Windows 10: Win 10 install - Keep nothing setting - D: partiton be wiped too?

Discus and support Win 10 install - Keep nothing setting - D: partiton be wiped too? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm installing win 10 and I'd like a fresh install but I'm a little worried that the install might wipe the data I have shifted to my empty D:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yesyoucan, Sep 9, 2015.

1. yesyoucan Win User

Win 10 install - Keep nothing setting - D: partiton be wiped too?

Hi, I'm installing win 10 and I'd like a fresh install but I'm a little worried that the install might wipe the data I have shifted to my empty D: partition. I know this shouldn't really happen but just want to double check with you guys thx U.

:)

yesyoucan, Sep 9, 2015
  2. almerzf Win User

Help installing Win 10 - 3 scenarios. Which is the best way

Based on getting Win 10 onto a completely wiped HDD from Sony VA10 with corrupt WIN 8 installation.

(1) Any problem directly trying to load new retail Win 10 on to said wiped HDD

(2) Any problem loading new WIN 8.1 to said wiped HDD intending to D/load free Win 10.

(3) Any problem loading Win 7(without TP1) on said wiped HDD intending to D/load free WIN 10

almerzf, Sep 9, 2015
  3. i was wondering if i save the win 10 by doing an ISO, then do a clean wipe??

do i save the files that i was going to keep before the clean wipe? isn't a clean wipe mean not to save nothing on screen??

mightymouse4211, Sep 9, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

No it will not touch D: as long as you install to C: and don't actually chose deliberately to delete all your partitions during the install *Smile

lx07, Sep 9, 2015
  5. yesyoucan Win User
    Oh that was a quick reply *Smile) thx you, it doesn't give any options at this stage to only choose the C: or any other like in Win 7 or all the others, the option saying everything will be deleted, including files, apps and settings is the one I want but was just a little worried. Ok so on your advice I'll start the install.

Thanks for you help m8

yesyoucan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 install - Keep nothing setting - D: partiton be wiped too? - Similar Threads - install Keep nothing

2. I am unable to partiton my D: drive .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to partiton my D: drive .: Hello,I want to partition it for ubuntu. The option for shrink is showing but not able to press.But for the E: drive i can shrink.What can i do if i want to shrink the D drive?...
  3. I am unable to partiton my D: drive .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to partiton my D: drive .: Hello,I want to partition it for ubuntu. The option for partition is showing but not able to press.But for the E: drive i can shrink.What can i do if i want to...
  4. Win 10 Settings keeps crashing

Win 10 Settings keeps crashing: I'm not sure which topic this questions belongs, so I picked the most suitable one I think is good.Before this, the "Sign in so you don't miss out" I'm part of a family feature thingbox kept popping up, but I fixed it I think I did by resetting my pin; my approach was...
  5. Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB: I messed up my drive Partitioning Dualboot etc. and now I'd like to reinstall Windows.1. The question now arises if Windows installer will delete my unessacery partitions?2. And if I need a new Product Key for reinstalling windows on the same device?...
  6. Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB

Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB: I messed up my drive Partitioning Dualboot etc. and now I'd like to reinstall Windows.1. The question now arises if Windows installer will delete my unessacery partitions?2. And if I need a new Product Key for reinstalling windows on the same device?...
  7. If i chose "keep nothing" will it wipe my 2nd drive too ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If i chose "keep nothing" will it wipe my 2nd drive too ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bottomtextboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inci4f/if_i_chose_keep_nothing_will_it_wipe_my_2nd_drive/
  8. Wipe Win 10 Ent and Install Win 10 Home from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wipe Win 10 Ent and Install Win 10 Home from USB: I have kept an old company laptop and bought Win 10 Home. When I try to reinstall it does not copy from USB but install Enterprise and company profile again. How do I get rid of Win 10 Ent?...
  9. Wipe and install Win 7

Wipe and install Win 7: I am beyond happy with this OS, and wish to install Win 7 wiping Win 10, can someone offer me a step by step guide please 103240
  10. Partitoning questions for install Windows 10

Partitoning questions for install Windows 10: I have plenty of space. I can temporally delete the fat 32 partition for the windows 10 install. Fat32 was made for backwards compatibility with old software. I am not really interested in using the windows 7 or 10 dual boot menu. I am basically going to install 10 on a...