Windows 10: Win 10 had a problem so I did a recovery.

Discus and support Win 10 had a problem so I did a recovery. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was sent back to my Windows 7 original OS. I made a back up DVD. Now I need to access the backup files but can't. I figured I could reinstall my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by irishman1952, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Win 10 had a problem so I did a recovery.

I was sent back to my Windows 7 original OS. I made a back up DVD. Now I need to access the backup files but can't. I figured I could reinstall my Windows 10 upgrade and access the files. I can't find out how to reinstall Win 10. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

irishman1952, Aug 17, 2015

2. I did a recovery on my computer because I had a lot of problems I couldn't solve with the Windows 10 troubleshooters.

How do I fix this in Windows 10?

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I see instructions that will not help me because what they say to change is not there.

MissyChrissy2010, Aug 17, 2015
  3. I did a recovery on my computer because I had a lot of problems I couldn't solve with the Windows 10 troubleshooters.

Hi,

I would suggest you to perform a SFC Scan and check if it helps.

Refer to the following link given below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: While performing SFC Scan I would recommend you to make sure that there are no applications or programs running on the back ground.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Looey Win User

Win 10 had a problem so I did a recovery.

Did you make an image backup of Windows 10 before you did the recovery?

Looey, Aug 17, 2015
  5. It asked if I wanted to do a backup and I did. Went to a DVD.

irishman1952, Aug 17, 2015
  6. Looey Win User
    If you did an image backup you should have been given a chance to create a recovery disk to boot from. Did you do that?

Looey, Aug 17, 2015
  7. WhyMe Win User
    To restore your computer from backup:
    • Reboot your computer via your Windows 10 installation media.
    • During the Windows Setup, click Next, then click the Repair your computer link in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and then click Advanced options
    • Select System Image Recovery.
    • Select the target operating system you want to recover
    • Click Next and Finish.

Edit: If you have not already done so, you will need to use the MS Media Creation Tool to create the necessary installation media. Instructions are in the link below:
    How to Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

WhyMe, Aug 17, 2015
  8. Win 10 had a problem so I did a recovery.

Since you've already upgrade to Win 10, if you like you can do a clean install with the in-place upgrade after installing from the backup, if there are issues with the backup that need to be fixed.

fracking4oil, Aug 17, 2015
  9. ldav2k9 Win User
    --

Windows 10 will not create a repair disk-fails with error 0x80070057. In a chat with MS support, I was told that the image disk is bootable and no repair disk is needed. I don,t believe it. Is this true?

ldav2k9, Aug 17, 2015
  10. Looey Win User
    When I create an image backup on Windows 10 I am asked if I want to created a bootable disk to restore the backup with. If you can't boot then you would need a bootable disk. In Windows 8.1 you could boot from the installation disk and do a repair from there.

Looey, Aug 17, 2015
  11. Same in Win 10...

fracking4oil, Aug 18, 2015
  12. ldav2k9 Win User
    I received my windows 10 as a free upgrade to 8.1 so I don't have an installation disk. I guess that to find a bootable capable disk, I am going to have to go outside Microsoft and Windows. I hate to do that because they are always full of malware and unwanted crap apps. I do have a disk with bootable DOS on it (believe it or not), maybe that will work if the image disk has a setup file

ADDED: Please understand that Windows 10 will not create a bootable repair disk--I fails with error0x80070057--this is what started this thread originaly

ldav2k9, Aug 18, 2015
  13. Win 10 had a problem so I did a recovery.

You don't need one if you can get back to Win 10. Follow step 4 in the How to Do a Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade tutoral. Or step 5 if you have and can make a USB install media.

fracking4oil, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 had a problem so I did a recovery.

1. Win 10 had a problem so I did a recovery. - Similar Threads - problem did recovery

2. did i win?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    did i win?: did i the surface 9 pro they sent me a gmail saying "You're in - Good luck! " will i get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-i-win/d2fd1635-773f-4152-bcf4-6519454a9eec
  3. did i win?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    did i win?: did i the surface 9 pro they sent me a gmail saying "You're in - Good luck! " will i get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-i-win/d2fd1635-773f-4152-bcf4-6519454a9eec
  4. I did a Win 11 Recovery but now it's saying pages are limited by IT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did a Win 11 Recovery but now it's saying pages are limited by IT: I'm pretty familiar with Windows having started with 95. I did a Win 11 recovery on this laptop and all went well. Now when I try to do a Quick Scan with Defender, and I'm finding other places I usually access, it says access is limited by an IT? When I go to Accounts I'm...
  5. I did a Win 11 Recovery but now it's saying pages are limited by IT

I did a Win 11 Recovery but now it's saying pages are limited by IT: I'm pretty familiar with Windows having started with 95. I did a Win 11 recovery on this laptop and all went well. Now when I try to do a Quick Scan with Defender, and I'm finding other places I usually access, it says access is limited by an IT? When I go to Accounts I'm...
  6. My Microsoft Store Was Facing Some Problems So I Did A Reset But After I Did It,

My Microsoft Store Was Facing Some Problems So I Did A Reset But After I Did It,: My Microsoft Store Was Facing Some Problems So I Did A Reset But After I Did It, It Disappered From The "Apps And Features" And When I Tried To Open It From Start It Didn't Open. Yes Troubleshooting isn't working....
  7. Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk: Win 10 OS, was updating OS and system rebooted and froze during boot up. Tried Cnt/Alt/Del to shut down system, no success. Finally had to just shut PC off. Now it won't boot up. since I've had this system for several years, I cannot find my recovery thumbdrive most likely...
  8. Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk

Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk: Win 10 OS, was updating OS and system rebooted and froze during boot up. Tried Cnt/Alt/Del to shut down system, no success. Finally had to just shut PC off. Now it won't boot up. since I've had this system for several years, I cannot find my recovery thumbdrive most likely...
  9. Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. So... Lately I have had 2 incredibly annoying problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So... Lately I have had 2 incredibly annoying problems: One of them is when I right-click on the desktop screen, my computer crashes and reloads... But then the taskbar becomes broken. When this happens, apps on taskbars don't show, I cant search, click on wifi or tablet mode, and even the windows key does not work. My second...