Windows 10: Win 10 install. Realtek HD audio recording source issue

Discus and support Win 10 install. Realtek HD audio recording source issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, New Win 10 install. Realtek HD audio only shows the microphone as a recording source. There is no line out or record from the sound card. Cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bjjanapolis, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Win 10 install. Realtek HD audio recording source issue

Hi, New Win 10 install. Realtek HD audio only shows the microphone as a recording source. There is no line out or record from the sound card. Cannot use Total Recorder without recording directly from the card source. Installed the drivers 6.0.1.7541, still nothing but microphone for source.

:)

bjjanapolis, Aug 18, 2015
  2. larhome Win User

What happened to Sound Recorder for Win 10 ?

I installed Win 7 and installed all motherboard drivers

Realtek HD Audio Manager icon on taskbar shows the following:

Sound Manager

Audio Devices

System Sound Events

Windows Media Player

Volume Control

Sound Recorder

The built-in Sound recorder app worked great in Win 7

When I clicked on Realtek HD Audio Manager>Sound Recorder

It would allow Stereo Mix to grab any playing music.

I then upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10

When I clicked on Realtek HD Audio Manager>Sound Recorder

It now shows nothing. The built-in Windows 7 program "Sound Recorder" is gone also.

I read Anju Thekkethil's answer. I read the follow up answers.

No Stereo Mix Voice Recorder in Windows 10 to record sound from PC

Even if I go to my motherboard Manufacturer and install the latest Realtek sound drivers and run Win 7 compatibility it will still bsod.

I agree with kjl1956.

"it is a win10 issue, not hardware, drivers or software."

No soup for you....

larhome, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Sound Level Too Low

I fixed my problem.

Uninstalled VIA HD Audio Driver

Installed Realtek Audio Driver

Rebooted.

Presto. Got surround sound back.

VIA HD not compatible with Win 10. Realtek is the answer!

Cheers

AllyB_1970, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Norm Win User

Win 10 install. Realtek HD audio recording source issue

I had the same problem, more or less. Mic not recognized. No line in. And NO record sound, period. However, the speakers worked fine.

I tried everything I knew. Checked all the forums and found, at the time last week, zip on record. Just for the heck of it I looked again tonight when I saw your post.

Ok. So I opted for the last resort. I got a Microsoft support tech. Nearly the worst decision ever. The guy obviously knew less than me and would NOT or could not communicate with me in chat. I followed him fooling around for 1.5 hours on my machine. When he started looking at my personal homepage after running a diagnostic on my networking adapter (!!!!), that was all she wrote. I took back control and booted him off.

Afterwards, my solution was to revert to Windows 7. Guess what? The process worked flawlessly! And diddly dang, my audio was back just like it used to was.

Oh...but here's the kicker. After I finished with the mute one (support) I rebooted. Somehow or the other he fixed it to where I needed a password to log back in. When I finally figured out that it was asking for my new Windows universal password I got on my laptop and looked it up, else I would have had a dead computer even to today.

So, my suggestion is...go back. Do not wait. Do not walk. Run back. Go back to whatever you had before. Replacing operating systems is a crap shoot, I know....but if audio is important to you, it's worth the risk of ending up with a boat anchor for a computer. Go back. Be happy. Somebody, some day will straighten this out.

2009 Dell with Realtek sound card.

Thema:

Win 10 install. Realtek HD audio recording source issue

1. Win 10 install. Realtek HD audio recording source issue - Similar Threads - install Realtek audio

2. Cant install Realtek Hd Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant install Realtek Hd Audio: I recently bought a custom gaming pc that has windows 10 pro, and when I first received the product, I noticed that when I plugged in my wired headphones to the pc that the audio was not working, and I couldn't hear anything thru my headphones.i have an acer monitor which...
  3. Realtek HD audio drivers not installing

Realtek HD audio drivers not installing: Hi there, i first came accross this issue two days ago when i was using my samsung monitor with headphones plugged into the monitor for the first time. It seems to have created audio drivers for itself that it uses to take the audio. However after this my realtek sound...
  4. Realtek HD Audio Manager Issue.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek HD Audio Manager Issue.: There are no noise cancellation and echo cancellation options in the microphone effects of Realtek HD Audio Manager. Is there something wrong or are those options specific to certain types of mics or systems? What am I missing here? P.S. - Currently I am using Nvidia RTX...
  5. Realtek HD Audio Driver Installation Issue

Realtek HD Audio Driver Installation Issue: Hello, Recently I wanted to switch my Realtek Audio drivers to Realtek High Definition Audio to get the enhancement tab. I downloaded the installer from realtek's website. When i first the file, it uninstalls my current drivers to replace them with the HD ones, then it...
  6. Realtek HD Audio Driver issue

Realtek HD Audio Driver issue: Hi, I've had a problem for years now with music lowering the volume briefly when in calls / windows notification popups. I've identified that the issue lies with the Realtek audio driver as when I uninstalled it the problem went away. However, without the driver my sound...
  7. Realtek HD Audio won't install !

Realtek HD Audio won't install !: I really need someone to help me with this issue. Realtek HD Audio driver just went missing and i have been trying to install it for the past 24 hours and it doesn't work, i tried every troubleshooting i found online and installed several driver installers and none of them...
  8. Realtek HD Audio Manager issues.

Realtek HD Audio Manager issues.: So, whenever I plug in 2 of the jacks on my computer, the Realtek HD Audio Manager menu appears, and asks you to confirm which one you have plugged in, for example, if I plugged in the microphone jack, it would ask me if I plugged in Line In, or Headphone, or Mic in, etc. But...
  9. Realtek HD Audio Driver Issue

Realtek HD Audio Driver Issue: Hello, I have tried looking online for answers but nothing has worked thus far for my problem. As of last night, the audio on my speakers has been having problems. When I first opened up my computer, no sound would come out of the speakers, however, my headphones still...
  10. RealTek Audio HD Issues

RealTek Audio HD Issues: Google searches show I apparently have a fairly common problem, but I haven't managed to find any solutions (a lot of people seem not to) for my particular issue. I just updated to Windows 10 and got the Realtek Audio manager in the exchange. My PC connected with HDMI...