Windows 10: Win 10 Home default storage locations

Discus and support Win 10 Home default storage locations in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I started using a new PC with Win10 Home installed. After a couple of days, I received a message saying my OneDrive space was almost full. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hayaain, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Hayaain Win User

Win 10 Home default storage locations

I started using a new PC with Win10 Home installed. After a couple of days, I received a message saying my OneDrive space was almost full. When I looked into this I found the default location for my photos is a OneDrive folder. This was set automatically. When I try to change the default location to my C drive selection from the drop down menu is not accepted and the OneDrive option is selected.

How can I stop OneDrive being used?

Is this behavior specific to the Home edition of Win10?

:)

Hayaain, Nov 11, 2016

2. How to save to local drive with Windows 10?

Just as with Windows 8.1, after Microsoft updates, the default drive switches to OneDrive. I don't ever want to do this. At least win Win 8.1, I could change it back. Now, with Win 10, despite checking System, Storage Locations as C: (for documents,
    music, etc) the documents default to OneDrive! What gives?

PrincetonCharlie, Nov 11, 2016
  3. RG46873 Win User
    change windows phone app storage location (Win 8.1)

I installed Win 8.1 and noticed that the Windows Phone App now stores all photos on the default drive (cWin 10 Home default storage locations :), In Win 8, I had configured the Windows Phone App to store the photos on my drive dedicated to data (dWin 10 Home default storage locations :). The ability to change the storage location
    seems to have gone away and the only option is to either turn on automatic import or turn it off.

Any suggestions on how to change the default storage location?

RG46873, Nov 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Hayaain, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Double check in the tutorials below to see if you may be able to select "This PC" for the storage location of your pictures, and turn off auto save photos and screenshots to OneDrive.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/turn-on-or-off-auto-save-photos-and-videos-to-onedrive-in-windows-10.2266/

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Win 10 Home default storage locations - Similar Threads - Home default storage

2. Location of Live Mail folders in Win 10 Home edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location of Live Mail folders in Win 10 Home edition.: I cannot find where the EML Windows Live Mail folders are stored on my Win 10 Home edition, homebuilt tower computer hard-disk. I read they supposed to be in the AppData\Local\Microsoft\file or at c: \users\default migrated\appdata\local\Microsoft\Widows folder, which was...
  3. Changing default storage locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default storage locations: Every time I download any new music, its stored automatically in the file explorer, C:. when I go to change that default location, it doesn't give ant other option to save anywhere else but drive C:. This is very frustrating as they are then not found in the media player to...
  4. Changing default storage location and reverting back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default storage location and reverting back: Hi, I just got a newly PC installed with Windows 10 Pro. I changed some default locations for storing documents, videos, music etc. to point to another drive instead of C. This is working fine. Then I also changed the default storage location of new applications and...
  5. Win 10 1909 - Taskbar Calendar Events storage Location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 1909 - Taskbar Calendar Events storage Location?: Okay, now when we click on time/date, we can add events, great. And you don't even have to be signed into a Microsoft account, even better. The question is, were is the EVENT FILE being stored on my hard drive, which folder. I noticed the add event stuff on taskbar Calendar...
  6. Windows 10 resets default storage locations to Temp at every reboot

Windows 10 resets default storage locations to Temp at every reboot: I have a Windows 10 laptop. Every time the system is rebooted, it defaults back to a temp set up. All items pinned to the taskbar are no longer there. The default location for Documents, downloads, pictures and desktop reverts to C:\users\Temp. I have changed the locations in...
  7. Microsoft Store 0x80070005 non-default storage location

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store 0x80070005 non-default storage location: Hi. I tried to install a game from Microsoft store in a location other than the default C drive since the size of game is huge. However, I always encountered the error of 0x80070005 and the game won't start to download. Once it did start to download, however, when I resumed...
  8. Win 10 Home default app choices missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Home default app choices missing: Been searching for a simple answer for this but haven't found one. I'm trying to change the default program for opening certain file types. When using the 'default apps' in settings, the programs I would like to use (installed on my computer) are not an option, and selecting...
  9. Changing Default program in Win 10 home

Changing Default program in Win 10 home: When going into setting/apps & features/set default by app; I don't see the installed app that I prefer to use; specifically I want to use AVS4YOU media player to auto-play mp4 files and the like. I cant locate it under programs/default to choose it. I am likely missing...
  10. Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10 How to Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10 [img] Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV...