Windows 10: Win 10 install with a Win 8.1 boot up Safe Mode option- MS oversight?

Discus and support Win 10 install with a Win 8.1 boot up Safe Mode option- MS oversight? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I set up Win 8/8.1 Pro with a normal and safe mode option in the boot menu. After my Win 10 install attempt, I was intrigued to find I had the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dalchina, Jul 30, 2015.

1. dalchina New Member

Win 10 install with a Win 8.1 boot up Safe Mode option- MS oversight?

Hi, I set up Win 8/8.1 Pro with a normal and safe mode option in the boot menu.

After my Win 10 install attempt, I was intrigued to find I had the options of booting to

Win 10
    or
    Win 8.1 Pro (Safe Mode)

after a restart. True in both the black and white and the blue versions.

(The wording isn't exact, but you see what I mean).

Is this an MS oversight?

Thanks. David

:)

dalchina, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Jul 30, 2015
  3. DParker51 Win User
    Windows 10 won't reinstall

Cannot boot into Win 10 Safe Mode. Win 10 will not install. PC currently running Win 7 Home.

DParker51, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 install with a Win 8.1 boot up Safe Mode option- MS oversight?

1. Win 10 install with a Win 8.1 boot up Safe Mode option- MS oversight? - Similar Threads - install boot Safe

2. Win 10 boots to Safe Mode after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 boots to Safe Mode after updates: When I installed the April 2022 Windows updates and did a restart, Windows 10 64-bit came up in Safe Mode. I tried various things and rebooted several times, but it always came up in Safe Mode. Thanks to a user in this community, I figured out how to turn off Safe Mode using...
  3. Win 10 boots to Safe Mode after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 boots to Safe Mode after updates: When I installed the April 2022 Windows updates and did a restart, Windows 10 64-bit came up in Safe Mode. I tried various things and rebooted several times, but it always came up in Safe Mode. Thanks to a user in this community, I figured out how to turn off Safe Mode using...
  4. Win 10 boots to Safe Mode after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win 10 safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 safe mode: Hello, suddenly my laptop black screen, 1. Try to login repairing system, but keep on saying wrong PW , I reset my hotmail PW -> wrong, and unable reset login PW. 2. Try start at safe mode, but pop message The system detected an overrun of stuck-based buffer in this...
  6. info boot win 7/8 after installation win 10

info boot win 7/8 after installation win 10: hello everyone is from a year or so that I installed windows 10 and I no longer see at startup win 7 and win 8 despite being able to access from local disk c to various folders and files, how can I return to access the previous systems? ciao a tutti da un annetto circa che...
  7. win 8 AND win 10- option to load on startup

win 8 AND win 10- option to load on startup: how do i get rid of the option of loading Win 8 or 10 when i turn on? i want Win 10 to load all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-8-and-win-10-option-to-load-on-startup/2f0dd7e0-bc54-4c05-8474-703ab15fcbb2
  8. Stuck in Safe Mode - Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode - Win 10: So, yesterday I tried to update my driver for the graphic card (AMD). It asked me to reboot in Safe Mode, and I did... Now I'm stuck in the limbo of Safe Mode. The windows don't accept my password (either the one I use for the windows or my microsoft account, I use a hotmail...
  9. safe mode issue with win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    safe mode issue with win 10: start up a computer with a safe mode win and can not back to the regular desk top mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-issue-with-win-10/7d49da3c-fc39-4066-bfc3-17e71da9d523
  10. Boot into safe mode in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot into safe mode in Win 10?: Is there a way to boot into Win 10 in a safe mode? The reason I ask is I am having trouble in normal mode trying to get rid of my win.old file. It will let me delete some of it but not all. So maybe in safe mode I can delete it all or am I missing something here? TIA...