home/36dea63c-f11a-4311-8935-0c638507d7c4
  10. How to turn on firewall Win 10 Pro 64bit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to turn on firewall Win 10 Pro 64bit: Been using Bitdefender Firewall for years...but I need to disable Bitdefender and re-enable Windows firewall. Bitdefender FW disabled but can't get Windows FW to enable Can not find suggestion that works to turn Windows 10 Pro firewall back on ? Thanks...TiminAz 68143