Windows 10: Win 10 Freezing. Have you tried this?

Discus and support Win 10 Freezing. Have you tried this? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Win 10 upgraded on top of Win 7, running Sea Monkey browser - variant of Mozilla In your browser, try using "Stealth", "Incognito", or... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by chuckiechan, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Win 10 Freezing. Have you tried this?

I have Win 10 upgraded on top of Win 7, running Sea Monkey browser - variant of Mozilla

In your browser, try using "Stealth", "Incognito", or "Private Browsing Window", etc. If you aren't having freezes with that enabled, it's possible it's cookie related.

I noticed in my case s.yimg.com was showing up in freezes. I had blocked nearly every cookie in my machine. I deleted s.yimg and let it reload itself, and freezes are now a rarity. I suspect in my case freezes were caused by a particularly aggressive cookie policy and certain sites stalled because the cookie was disabled.

My suggestion is to experiment with your blocked cookies.

Given the millions of threads on this subject, I though I'd throw in one more that worked for me.

G'luk.

:)

chuckiechan, Mar 2, 2017

2. windows 10 upgrade stuck at "getting devices ready 3%"

I have Win 7 and was notified that I could upgrade to Win 10. I have tried to install it a number of times and keep getting stuck at a screen that says "getting devices ready 3%". It freezes there for hours.

billyfargo, Mar 2, 2017
  3. HopefulB2 Win User
    Freezes Win 10

I bought a Win 10 Home in Dec 2016. Had a bit of trouble replacing my XP version. Got help from Microsoft. Win 10 now on PC but every now and again just freezes. Have to reboot. Annoying! Have tried a number of the suggestions but nothing seems to work.
    What now.

HopefulB2, Mar 2, 2017
Thema:

Win 10 Freezing. Have you tried this?

1. Win 10 Freezing. Have you tried this? - Similar Threads - Freezing tried

2. pc freezes when i try to reset the network driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freezes when i try to reset the network driver: my wifi connection frequently breaks. While internet, my laptop does not receive internet and says no internet. I tried various ways to resolve it by troubleshooting network, resetting network, adapter reinstall, restart, etc. but all gave me a failure. also, one thing was...
  3. Computer randomly freezes and fans ramp up, even in advanced options menu or while trying...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly freezes and fans ramp up, even in advanced options menu or while trying...: Please help, 4 week old Lenovo yoga 730 15 inch it 8265u with no graphic card. A couple of days ago it started freezing at random times. Sometimes in chrome, sometimes in login, while booting, and even in the advanced repair menu. I dont know what to do because one time I...
  4. Newly build pc keeps freezing when trying to install windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Newly build pc keeps freezing when trying to install windows.: I build a new pc, everything is well in the bios, but when I try to install windows, it freezes, or restarts and then freezes. Sometimes it can fully install windows, but then when it restarts in order to boot from the ssd, it freezes. Sometimes it freezes in the windows...
  5. Wireless mouse pointer freezes for 1 minute on the screen randomly. Tried everything,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless mouse pointer freezes for 1 minute on the screen randomly. Tried everything,...: Hi all, This drives me crazy. My Logitech optical wireless mouse was working for 2 years without any problem. The day before yesterday started to randomly freeze with the arrow visible on the screen, independently of what I am doing. There is no event associated with it in...
  6. Trying to do feature update locks up/freezes entire computer

Trying to do feature update locks up/freezes entire computer: My computer is currently stuck on feature update 1803 since trying to do a feature update for anything above that causes my entire computer to just lock up. I can still move my cursor around, but trying to open or even click anything doesn't work. This tends to happen when...
  7. Trying to install Windows 10 but it freezes before the setup wizard

Trying to install Windows 10 but it freezes before the setup wizard: I just finished building my computer and I am trying to install Windows 10 onto it. I'm using a USB flash drive and I downloaded the ISO using the media creation tool via Microsoft's website and I created the install media using Rufus. When I plug my USB into the computer and...
  8. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition keeps freezing when I try to break blocks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition keeps freezing when I try to break blocks: I have been having this problem for as long as I've played multiplayer. I go onto my friend's world, he's on pocket edition, I'm on PC. And everything works completely right, and nothing goes wrong until I try to break blocks. I start breaking blocks and then my game freezes,...
  9. Windows 10 wont install to a fresh new built PC. The screen freezes when I try to install...

Windows 10 wont install to a fresh new built PC. The screen freezes when I try to install...: I just built a new PC and tried to install windows 10. The computer recognizes the chip. And i get to chose which language i will install Windows in ect, but when i come to installing windows the computer freezes. Is it something wrong with the chip? I have the windows chip....
  10. Properties Window freezes when I try to edit it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties Window freezes when I try to edit it: I tried to edit the properties of my mcafee so I could take ownership and delete it but it froze and I can't edit it now. I've had this problem for a day already. Does anyone know what's happening and how I can fix it?...