Windows 10: Win 10 Home High DPC lantency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys

Discus and support Win 10 Home High DPC lantency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a dell XPS 15 9570, and I have big issues with on board and external audio. HW Spec: Dell XPS 15 9570, i7 8750H, 4K screen, 16g ram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by the.rem, Jul 16, 2018.

1. the.rem Win User

Win 10 Home High DPC lantency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys

Hello,

I have a dell XPS 15 9570, and I have big issues with on board and external audio.

HW Spec:

Dell XPS 15 9570, i7 8750H, 4K screen, 16g ram /512g ssd, qualcomm Killer wifi and then intel AC-9260, nVidia 1050 Ti with latest WHQL drivers, bios v1.2.2, all drivers to date as of 2018/15/07

Symptoms:

- audio cracks and pops with system audio when watching videos, listening to mp3/flac, playing games with built-in card,

- audio cracks and pops with external ASIO soundcard (focusrite scarlett 18i8 2nd gen) when running pro DAW software with 256 samples buffer @48Khz or 512 buffer @96Khz

This can damage external speakers and makes the machine unusable for live audio.

What I did:

- I ran LatencyMon and found that TCPIP.sys and ndis.sys were causing 4ms DPC latency spikes, followed by ACPI.sys 2ms and dxgkrnl.sys 1.7 ms

- I swapped the qualcom card for an intel AC-9260 which eliminated totally the TCPIP.sys and ndis.sys spikes

- now ACPI.sys and dxgkrnl.sys are still causing 2ms DPC latency spikes

- audio glitches are still present

- I disabled all peripherals except for keyboard, integrated graphics, trackpad, screen and storage (I disabled wifi, bluetooth, webcam, nvidia graphics, fingerprint reader, ACPI battery manager, cardreader, fall accelerometer, screen touch, etc.)

- ACPI.sys latency is still culminating at 1.7ms and causing audio dropouts with either built-in or external USB asio interface

I've run out of options and am looking for help. (I've opened a support ticket over at dell with my premium support, the ticket was automatically closed a week later without anyone getting in touch with me, and this seems to be an issue with the windows 10 OS, since many many different HW have the same issue, and lots of people who were fine with either win7 or win8.1 started to have the same ACPI.sys issues after installing to windows 10 on the same machine https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ACPI.sys+DPC+latency&t=canonical&atb=v102-3&ia=web).

:)

the.rem, Jul 16, 2018

2. Windows 10 High Dpc Latency

I believe DPC Latency Checker does not support WIN 10. Please try LatencyMon and check.

I had this issue so thought of sharing.

GypsySoul13, Jul 16, 2018
  3. kiss4luna Win User
    Windows 10 High Dpc Latency

Hi guys,

I think I found a solution for high DPC latency in Windows 10.

After some research and monitoring for my own system, the high DPC latency mainly occurs for network components.

And I'm very lucky to find a solution of this for my system while some other issue happens and I'm trying to solve it.

1. It's something related to the Windows 10 Dynamic ticking. I don't know what exactly it is but it's about DPC. And for my case I have to disable it.

Run Command Prompt as Administrator, type the commands below:

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes (no for revert)

Type bcdedit again to check the status.

2. It's also related to the Windows 10 network components. I found a tool that optimize the network for Windows 10 for reducing the DPC lantency.

SpeedGuide.net :: TCP Optimizer / Downloads

Just download the TCP Optimizer and do as it tells. Use the optimal option is fine for my case.

After doing these above, restart your system.

I use LatencyMon to monitor the DPC in Windows 10, Latency Checker will not work correctly after Windows 7 so don't rely on it if you have Windows 8/10.

Resplendence Software - LatencyMon: suitability checker for real-time audio and other tasks

That's all for this.

///////////////////////////////////////////////

And sometimes it may seems like the display driver causes a high DPC latency.

Use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the display driver in safe mode of Windows 10 and then do a refresh install.

Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)

//////////////////////////////////////////////

Oh Sorry for the word "solution". It's not a solution, just an optimization.

This issue I think can only be solved if Microsoft re-write their code for Windows 10 I think. No matter what you do, it may happen after sometimes. And it's always about the network components like ndis.sys. All you can do is get rid of Windows 10 and reinstall
    Windows 7 if that issue hurts pretty bad.

kiss4luna, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Win 10 Home High DPC lantency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys

Crackling sound on Dell XPS 15 win10

My Dell XPS 15 L502X producing crackling sound. I am having Realteck High Definition driver installed. Pl suggest solution.

BRIJESHAGARWAL, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Home High DPC lantency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys

1. Win 10 Home High DPC lantency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys - Similar Threads - Home High DPC

2. Mouse jumping around and freezing on Windows 10 Dell XPS 15 9570

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse jumping around and freezing on Windows 10 Dell XPS 15 9570: I have a Dell XPS 15 9570. IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz. Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. For a few months now I've been dealing with an issue where my mouse cursor jumps around the screen even when I am not providing any input. This makes it basically impossible to use...
  3. Bluetooth connectivity driver issues with Dell XPS 15 9570

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth connectivity driver issues with Dell XPS 15 9570: Hi there, I'm experiencing issues with the bluetooth driver on a Dell XPS 9570. I've attempted the following: uninstalled/reinstalled the driver. downloaded the latest driver and installed it Updated the BIOS to the latest fimeware The issue still perists. The...
  4. Dell XPS 15 9570 + 4K Montior flicker/freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 15 9570 + 4K Montior flicker/freeze: Hello there.I've got an XPS 15 + Dell 2718Q 4K monitor, and I'm really having trouble using them.First. Whenever it wakes up from sleep, or turns on and hdmi/usb type c is connected, it will go black, or freeze and fans will spin up fast. Have to hard reboot it.If I try...
  5. BSOD when running on battery Dell XPS 15 9570

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when running on battery Dell XPS 15 9570: I have had this issue on my Dell XPS 9570 Laptop for a while: my computer randomly crashes : BSOD INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR At some point before my pro-service period expired, I contacted Dell, and after seeing that I had all my drivers updated, I got a tech in my home, that...
  6. ACPI driver causing abnormally high Latency on Dell XPS 15 9570

ACPI driver causing abnormally high Latency on Dell XPS 15 9570: ACPI is causing high DPC latency, concerns over live recording capabilities and live playback. I have uninstalled stock Dell audio drivers and installed RealTek drivers (not sure which ones), this has fixed popping sounds coming from the speakers or headphones. I need to...
  7. Windows 10: Dell XPS 15 9570 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

Windows 10: Dell XPS 15 9570 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>: I can see the camera plain as day, but I don't have access to it when going to the Camera app. When going to Device Manager, no camera drivers are found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-dell-xps-15-9570/b13f5a50-26e4-4c86-98fa-f511198470bc
  8. Dell XPS 15 9570 Windows 10 ACPI.sys DPC Latency issues

Dell XPS 15 9570 Windows 10 ACPI.sys DPC Latency issues: Hello, as the title says i am having trouble with the windows power manager giving me huge latency spikes which render my system useless for real time audio recording, as it causes clicks and pops even on high playback buffer settings. THIS IS A VERY COMMON ISSUE AND IT IS...
  9. ACPI driver causing abnormally high Latency on Dell XPS 15 9570

ACPI driver causing abnormally high Latency on Dell XPS 15 9570: ACPI is causing high DPC latency, concerns over live recording capabilities and live playback. I have uninstalled stock Dell audio drivers and installed RealTek drivers (not sure which ones), this has fixed popping sounds coming from the speakers or headphones. I need to...
  10. Win 10 Home High DPC latency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys

Win 10 Home High DPC latency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys: Hello, I have a dell XPS 15 9570, and I have big issues with on board and external audio. HW Spec: Dell XPS 15 9570, i7 8750H, 4K screen, 16g ram /512g ssd, qualcomm Killer wifi and then intel AC-9260, nVidia 1050 Ti with latest WHQL drivers, bios v1.2.2, all drivers to...
Tags: