Windows 10: Win 10 home 64 bit command line Sleep command

Discus and support Win 10 home 64 bit command line Sleep command in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I use the power icon and thenclick sleep my backup software will wake up my computer and backup run myschedule. If I use any of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JimO, Feb 5, 2017.

1. JimO Win User

Win 10 home 64 bit command line Sleep command

If I use the power icon and thenclick sleep my backup software will wake up my computer and backup run myschedule.
    If I use any of the followingcommand lines, the software cannot wake my computer, I have ran “powercfg/h /off” at C:\windows\system32 in Powershell as administrator
    Does anyone know of a bettercommand to put the computer to sleep?
    %windir%\System32\rundll32.exepowrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Standby
    %windir%\System32\rundll32.exepowrprof.dll, SetSuspendState Standby
    C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exePowrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Sleep 0,1,0
    C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe Powrprof.dll, SetSuspendStateSleep 0,1,0
    Doyou know of a better command to put the computer to sleep

I downloaded psshutdown
    C:\Windows\psshutdown.exe -d -t xx xx= number of sec till sleep

:)

JimO, Feb 5, 2017

2. UNABLE TO RUN "SECPOL.MSC" COMMAND IN WINDOWS 10 HOME SINGLE LANGUAGE 64 BIT OPERATING SYSTEM

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are using “Windows 10 Home Single Language 64” Bit original operating system. As you know that there is one command (secpol.msc) we use for time locking or time changing. But the problem is when we using this command in” windows 7” operating system
    it is working, but when we using this command in “windows 10 Home Single Language 64 Bit” it is not working. On the other hand this command working in “windows 10 Pro”. Our problem is, it is not working in “Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 Bit” operating
    system. We required that command on “Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 Bit” operating system.

So, please help me about that problem and give solutions for the same.

SarthakGhosh1, Feb 5, 2017
  3. Windows 7 64-bit upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit

The upgrade will do like for like:

Win 7 Home to Win 10 Home

Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Win 7 64 bit to Win 10 64 Bit...

Gordon B-P, Feb 5, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

The first one simply turns Hibernation off, disables Fast Startup, and deletes the system file hiberfil.sys. I'm not aware of connection with Sleep or waking up on a trigger. I have these settings, as stated, on my machine, and I can still put it to sleep and wake it up. I'm not familiar with the last four at all, although sleep states are usually (I think) set in the BIOS. Whatever is set there is available in the OS. S0-S4, I think. Maybe S5.

A little more info here: NO Hibernation just SLEEP

Also, you might want to check your advanced power plan settings to see if you have enabled wake timers.

Win 10 home 64 bit  command line Sleep command [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Feb 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Win 10 home 64 bit command line Sleep command - Similar Threads - home bit command

2. win 10 home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 home 64 bit: MY COMPUTER STARTED MESSING UP error: NO BOOT DISK DETECTED OR DISK HAS FAILED THEN I COULD PUT WIN 10 INAND WOULD BOOT DID DIAG ON HARDDRIVE FIRST SAID THAT TEST WASNT IN COMP AND THEN LATER RAN TEST I CANT GET INTO BIOS OR OPEN ANYTHING I HAVE NO DATE FOR BACKING UP I CANT...
  3. win 10 home 64 bit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 home 64 bit: MY COMPUTER STARTED MESSING UP error: NO BOOT DISK DETECTED OR DISK HAS FAILED THEN I COULD PUT WIN 10 INAND WOULD BOOT DID DIAG ON HARDDRIVE FIRST SAID THAT TEST WASNT IN COMP AND THEN LATER RAN TEST I CANT GET INTO BIOS OR OPEN ANYTHING I HAVE NO DATE FOR BACKING UP I CANT...
  4. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  5. Command Line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line: I am attempting to copy and entire directory from one HDD to another, by keep getting an error of "Invalid umber of parameters." The file path to the Directory is as follows: G:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\OLD OS FOLDER The destination folder is C:\OLDOS Can someone PLEASE...
  6. Win 10. Home 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10. Home 64 Bit: Hello, I have connected a 2. HD, Sata 2, 160 GB. When I start Diskmgmt it takes a very, very longtime but ir show the second HD divided in two parts. My question are. 1. How I can mix the two parts to one area of about 160 GB. 2. How I can format this HD. 3. Why it takes so...
  7. Command Line command question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line command question: I created a folder on my computer with a ampersand, name & name2 Recently I needed to access this folder but the ampersand prevented me from accessing using the 'cd' from the root c:\ Would someone be so kind to provide me with the syntax I need? I realize now I should...
  8. Win 10 Home 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home 64 Bit: I wanted to install WIN 10 via Meidcreationtool (inplace). Unfortunately it shows error: WDSCORE.dll not found. 171294
  9. Command Line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Line: My command line shows a different name when im the only user on the pc. submitted by /u/Fuadop [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv4f7i/command_line/
  10. Sleep and hibernate command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep and hibernate command line: How to do them without breaking something? Sleep in my computers are hybrid (desktop) and not hybrid (laptop). Quick boot is off. 94012