Windows 10: Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

Discus and support Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded my Win 8.1 into a Win 10 Home but it is not working properly. Does anyone can help me out how to find a free (and sound!) Win Pro for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OliverPedro, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

I upgraded my Win 8.1 into a Win 10 Home but it is not working properly. Does anyone can help me out how to find a free (and sound!) Win Pro for a clean install?

:)

OliverPedro, Aug 31, 2015
  2. S.K. LAM Win User

How to downgrade the Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home (upgraded from Windows 7 Home)

It means there is no way for Win 10 Pro downgrade to Win 10 home (upgrade from Win 7 Home) unless I reinstall the win 7 home then upgrade to win 10 home?

If I do the clean install of that PC installed Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 10 Home (upgraded from Win 7 Home) and skipped the inserting key steps then connect internet, will my PC activate automatically for Win 10 Home or Win 10 Pro?

S.K. LAM, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Windows 7 64-bit upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit

The upgrade will do like for like:

Win 7 Home to Win 10 Home

Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Win 7 64 bit to Win 10 64 Bit...

Gordon B-P, Aug 31, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

Unfortunately if any version of Windows is not working properly upgrading to a "better" version most likely will not cure the problem, just cost some money. You might have to restore back to Win8.1 then try the Upgrade again. Or post what the problems are with Win10 Home and see if solutions come about.

The Upgrade to Win10 Home you did was free, to get the free Win10 Pro you would need to go back to Win8.1, upgrade it to the Pro version then do the Win10 Upgrade again, should then give you the Pro version. In other words, the Upgrade to Win10 is very specific as to what it is Upgrading over.

Berton, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Word Man Win User
    That may depend on what you mean by "not working properly - is your Win 10 Home at least properly activated?

Finding install media is no problem and this forum contains tutorials that cover that. However, assuming you are only qualified to upgrade for free to Win 10 HOME, one route to Win 10 Pro would be a $100 license from the Windows Store - if that is functional on your machine.

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Word Man, Aug 31, 2015
  6. There is no free upgrade from Home to Pro. You could try doing a clean install of 10 Home though. You can download install media here, http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10 If your current 10 Home install is activated you can just click skip when asked for a key during the install. It will activate just fine. Your PC's hardware ID is already stored on the activation server.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

1. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Home Pro

2. Windows 11 home or pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home or pro: I know the Pro version is supposed to be for businesses but should non-business consumers buy it? I am thinking of buying a new computer Lenovo 2023 IdeaCentre 3 Premium All-in-One Business Desktop, 27" FHD Touchscreen Display, Intel Core i7-13620H, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Webcam,...
  3. Windows 11 home or pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 home or pro: I know the Pro version is supposed to be for businesses but should non-business consumers buy it? I am thinking of buying a new computer Lenovo 2023 IdeaCentre 3 Premium All-in-One Business Desktop, 27" FHD Touchscreen Display, Intel Core i7-13620H, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Webcam,...
  4. Sir i got pirated window 11 pro but i had before win 11 home genuine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sir i got pirated window 11 pro but i had before win 11 home genuine: sir i my problem blue screen where my pc cannot re start it self then i went to the shop where i told him the problem then he installed win 11 pro . But it is cracked. My previous win was genuine win 11 Home . So can i get my genuine one back if i downgrade this to win 11...
  5. Sir i got pirated window 11 pro but i had before win 11 home genuine

Sir i got pirated window 11 pro but i had before win 11 home genuine: sir i my problem blue screen where my pc cannot re start it self then i went to the shop where i told him the problem then he installed win 11 pro . But it is cracked. My previous win was genuine win 11 Home . So can i get my genuine one back if i downgrade this to win 11...
  6. Upgrade from Windows11 home to Windows 11 Pro Failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows11 home to Windows 11 Pro Failed.: I bought an Acer Aspire Evro 16 with Windows 11 Home pre installed.I have paid £119.99 to Microsoft store, order number 3548372093, to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. When I tried to perform the upgrade it produced the error 0x80070490. Where do I go to resolve this situation?...
  7. Upgrade from Windows11 home to Windows 11 Pro Failed.

Upgrade from Windows11 home to Windows 11 Pro Failed.: I bought an Acer Aspire Evro 16 with Windows 11 Home pre installed.I have paid £119.99 to Microsoft store, order number 3548372093, to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. When I tried to perform the upgrade it produced the error 0x80070490. Where do I go to resolve this situation?...
  8. use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license: I try to transfer my windows 10 PRO RETAIL license to new laptop with no luck.the problem:I have old laptop with activated windows 10 PRO digital license - when checking lsmgr it claims that is RETAIL license and I have now new laptop which comes with windows 11 HOME OEM...
  9. use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license

use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license: I try to transfer my windows 10 PRO RETAIL license to new laptop with no luck.the problem:I have old laptop with activated windows 10 PRO digital license - when checking lsmgr it claims that is RETAIL license and I have now new laptop which comes with windows 11 HOME OEM...
  10. Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do...: Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do the upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-home-is-installed-a-win11-pro-dvd-is-bought/8f7a385f-83b3-46de-86a7-92aa653fb2d0