Windows 10: Win 10 Home High DPC latency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys

Discus and support Win 10 Home High DPC latency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a dell XPS 15 9570, and I have big issues with on board and external audio. HW Spec: Dell XPS 15 9570, i7 8750H, 4K screen, 16g ram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by the.rem, Jul 16, 2018.

1. the.rem Win User

Win 10 Home High DPC latency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys

Hello,

I have a dell XPS 15 9570, and I have big issues with on board and external audio.

HW Spec:

Dell XPS 15 9570, i7 8750H, 4K screen, 16g ram /512g ssd, qualcomm Killer wifi and then intel AC-9260, nVidia 1050 Ti with latest WHQL drivers, bios v1.2.2, all drivers to date as of 2018/15/07

Symptoms:

- audio cracks and pops with system audio when watching videos, listening to mp3/flac, playing games with built-in card,

- audio cracks and pops with external ASIO soundcard (focusrite scarlett 18i8 2nd gen) when running pro DAW software with 256 samples buffer @48Khz or 512 buffer @96Khz

This can damage external speakers and makes the machine unusable for live audio or even standard multimedia use.

What I did:

- applied all tweaks recommended by my external audio card's manufacturer https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207355205-Optimising-your-PC-for-Audio-on-Windows-10

- ran LatencyMon and found that TCPIP.sys and ndis.sys were causing 4ms DPC latency spikes, followed by ACPI.sys 2ms and dxgkrnl.sys 1.7 ms

- swapped the qualcom card for an intel AC-9260 which eliminated totally the TCPIP.sys and ndis.sys spikes

- now ACPI.sys and dxgkrnl.sys are still causing 2ms DPC latency spikes

- audio glitches are still present

- disabled all peripherals except for keyboard, integrated graphics, trackpad, screen and storage (I disabled wifi, bluetooth, webcam, nvidia graphics, fingerprint reader, ACPI battery manager, cardreader, fall accelerometer, screen touch, etc.)

- disabled Speed-Step/ SpeedShift and Turbo-Boost, disabled virtualisation support in the BIOS to try to minimize randomness in the behaviour

- disabled fastboot

- ACPI.sys latency is still culminating at 1.7ms and causing audio dropouts with either built-in or external USB asio interface

- I've opened a support ticket over at dell with my premium support, the ticket was automatically closed a week later without anyone getting in touch with me.

I've run out of options and am looking for help.

This seems to be a pretty common issue with the windows 10 OS ( https://duckduckgo.com/?q=windows+10+DPC+latency+ACPI&t=canonical&atb=v102-3&ia=web) ocurring on a variety of hardware, people who were fine with either win7 or win8.1 started to have ACPI.sys latency issues after upgrading to windows 10.

What kind of interrupt processing logic cannot take less than 1.7ms to run on a last-gen multi-GHz CPU ? Could be explained by the the crazy hard pagefault counter with ACPI.sys... Microsoft please fix this before I buy a Mac.

:)

the.rem, Jul 16, 2018

2. Windows 10 High Dpc Latency

I believe DPC Latency Checker does not support WIN 10. Please try LatencyMon and check.

I had this issue so thought of sharing.

GypsySoul13, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 High Dpc Latency

Windows 10 High Dpc Latency please help me someone

donnieadler, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Win 10 Home High DPC latency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys

DPC Latency High

Hi,

Check these:

Solving DPC Latency Issues - Download Latency Monitor and DPC Latency Checker

Solving DPC Latency Issues | Sweetwater

DPC Latency Checker

Troubleshoot Driver Problems Using DPC Latency Checker - Windows Tutorials

DPC Latency Checker - Download

DPC Latency Checker

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Home High DPC latency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys

1. Win 10 Home High DPC latency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys - Similar Threads - Home High DPC

2. DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.: Hi, I'm looking for a fix for this windows latency issue. I am experiencing high latency and interrupts due to windows drivers specifically "wdf01000.sys, kernal mode driver framework runtime." You can see this from the screenshot of the latency monitor check. [IMG]...
  3. High DPC Latency

High DPC Latency: Hi everyone! Lately, I've been facing such a high DPC latency and it's annoying so much. I'm currently using an Inspiron 14 5458 with Windows 1909. Drivers are all updated I used latencymon to check what was wrong and I see something wrong with ACPI.sys and ndis.sys. I...
  4. High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys: Hello, I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon. I really...
  5. ACPI driver causing abnormally high Latency on Dell XPS 15 9570

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ACPI driver causing abnormally high Latency on Dell XPS 15 9570: ACPI is causing high DPC latency, concerns over live recording capabilities and live playback. I have uninstalled stock Dell audio drivers and installed RealTek drivers (not sure which ones), this has fixed popping sounds coming from the speakers or headphones. I need to...
  6. Dell XPS 15 9570 Windows 10 ACPI.sys DPC Latency issues

Dell XPS 15 9570 Windows 10 ACPI.sys DPC Latency issues: Hello, as the title says i am having trouble with the windows power manager giving me huge latency spikes which render my system useless for real time audio recording, as it causes clicks and pops even on high playback buffer settings. THIS IS A VERY COMMON ISSUE AND IT IS...
  7. High DPC latency

in Windows 10 Customization
    High DPC latency: I use my Dell XPS for recording and live playback but the system suffers from high DPC latency caused by ACPI driver. I removed Dell audio drivers and installed those from RealTek with no avail. Latency is an issue because I need this computer for live recording. Please your...
  8. ACPI driver causing abnormally high Latency on Dell XPS 15 9570

ACPI driver causing abnormally high Latency on Dell XPS 15 9570: ACPI is causing high DPC latency, concerns over live recording capabilities and live playback. I have uninstalled stock Dell audio drivers and installed RealTek drivers (not sure which ones), this has fixed popping sounds coming from the speakers or headphones. I need to...
  9. Win 10 Home High DPC lantency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys

Win 10 Home High DPC lantency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys: Hello, I have a dell XPS 15 9570, and I have big issues with on board and external audio. HW Spec: Dell XPS 15 9570, i7 8750H, 4K screen, 16g ram /512g ssd, qualcomm Killer wifi and then intel AC-9260, nVidia 1050 Ti with latest WHQL drivers, bios v1.2.2, all drivers to...
  10. DPC latency tests. High latency?

DPC latency tests. High latency?: Hello *Smile I have done some latency tests on my computer after I began to get some audio popping in my headphones. I have had this problem for a few months now. I cant seem to understand if my results are okay or not, which is why Im asking you. No games was running while...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xps 15 latency

2. xps 9570 i9 acpi latency