Windows 10: Win 10 home 64 bit command line Sleep command

Discus and support Win 10 home 64 bit command line Sleep command in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I use the power icon and thenclick sleep my backup software will wake up my computer and backup run myschedule. If I use any of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JimO, Feb 5, 2017.

1. JimO Win User

Win 10 home 64 bit command line Sleep command

If I use the power icon and thenclick sleep my backup software will wake up my computer and backup run myschedule.
    If I use any of the followingcommand lines, the software cannot wake my computer, I have ran “powercfg/h /off” at C:\windows\system32 in Powershell as administrator
    Does anyone know of a bettercommand to put the computer to sleep?
    %windir%\System32\rundll32.exepowrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Standby
    %windir%\System32\rundll32.exepowrprof.dll, SetSuspendState Standby
    C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exePowrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Sleep 0,1,0
    C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe Powrprof.dll, SetSuspendStateSleep 0,1,0
    Doyou know of a better command to put the computer to sleep

I downloaded psshutdown
    C:\Windows\psshutdown.exe -d -t xx xx= number of sec till sleep

:)

JimO, Feb 5, 2017

2. UNABLE TO RUN "SECPOL.MSC" COMMAND IN WINDOWS 10 HOME SINGLE LANGUAGE 64 BIT OPERATING SYSTEM

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are using “Windows 10 Home Single Language 64” Bit original operating system. As you know that there is one command (secpol.msc) we use for time locking or time changing. But the problem is when we using this command in” windows 7” operating system
    it is working, but when we using this command in “windows 10 Home Single Language 64 Bit” it is not working. On the other hand this command working in “windows 10 Pro”. Our problem is, it is not working in “Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 Bit” operating
    system. We required that command on “Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 Bit” operating system.

So, please help me about that problem and give solutions for the same.

SarthakGhosh1, Feb 5, 2017
  3. Windows 7 64-bit upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit

The upgrade will do like for like:

Win 7 Home to Win 10 Home

Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Win 7 64 bit to Win 10 64 Bit...

Gordon B-P, Feb 5, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

The first one simply turns Hibernation off, disables Fast Startup, and deletes the system file hiberfil.sys. I'm not aware of connection with Sleep or waking up on a trigger. I have these settings, as stated, on my machine, and I can still put it to sleep and wake it up. I'm not familiar with the last four at all, although sleep states are usually (I think) set in the BIOS. Whatever is set there is available in the OS. S0-S4, I think. Maybe S5.

A little more info here: NO Hibernation just SLEEP

Also, you might want to check your advanced power plan settings to see if you have enabled wake timers.

Win 10 home 64 bit  command line Sleep command [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Feb 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Win 10 home 64 bit command line Sleep command - Similar Threads - home bit command

2. Most useful commands for PowerCFG command line

in Windows 10 News
    Most useful commands for PowerCFG command line: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Power Configuration or powercfg.exe is a command-line tool in Windows which allows you to configure power system settings. It is especially useful for laptops which run on battery and will enable you to configure hardware-specific configurations which are...
  3. command line syntax question

in Windows 10 Support
    command line syntax question: Hi: I have this line in C code: wsprintf(buf, L"/C ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 && "NOTEPAD.EXE" " ); ExecWin(L"cmd.exe", buf, TRUE ); When it executes, ping runs and NOTEPAD is launched but the command windows stays open until notepad exits. So I tried this code: wsprintf(buf,...
  4. Command Line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line: Hello sir. I am using windows 10 64bit. Earlier the netsat command use to work but it doesnt work now. whenever i try this command it displa an error. C:\>netstat 'netstat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. i have tried...
  5. Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically: I have the following commands which need to be run in the command line: sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled sc.exe stop wuauserv I want to create a file which, when launched, opens the command line, sends the above commands to the command line, and then closes the...
  6. Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line: Welcome to the second post in this "Windows Command-Line" series. In this post we'll discuss some of the background & history behind the Windows Command-Line. Specifically, we’ll explore its humble origins in MS-DOS, to its modern-day incarnation supporting tools like...
  7. Windows Command-Line: Backgrounder

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: Backgrounder: This is the first of a series of posts in which we’ll explore all things command-line – from the origins of the command-line and the evolution of the terminal, to what we’re doing to overhaul and modernize the Windows Console & command-line in future Windows releases. Posts...
  8. Command Line Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Line Questions: [img] Sorry, newbie question here... I'm reading the tutorial Customize Command Prompt Colors, but I still don't understand what the "Popup Colors" are. I've never actually seen them. Is it for command prompts launched by an application? Also, does anyone know of a forum...
  9. Run a scheduled task via command line via command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a scheduled task via command line via command line: i want start a Run a scheduled task via command line like this: Code: %SystemRoot%\system32\taskschd.msc /Run /TN "RegIdleBackup" when i run the cmd in the prompt as admin the shedular task GUI pop up but the task not start. Is there a solution? Is the...
  10. Sleep and hibernate command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep and hibernate command line: How to do them without breaking something? Sleep in my computers are hybrid (desktop) and not hybrid (laptop). Quick boot is off. 94012