Windows 10: Win 10 image backup hangs at 97%

Discus and support Win 10 image backup hangs at 97% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I see this same issue being reports starting in 2016 with additional post in 2017, but I have not seen a resolution. Talking to the PC manufacture and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by David PRimi, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Win 10 image backup hangs at 97%

I see this same issue being reports starting in 2016 with additional post in 2017, but I have not seen a resolution. Talking to the PC manufacture and Microsoft support resulted in no resolution. Yes, 3rd party software works, but I can't buy that for every system i sell. The solution I use at the moment is attaching a 2nd hard drive and then doing the image backup. This works. So, is the issue using the USB ports? I'll try the esata ports next.

:)

David PRimi, Jul 19, 2018
  2. JipéJIPE Win User

System Image Backup Stalling at 97%

Hi, sorry for my english, I spek french.

I've a similar problem with windows 10 version 1511, my backup stalls at 97 % during creation of system image.

After some hours, nothing changes but my PC goes to sleep automatically.

If I suppress the creation of system image in the backup settings, the backup finished normally after some minutes.

At the moment the backup stalls at 97 % , an error occurs in the event viewer:

CAPI12 Event 513

AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Protocole LLDP (Link Layer Discovery Protocol) Microsoft.

System Error:

Acces denied.

Like you, I've tested different solutions after creating a restore point to get back.

The error disappear but the backup continue to stalls at 97 %.

I went back to my previous retore point awaiting a Microsoft solution.

I will also mention that I've made 2 days ago a new clean install of win 10. Backup works correctly.

After update to win 10 version 1511 yesterday, the backup problem is back, stalling at 97 %

Best regards.

JipéJIPE, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Win 10 pro 64 bit backup freezes at 97%

My backup freezes at 97% complete on both my desktop and laptop both have a remote drive attached to which I use to store all backup and image files to. what is the fix? am using win 10 pro 64 bit tried using control panel but it also freezes at 97% during
    image backup? found win 10 only allows daily backup but control panel has weekly so I set both to daily backup why do they have win 10 settings different than control panel and which has first place to work? both remote drives are 256GB and larger so they
    have the space to hold backup and image.

NicholasFerrantino, Jul 19, 2018
  4. 84397522 Win User

Win 10 image backup hangs at 97%

System Image Backup Stalling at 97%

Help.

My backup peaks at the 97% mark.

Is there another way to bypass the traditional Microsoft backup? Another software pgm that works?

(FYI...I have jumped through the hoops suggested, and nothing works. I am tired of the chores.)

Please help.

84397522, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 image backup hangs at 97%

1. Win 10 image backup hangs at 97% - Similar Threads - image backup hangs

2. Windows 7 Backup Hangs at 57% or 97%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Backup Hangs at 57% or 97%: I have an HP laptop running Windows 11 Home on an Intel i7 with 16GB memory. I use Windows 7 backup & restore to store a system image on a 2TB wired HD but recently the backup process has gone to 57% and then no further. I have done CHKDSK on the remote HD but the backup...
  3. Windows 7 Backup Hangs at 57% or 97%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Backup Hangs at 57% or 97%: I have an HP laptop running Windows 11 Home on an Intel i7 with 16GB memory. I use Windows 7 backup & restore to store a system image on a 2TB wired HD but recently the backup process has gone to 57% and then no further. I have done CHKDSK on the remote HD but the backup...
  4. Backup stuck at 97%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup stuck at 97%: I updated to Windows 11 when it came out, and prior to that I used to backup to an eternal hard drive every few weeks or so.However now I'm finding that when I try to backup I get stuck at 97%. No error message or other warnings, and then eventually the green bar turned red...
  5. Windows 10 Backup stuck at 97% creating system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Backup stuck at 97% creating system image: Here is some solutions that may help with the issue of Windows 10 Backup using the Windows 7 Backup utility. getting stuck, The length of time a backup of the image files will take can be determined by using the Task Manager to see the rate of disk data transfer. If the Disk...
  6. Win 10 Image BackUp

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Win 10 Image BackUp: Currently I'm running Win 10 on a portable HDD and would like to create an image of it but when I go to "Backup and Restore" window I get the following: This feature is not available in a portable workstation environment. 163658
  7. System Image Backup Stalling at 97% reborn

System Image Backup Stalling at 97% reborn: Hello, I've seen that you already have the very same thread existed, and that thread was created in 2015 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/system-image-backup-stalling-at-97/5fe7e395-e36b-4dd8-8252-26b3e2dab1aa. It is awful that it still was...
  8. System Image Backup hanging at 97%

System Image Backup hanging at 97%: Trust MS to have not completed yet another useless OS. Perhaps if they concentrated more in the past 20 years at actually trying to create a functioning OS instead of concentrating on how to steal peoples personal data and creating back doors, windows! and cameras into...
  9. Windows 10 Backup System Image Stuck at 97%

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Backup System Image Stuck at 97%: I will make this as Short N' Sweet as possible. I like using the words, "Short N' Sweet". Anyways, for the past well-over 4 hours, creating a system image/windows backup has been stuck at 97% and I'm told it's natural to wait this prolonged amount of time. Although the backup...
  10. Image Backup - Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image Backup - Win 10: I may be the first one to do it, or maybe not. But just a reminder to everyone (who did hard installation on SSDs and HDDs). All of us here have just clean installed the Win 10 Tech Preview. If it's running okay now, before you go any further messing it up and before bugs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows backup stops at 97

2. windows backup fails at 97%

3. windows backup 97% solved fix

4. windows 10 backup stop at 97%,
  5. backup stalls at 97% in windows 10,
  6. backup windows 10 si blocca 97%,
  7. how to get past windows backup 97%,
  8. windows 10 backup hangs,
  9. system image creation fails at 97%,
  10. windows back up stop at 97 for 30 minutes,
  11. windows 10 backup stuck at 97,