Windows 10: Win 10 Install Plan RFC

Discus and support Win 10 Install Plan RFC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please comment on the following plan. I intend to a. Buy a new 1 TB HD and install Win7 Home Premium on it. b. Set a Restore point on my existing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by srfpala, Dec 22, 2015.

1. srfpala Win User

Win 10 Install Plan RFC

Please comment on the following plan.
    I intend to
    a. Buy a new 1 TB HD and install Win7 Home Premium on it.
    b. Set a Restore point on my existing Win7 HD
    c. Hold in reserve my original Win 7 HD
    d. Boot the new intsall and wait for Win 7 to ask if I want to Install Win 10
    e. Do the Win 10 install and see if I like it.
    f. If I do then I'll copy data content across from 7 to 10.
    TIA Bob

:)

srfpala, Dec 22, 2015
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

Lumia 820 WPA2 Enterprise

Do you have the number of that RFC at hand?

Abi99 (2), Dec 22, 2015
  3. Wyccant Win User
    How do you configure 3rd party caldav server with wp8 calendar?

I heard something about them refusing to register any more Windows phones, which in itself sounds illegal but is of no concern to me as I don't want to use their servers.

Do they own Caldav?

I thought:

The CalDAV Access protocol has been standardized by the IETFand published as RFC

The CalDAV Scheduling protocol has been standardized by the IETF and published
    as RFC 6638.

source: Introduction

And I don't really get what business it is of Google's whether I use my phone to access my own server.

Wyccant, Dec 22, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Win 10 Install Plan RFC

I agree with all except step e. No need to wait. Download the ISO from Techbench or use Media Creation Tool to do the upgrade, create a USB flash drive or burn a DVD.

See Brink's tutorial here: Windows 10 - Clean Install

Ztruker, Dec 22, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    There's no need to install Windows 7 first either, if srfpala has the Windows 7 product key. Windows 10 downloaded from Tech Bench or with Media Creation Tool will activate with a Windows 7 product key.

1. Make a Windows 10 USB/DVD by downloading ISO from Tech Bench or with Media Creation Tool.
    2. Remove old Windows 7 hard drive, install new 1 TB hard drive.
    3. Boot from Windows 10 USB/DVD and install Windows 10 on new 1 TB hard drive. Click on "I don't have a product key", "skip", or "do this later" when asked for a product key.
    4. After installation go to the activation screen under updates & security from setting, change product key, enter Windows 7 product key to activate.

NavyLCDR, Dec 22, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Forgot about that, thanks.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Install Plan RFC

1. Win 10 Install Plan RFC - Similar Threads - Install Plan RFC

2. win 10 migrate plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 migrate plan: i have Win 10 OEM on a Dell XPS 8300 which is no longer supported..i have a WDC 1TB HDD and just added another identical.i want to create the second HDD identical to the first so i can easily switch if the first HDD fails.SMART shows 5 raw clusters in the pending count and...
  3. win 10 migrate plan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 migrate plan: i have Win 10 OEM on a Dell XPS 8300 which is no longer supported..i have a WDC 1TB HDD and just added another identical.i want to create the second HDD identical to the first so i can easily switch if the first HDD fails.SMART shows 5 raw clusters in the pending count and...
  4. win 10 migrate plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. AAC still planned on win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AAC still planned on win 10?: Hello,Has Microsoft completely abandoned AAC for Bluetooth devices on windows 10?I know a lot of media reported spring of last year that AAC was coming to Win 10, but nothing has been heard of since.Is it just me or does it seem that windows 10 is starting to be neglected in...
  6. AAC still planned on win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AAC still planned on win 10?: Hello,Has Microsoft completely abandoned AAC for Bluetooth devices on windows 10?I know a lot of media reported spring of last year that AAC was coming to Win 10, but nothing has been heard of since.Is it just me or does it seem that windows 10 is starting to be neglected in...
  7. AAC still planned on win 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Why is RFC 1323 Timestamps disabled by default?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is RFC 1323 Timestamps disabled by default?: Despite some literature reference, RFC 1323, and therefore both Window Scaling and TCP timestamps are disabled by default in Windows 10 at least. It would be interesting for our research team to understand why, as it limits the bandwidth of TCP streams, and other important...
  9. New Power Plans in Win 10 v1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Power Plans in Win 10 v1909: I dont know if im the first to find these but this update (v1909) just added new power plans found in registry. Registry : "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power\User\PowerSchemes" To add these just open cmd and copy paste the following line after...
  10. plan to install Graphic

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    plan to install Graphic: i'm planning to install Graphic Video, but I am not sure which Radeon or Geforce, so i don't want to have an expensive graphic. about good fair under 100 dollars. so here's my computer What do you recommended for this? RAM & SSD Upgrades | Dell Inspiron 3650 |...