Windows 10: Win 10 In some folders I can only create new folder nothing else.

Discus and support Win 10 In some folders I can only create new folder nothing else. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why in win 10 in some folders like Program files I can only create new folder no new text or anything else. 11165 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thermaltake, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Win 10 In some folders I can only create new folder nothing else.

Why in win 10 in some folders like Program files I can only create new folder no new text or anything else.

:)

Thermaltake, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Bouey Win User

Windows 10 - Folder Permissions - Blocked - Access Is Denied after installing App from the Windows Store

I have had this exact issue and nothing works to fix-so frustrating being a lab rat sometimes. But you're idea to create a new folder and call it Save Documents" -- a logical name-- WORKED for me , so thank you for the fix. Maybe now I can get back to work
    instead of chasing my documents around!

Bouey, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Cannot adjust theme settings

All Windows system folders are Read Only, but you should be able to create new files inside that folder. The OS is not going to let you change that attribute (nor should you) because it may result in system instability. System folders are set Read Only to
    prevent accidental (or intentional) renaming or deletion.

If you check a Windows 7 machine at the same location (%systemroot%\media) you will find the Sound Theme folders and they too are Read Only. You should be able to Copy and Paste data into those folders though. I just tested it on my Win 10 machine and it
    worked. If you can connect to a machine across your network that has the files you want, try copying them to you Win 10 computer.

I am surprised that there was nothing in the themes folders, because my Win 10 PC has files in those folders. I did upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro so that may be how the folders got populated with files. I just tested copying files from a Win 7 machine
    to the Win 10 machine and it worked so give it a try.

MD Tech MCP, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Win 10 In some folders I can only create new folder nothing else.

Hello Thermaltake,

In the C: drive, C:\Program Files, C:\Program Files (x86), and C:\Windows root directory folders and all of their subfolders, you will only have New -> Folder available.

You can still copy what want into the folder though.

Hope this helps some, *Smile
    Shawn

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Yes I know that, but why is that I mean on 8.1 I could make any new file in that kind of folders.

Thermaltake, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's done to protect the system by not allowing files to be directly created or saved in to system folders.

It was the same in Windows 8.1 as well unless you were signed in to the built-in Administrator account.

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  7. I get it now, don't know maybe I didn't notice it on 8.1

Thermaltake, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 In some folders I can only create new folder nothing else.

1. Win 10 In some folders I can only create new folder nothing else. - Similar Threads - folders create folder

2. I can only hear myself and nothing else

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can only hear myself and nothing else: I dont fucking know how, but I was changing my mic from the one on the camera I have to the one on my headset and now I can only hear myself and nothing else. help me. submitted by /u/b1_v_ [link] [comments]...
  3. Can’t access some folders/Create new folders in them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t access some folders/Create new folders in them.: Hello, ive spoke about this before but when trying to acesss the WINDOWS App Folder... some folders in that folder dont allow me to create or delete files in them despite having ownership over the file... its really getting me down as all i want to do is have acess to my...
  4. Cannot Create New Folder in Some Folders

Cannot Create New Folder in Some Folders: I cannot create a new folder in the following folders All c:\users\[username]\ Documents Pictures Videos There may be others! Its ok on Desktop. I get a message saying: Item Not Found Could not find this item The item is no longer located in...
  5. cannot create a new folder in Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot create a new folder in Win 10: I have not been able to create a folder in windows 10 for sometime now. need advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-a-new-folder-in-win-10/dcd0b5ba-62b3-40fc-8d87-7c77faac1f68
  6. Create folders in win 10

Create folders in win 10: I have lost the ability to create new folders in win 10. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-folders-in-win-10/0361e4ea-74f9-4675-8cc7-0fa59b1237fb"
  7. Can I create a new name folder?

Can I create a new name folder?: Since my name folder got overwritten by documents folder is there away to make a new name (Lewis) folder in C:/Users??? My documents folder basically merged with my Lewis folder and put my saves in there aswell. When I try and make a new folder it just disappears even when...
  8. can not create a new folder

can not create a new folder: can not create a new folder, just freezes then screen flickers and comes back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-create-a-new-folder/c750b829-38dd-4e77-a2e4-5b8a28c01787"
  9. win 10 libraries denying creating a new folder

win 10 libraries denying creating a new folder: I created a new library called jobs. I want to be able to create new folders in the library, for my each of my various jobs. Every time I try to create a new folder it makes it as a subfolder in an existing folder. I used the manage library to relocate folders that were...
  10. Error in Win 10 cannot create new folders

Error in Win 10 cannot create new folders: I use Windows 10 on my personal pc. A few months ago there was a sudden and unexplained change: I can no longer create new folders "Ctrl+Shift+N" does not work nor does right click on the mouse. Please explain why and how to I correct this fault Paul C...