Windows 10: Win 10 Freezing. Have you tried this?

Discus and support Win 10 Freezing. Have you tried this? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Win 10 upgraded on top of Win 7, running Sea Monkey browser - variant of Mozilla In your browser, try using "Stealth", "Incognito", or... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by chuckiechan, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Win 10 Freezing. Have you tried this?

I have Win 10 upgraded on top of Win 7, running Sea Monkey browser - variant of Mozilla

In your browser, try using "Stealth", "Incognito", or "Private Browsing Window", etc. If you aren't having freezes with that enabled, it's possible it's cookie related.

I noticed in my case s.yimg.com was showing up in freezes. I had blocked nearly every cookie in my machine. I deleted s.yimg and let it reload itself, and freezes are now a rarity. I suspect in my case freezes were caused by a particularly aggressive cookie policy and certain sites stalled because the cookie was disabled.

My suggestion is to experiment with your blocked cookies.

Given the millions of threads on this subject, I though I'd throw in one more that worked for me.

G'luk.

:)

chuckiechan, Mar 2, 2017

2. windows 10 upgrade stuck at "getting devices ready 3%"

I have Win 7 and was notified that I could upgrade to Win 10. I have tried to install it a number of times and keep getting stuck at a screen that says "getting devices ready 3%". It freezes there for hours.

billyfargo, Mar 2, 2017
  3. HopefulB2 Win User
    Freezes Win 10

I bought a Win 10 Home in Dec 2016. Had a bit of trouble replacing my XP version. Got help from Microsoft. Win 10 now on PC but every now and again just freezes. Have to reboot. Annoying! Have tried a number of the suggestions but nothing seems to work.
    What now.

HopefulB2, Mar 2, 2017
Thema:

Win 10 Freezing. Have you tried this?

1. Win 10 Freezing. Have you tried this? - Similar Threads - Freezing tried

2. My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...: When I launch applications like Discord or Steam, they will cause both of my monitors to go black and my computer to briefly freeze before finally opening. And when I try to launch some videogames, like Fortnite, Overwatch 2, or Red Dead Redemption 2 it will do the same...
  3. My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...: When I launch applications like Discord or Steam, they will cause both of my monitors to go black and my computer to briefly freeze before finally opening. And when I try to launch some videogames, like Fortnite, Overwatch 2, or Red Dead Redemption 2 it will do the same...
  4. why is my pc freezing anytime i try to play a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my pc freezing anytime i try to play a game?: my pc keeps freezing and sometimes the blue screen with error message pops up then my pc restarts, sometimes its only when i load a game or other times its right when i sign into my pc, how can i fix this issue? ive updated my drivers and other updates have been installed....
  5. why is my pc freezing anytime i try to play a game?

why is my pc freezing anytime i try to play a game?: my pc keeps freezing and sometimes the blue screen with error message pops up then my pc restarts, sometimes its only when i load a game or other times its right when i sign into my pc, how can i fix this issue? ive updated my drivers and other updates have been installed....
  6. My pc is stuck on republic of gamers screen when I try and go into repair it also freezes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is stuck on republic of gamers screen when I try and go into repair it also freezes...: When I turn on my pc desktop it loads to the republic of gamers screen then freezes I tried loads ding into automatic repair and it still freezes...
  7. My pc is stuck on republic of gamers screen when I try and go into repair it also freezes...

My pc is stuck on republic of gamers screen when I try and go into repair it also freezes...: When I turn on my pc desktop it loads to the republic of gamers screen then freezes I tried loads ding into automatic repair and it still freezes...
  8. My pc is stuck on republic of gamers screen when I try and go into repair it also freezes...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. My taskbar freezes/starts loading when I try open up an app, close an app etc.

My taskbar freezes/starts loading when I try open up an app, close an app etc.: My computer has been doing fine until one day it has been running slow, crashing etc. I cannot provide a screenshot as when I try to, it wont let me. I have tried pressing windows key + r to get in the run prompt, but when I write something it closes and my taskbar is frozen....
  10. My taskbar freezes/starts loading when I try open up an app, close an app etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar freezes/starts loading when I try open up an app, close an app etc.: My computer has been doing fine until one day it has been running slow, crashing etc. I cannot provide a screenshot as when I try to, it wont let me. I have tried pressing windows key + r to get in the run prompt, but when I write something it closes and my taskbar is frozen....