Windows 10: Win 10/IE 11 Java chat box does not scroll up/down with the web page

Discus and support Win 10/IE 11 Java chat box does not scroll up/down with the web page in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I log into an internet chat website and the chat room window is apparently run by Java. Using an older laptop running Win 8.0/IE 8 the chat window... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by upgraded, Jun 28, 2016.

1. upgraded Win User

Win 10/IE 11 Java chat box does not scroll up/down with the web page

I log into an internet chat website and the chat room window is apparently run by Java. Using an older laptop running Win 8.0/IE 8 the chat window would move up and down as the web page was scrolled up and down, staying in the same relative position to the webpage text.

On a new laptop with Win 10 I have IE 11 and have installed Java, all latest OS, IE 11 and Java updates applied. In this config when that web page is scrolled up and down, the chat room window does not move, stays static on the display (still displays new messages). As the webpage is scrolled up/down the webpage text overlays/overwrites the Java chat box.

It appears the Java chat window is detached from the surrounding webpage.

The older laptop with Win8.0/IE 8 was with Win 8.1, IE 11 and Java updates. It then began exhibiting the same issue.

I have tried adding the webpage to the IE 11 compatibility view list but still have the same problem.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!

:)

upgraded, Jun 28, 2016

2. While scrolling on Facebook and Twitter among other web pages I'll get a black, blank section that pops up for no reason.

While scrolling on Facebook and Twitter among other web pages I'll get a black, blank section that pops up for no reason.

I've had to correct WIN 10 installation twice and would like IE to work correctly.

[Original title: IE 11]

IleneHosterman, Jun 28, 2016
  3. Owen N Win User
    Poor running of browsers in win 10

I see there are some reports for win 8.

Chrome runs like a dog on my machine with win 10,

and Explorer doesn't handle infinite scrolling or web comic episode paging,

and gets very slow.

If I save a shortcut, and use that, it speeds up again for a couple of pages,

then goes slow again.

Is this a known fault?

How can I get it diagnosed?

Things sped up a little after I did a registry clean with Piriform,

and cleared the temporary files.

Update: I found a post nov 17 2015 "IE 11 runs slow..."

IE
    11 runs slow since upgrade to Window 10

I did options 1 and 2, the infinite scroll and episode paging works OK now.

Owen N, Jun 28, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

If it works with an older version of Windows and IE, but not with Edge, have you tried Firefox? The Javascript box is a part of the design of the webpage by the party or parties that wrote the code for the website. I would address the issue to them, along with seeing if other people are running into the same problems on their computers if they are using Windows 10.

What version of Java is installed on your computer?

bro67, Jun 28, 2016
  5. upgraded Win User
    Thanks for the reply.

The Java version is version 8, update 91, (build 1.8.0_91-b15)

I the older laptop from Win 8.0 to 8.1 and was starting to investigate the new chat room window behavior when my visiting 4 year old nephew introduced a glass of water to the laptop while it was turned on ... thus the new laptop ;-(.

I asked the chat room owner and he said no one has reported any issues with Win 8.1 or Win 10. Win 10 may be relatively new but 8.1 has been out for a while. I will post a question in the room tomorrow to see if there are any useful ideas. I just got the new laptop this afternoon and was setting it up for use tonight when I tripped over this problem again. I was hoping the issue my old laptop had was just an artifact from upgrading to Win 8.1 and that a "new" clean Win 10 certified install from HP would not have the issue - - - wrong.

upgraded, Jun 28, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Try using Firefox to see if it happens with it. Sorry to hear that your nephew spilt the water on the other unit.

In our house when my kids were young. It was no drinks near the keyboards and laptop. My son & I are both guilty of spilling a small amount of liquid on our keyboards for our laptops and ended up just needing the keyboards replaced.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10/IE 11 Java chat box does not scroll up/down with the web page - Similar Threads - Java chat box

2. Scrolling doesn't roll down the page.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling doesn't roll down the page.: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-doesnt-roll-down-the-page/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  3. My pages keep scrolling up and down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pages keep scrolling up and down: When I go on any window related apps such as the Microsoft store or within settings, the page immediately scrolls to the bottom or top and won’t let me scroll what so ever. Even when I start up the computer, the time and date on the Lock Screen is going up and down in a...
  4. My pages keep scrolling up and down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pages keep scrolling up and down: When I go on any window related apps such as the Microsoft store or within settings, the page immediately scrolls to the bottom or top and won’t let me scroll what so ever. Even when I start up the computer, the time and date on the Lock Screen is going up and down in a...
  5. My pages keep scrolling up and down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 scrolling white box down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 scrolling white box down: Hey, i have had this problem with this pc for a while where when i go on windows based menus such as settings, start menu and mail it highlights with a white box and continuously goes down to the very bottom and doesnt allow me to scroll or use my arrow keys back up. I have...
  7. Windows 10 menus and web pages scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 menus and web pages scrolling: Hi In the last couple of days, web pages and menu's, the start menu and word docs automatically scroll far right or down to the end as soon as you click or hover. Tried adjusting mouse settings. Updated mouse drivers. keyboard working okay, no stuck keys. changed...
  8. My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right.: My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-does-not-scroll-up-and-down-it-scrolls/3ae3d530-bf61-4605-8a51-25cbf6be6a8e
  9. IE 11 starts but will not download web pages...

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 starts but will not download web pages...: When I start IE11 it comes up and shows the tab for the home page but never downloads the page. I've tried changing the URL in that tab as well as opening new tabs but the result is the same -- IE 11 just sits there with a blank page and no errors. I've tried resetting it,...
  10. Java not running on IE

in Browsers and Email
    Java not running on IE: I am running windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11. I am running Java 8. When I go to this page (https://data.bls.gov/pdq/querytool.jsp?survey=en) that requires Java It gives me this error below. Any suggestions? When I go to this page [img] 91521