Windows 10: Win 10 Install Plan RFC

Discus and support Win 10 Install Plan RFC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please comment on the following plan. I intend to a. Buy a new 1 TB HD and install Win7 Home Premium on it. b. Set a Restore point on my existing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by srfpala, Dec 22, 2015.

1. srfpala Win User

Win 10 Install Plan RFC

Please comment on the following plan.
    I intend to
    a. Buy a new 1 TB HD and install Win7 Home Premium on it.
    b. Set a Restore point on my existing Win7 HD
    c. Hold in reserve my original Win 7 HD
    d. Boot the new intsall and wait for Win 7 to ask if I want to Install Win 10
    e. Do the Win 10 install and see if I like it.
    f. If I do then I'll copy data content across from 7 to 10.
    TIA Bob

:)

srfpala, Dec 22, 2015
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

Lumia 820 WPA2 Enterprise

Do you have the number of that RFC at hand?

Abi99 (2), Dec 22, 2015
  3. Wyccant Win User
    How do you configure 3rd party caldav server with wp8 calendar?

I heard something about them refusing to register any more Windows phones, which in itself sounds illegal but is of no concern to me as I don't want to use their servers.

Do they own Caldav?

I thought:

The CalDAV Access protocol has been standardized by the IETFand published as RFC

The CalDAV Scheduling protocol has been standardized by the IETF and published
    as RFC 6638.

source: Introduction

And I don't really get what business it is of Google's whether I use my phone to access my own server.

Wyccant, Dec 22, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Win 10 Install Plan RFC

Ztruker, Dec 22, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    There's no need to install Windows 7 first either, if srfpala has the Windows 7 product key. Windows 10 downloaded from Tech Bench or with Media Creation Tool will activate with a Windows 7 product key.

1. Make a Windows 10 USB/DVD by downloading ISO from Tech Bench or with Media Creation Tool.
    2. Remove old Windows 7 hard drive, install new 1 TB hard drive.
    3. Boot from Windows 10 USB/DVD and install Windows 10 on new 1 TB hard drive. Click on "I don't have a product key", "skip", or "do this later" when asked for a product key.
    4. After installation go to the activation screen under updates & security from setting, change product key, enter Windows 7 product key to activate.

NavyLCDR, Dec 22, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Forgot about that, thanks.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Install Plan RFC

1. Win 10 Install Plan RFC - Similar Threads - Install Plan RFC

2. Power Plans

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Plans: I've noticed that my fan is constantly running on high lately even when I have no apps or programs open. I went into the battery setting in order to change my power plan and there is only balanced. What's going on and is there another way to fix this issue?...
  3. Win 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 installation: 1) At the start of installation of win 10 from dvd, it prompt me to load driver for the drives before installtion can continue. Does anyone know how to load driver ? 2) After a month of using win 10 (1803) from clean install, the icons in internet explorer > favorites turn...
  4. installing win 10

installing win 10: I bit the bullet and bought a new HHD and decided to load win 10 onto it Did the media USB and loaded it The black screen of death came up and I tried again, this time I got the blue screen and it went fine until the first password section then suddenly it want black So...
  5. WIN 10 install

WIN 10 install: When installing WIN 10 Enterprise from download I get autorun.dll error missing or corrupted. Where can I find a copy of autorun.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-install/24d86225-0377-4274-98fb-3123f73e56fe
  6. Win 10 installing

Win 10 installing: Hi all. I have deleted my win 10 while installing linux. I am trying to install it again. I download iso (home edition) win 10 and i am using Rufus 3.1open src sw to turn my usb to bootable. Which options i need to choose in Rufus main screen? Boot loader(mbr or gpt or...) ?...
  7. plan to install Graphic

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    plan to install Graphic: i'm planning to install Graphic Video, but I am not sure which Radeon or Geforce, so i don't want to have an expensive graphic. about good fair under 100 dollars. so here's my computer What do you recommended for this? RAM & SSD Upgrades | Dell Inspiron 3650 |...
  8. win 10 installation

win 10 installation: hi am trying to install win 10 home the full version on my Samsung RF711 laptop but it doesn't move away from searching for updates I currently have windows 7 on my laptop . I just bought the windows 7 home usb a day ago from best buy any ideas what is wrong . what I should...
  9. Win 10 Will Not Install

Win 10 Will Not Install: Hello to all. When I try to install Windows Ten over 8.1 on my Dell Xps 8500 it gets stuck at the welcome back screen. After I go back to 8.1 I get a small box that shows. 0XC1900101-0x40019 This installation failed in the Second_Boot phase with an error during OOBE...
  10. Windows 10 Subscription Plan

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Subscription Plan: http://http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...tag=TREd8c0fa8 [img] In a recent article -- "How much would a Windows 10 subscription cost?" -- I took a look at the history of Windows pricing and speculated what a Windows 10 subscription might look like. At that...