Windows 10: Win 10 install - Keep nothing setting - D: partiton be wiped too?

Discus and support Win 10 install - Keep nothing setting - D: partiton be wiped too? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm installing win 10 and I'd like a fresh install but I'm a little worried that the install might wipe the data I have shifted to my empty D:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yesyoucan, Sep 9, 2015.

1. yesyoucan Win User

Win 10 install - Keep nothing setting - D: partiton be wiped too?

Hi, I'm installing win 10 and I'd like a fresh install but I'm a little worried that the install might wipe the data I have shifted to my empty D: partition. I know this shouldn't really happen but just want to double check with you guys thx U.

:)

yesyoucan, Sep 9, 2015
  2. almerzf Win User

Help installing Win 10 - 3 scenarios. Which is the best way

Based on getting Win 10 onto a completely wiped HDD from Sony VA10 with corrupt WIN 8 installation.

(1) Any problem directly trying to load new retail Win 10 on to said wiped HDD

(2) Any problem loading new WIN 8.1 to said wiped HDD intending to D/load free Win 10.

(3) Any problem loading Win 7(without TP1) on said wiped HDD intending to D/load free WIN 10

almerzf, Sep 9, 2015
  3. i was wondering if i save the win 10 by doing an ISO, then do a clean wipe??

do i save the files that i was going to keep before the clean wipe? isn't a clean wipe mean not to save nothing on screen??

mightymouse4211, Sep 9, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

No it will not touch D: as long as you install to C: and don't actually chose deliberately to delete all your partitions during the install *Smile

lx07, Sep 9, 2015
  5. yesyoucan Win User
    Oh that was a quick reply *Smile) thx you, it doesn't give any options at this stage to only choose the C: or any other like in Win 7 or all the others, the option saying everything will be deleted, including files, apps and settings is the one I want but was just a little worried. Ok so on your advice I'll start the install.

Thanks for you help m8

yesyoucan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 install - Keep nothing setting - D: partiton be wiped too? - Similar Threads - install Keep nothing

2. Win 10 Update 1809 Wiped Out Almost all of my Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Update 1809 Wiped Out Almost all of my Settings: I use a dual physical drive approach, a smaller "system" SSD for Win 10 and Software, and a larger HDD for Data. Once I get the system totally set up the way "I" want it, I use Partition Wizard to migrate the system drive to a second bootable SSD that I connect via a drive...
  3. An attempt to create a Recovery partition on z partiton on the /d: trashed all the data on...

An attempt to create a Recovery partition on z partiton on the /d: trashed all the data on...: It started as an interesting observation: a recovery partiton is neatly located on disk 0, partition 3. So if something would happen to the disk, the whole thing would be lost, while the recovery now is neatly allocated itself 450 mb on /c: drive. What can be simpler? - let's...
  4. Settings not saving for all programs installed on D:

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings not saving for all programs installed on D:: So recently my Windows 10 install crashed so I had to do a clean install on my SSD. (C: Drive) Normally I install my programs on the HDD (D: Drive). I cleaned out all the old programs along with the reinstall of Windows 10 so both drives are now clean, but now any program...
  5. How to wipe Laptop and keep Windows 10

How to wipe Laptop and keep Windows 10: Friend ask me to remove all traces of him before he gives laptop to his sister. My Idea is to clean install win10 with jump drive and then wipe free space. This laptop already has win10 on it. Can I boot from the usb and choose custom install or do I have to run setup...
  6. Factory settings with keeping D drive?

Factory settings with keeping D drive?: Hi i need some help. I have one Windows 10 Pro 32bit version It is slow. So i need to do factory reset. But i need to keep files on drive D Which option should i use in recovery window - Windows which will pop up if you type in search reset and then click on button Get...
  7. Wipe and install Win 7

Wipe and install Win 7: I am beyond happy with this OS, and wish to install Win 7 wiping Win 10, can someone offer me a step by step guide please 103240
  8. "Nothing" only choice to keep for repair install

"Nothing" only choice to keep for repair install: Hey All, I am trying to do a repair install of Windows 10 with an .iso DVD. My only choice is to keep nothing when I want to keep personal files & apps. There is a message at the bottom that says "You can't keep Windows settings, personal files, and apps because your current...
  9. Laptop downloaded win 10, installed it, but rebooted to nothing(blank)

Laptop downloaded win 10, installed it, but rebooted to nothing(blank): This has now happened twice. Lenovo E455 laptop with windows 7. TIA ps, after cold reboot get this error message: Window 10 couldn't be installed Failed 1 update Error(s) found C1900101-20017 Windows update encountered an unknown error 31547
  10. Partitoning questions for install Windows 10

Partitoning questions for install Windows 10: I have plenty of space. I can temporally delete the fat 32 partition for the windows 10 install. Fat32 was made for backwards compatibility with old software. I am not really interested in using the windows 7 or 10 dual boot menu. I am basically going to install 10 on a...