Windows 10: Win 10 Home Tablet programs on SD Issues

Discus and support Win 10 Home Tablet programs on SD Issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a win 10 tablet that was running out of HD space so I changed the settings to install new programs to the SD card, Also I "moved" (I guess that's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by compgeek, Jul 4, 2016.

1. compgeek Win User

Win 10 Home Tablet programs on SD Issues

I had a win 10 tablet that was running out of HD space so I changed the settings to install new programs to the SD card, Also I "moved" (I guess that's what you call it) a couple of programs to the SD card. Everything was running fine, until I removed the SD card. Once I reinserted it, I noticed all the programs were no longer shown on the tablet. All the data is still on the SD card but I can't open the programs anymore. Is there a way I can re-scan the SD card for those programs or move them back. I have a new tablet that has more storage and I tried the SD card in the new tablet, and can see all the data but again the programs are not visible in the OS.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

:)

compgeek, Jul 4, 2016

2. How much free space is needed for Win 10

I was finally able to upgrade my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet Win 8 Home to Win 10 Pro!

At first I had the problem with not enough room on my hard drive and after several attempts and deleting everything not needed to operate the tablet I gave up.

Last weekend I noticed it was showing up in Updates so I checked the box and proceeded to update. This time it said there wasn't enough room on my hard drive but suggested my SD card as an option which wasn't available 29 July 2015. I selected the SD card
    option and started the install.

About three hours later it was done and I upgraded from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro after that with no problem.

JohnFourtyTwo, Jul 4, 2016
  3. izzaguf Win User
    option to store progams to alternate disc greyed out

I have Win 10 Home, 32 GB SSD, 32 GB SD card, and want to store programs to SD card but the option is greyed out. Any suggestions.

izzaguf, Jul 4, 2016
Thema:

Win 10 Home Tablet programs on SD Issues

1. Win 10 Home Tablet programs on SD Issues - Similar Threads - Home Tablet programs

2. BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition: Long story short - we ran into the BitLocker issue recently and found out that the Microsoft recovery website has been down for more than 3 months. Currently Microsoft only has live chat available and it’s mission impossible to get to someone to assist. There are always 50+...
  3. Win 10 Home - Reset/Recovery Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home - Reset/Recovery Issues: HP Laptop i5 Don’t know all the specs but I can get them if it matters. The laptop had Win 10 on it, but I wanted a fresh install so I reset it via the Settings > Security > Reset This PC I didn’t need to retain any files, so in chose “Delete Everything”. It did it’s process...
  4. Win 10 Home - Reset/Recovery Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Home - Reset/Recovery Issues: HP Laptop i5 Don’t know all the specs but I can get them if it matters. The laptop had Win 10 on it, but I wanted a fresh install so I reset it via the Settings > Security > Reset This PC I didn’t need to retain any files, so in chose “Delete Everything”. It did it’s process...
  5. Win 10 Home Remove filetype program associations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Home Remove filetype program associations: There are several filetypes which I do NOT want associated with ANY specific application. How do I do this? I have read several items which proport to explain how to do this but none of them are accurate so a detailed step-by-step example would be useful. E.G., remove...
  6. Sharing programs with local users on Win 10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sharing programs with local users on Win 10 Home: I'm setting up a laptop for my kids. It's running Windows 10 Home. I am the administrator and there are three local accounts for the kids. Is there a way to install programs on my administrator account that they can all use them? When I installed office I had to activate...
  7. Win 10 1903 SD card issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 1903 SD card issues: Hi all, Common issue it appears but I've just done a clean install of 1903 and my SD card is no longer working. I've compared it to another user with the same HP Elitebook 840 G3 and I have the same driver and the card works on his machine. However he's running an older...
  8. Changing Default program in Win 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Default program in Win 10 home: When going into setting/apps & features/set default by app; I don't see the installed app that I prefer to use; specifically I want to use AVS4YOU media player to auto-play mp4 files and the like. I cant locate it under programs/default to choose it. I am likely missing...
  9. Win 10 cost for tablets ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 cost for tablets ?: I know we don't know costs for Windows 10 on Desktops/Laptops yet, hopefully soon, however Does anyone have any thoughts on what they will do cost wise for Tablets, from what I read Windows is free to manufacturers (or something like that) if the screen size is small, 7"...
  10. Win 10 Tablet help

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Tablet help: Have a Dell tablet with Win 10. Using a stylus with the on-screen keyboaard. I keep ggetting multiple letteeers everytime I type. (As you can seee) Is there a setting somewhere I can change to make this less sensitive? Sometthing I can change to fffix this? Its a real pain...