Windows 10: Win 10 ISO image to USB on Chrome BookOS

Discus and support Win 10 ISO image to USB on Chrome BookOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi gang, I'm trying to create a bootable Win 10 image on a USB to fix my Toshiba Satellite A505. The problem is the only computer I have to do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kurdatz, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Kurdatz Win User

Win 10 ISO image to USB on Chrome BookOS

Hi gang,

I'm trying to create a bootable Win 10 image on a USB to fix my Toshiba Satellite A505. The problem is the only computer I have to do that is a Acer Chrome Book and downloading the image doesn't work. Does anybody know a way to correct this or complete this?

Fizing this PC has always been just one step away from completion and this has been one INCREDIBLY frustrating process.

Thanks!

:)

Kurdatz, Oct 25, 2017

2. Upgrading to 10 from Win 7 with ISO

Sorry but i don't get it. I've read the article and i understand that for upgrading from Win 7 it's important to create a bootable device

Prepare Windows 10 ISO file

After you have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO, you need prepare it, this is especially important for Windows 7 users..

After obtaining the .iso file you can use the built in Disc Image burning tool or Microsoft .iso to USB/DVD tool to
    create a bootable DVD or USB (requires a blank DVD or USB flash stick of at least 4 GB).

But later in the example with images, you just run the Win 10 setup into a Win 7 PC like a simple installation.

Does that mean that you have to burn the ISO into a blank DVD to make it work? Can't i make the same thing by mounting an image into a virtual drive?

Jonathan ChG, Oct 25, 2017
  3. SamTing Win User
    Am I allowed to install the upgrade on a partition?

I updated to Win 10 and it was a horror. Slow, buggy. Videos were not playing in Chrome or Edge, only on Firefox.

Thankfully, I had an image iso I could restore to Win 7.

First I saved the Product Key ID.

So I now want to install Win 10 on a partition with a dual boot arrangement having both Win 7 and Win 10. Am I allowed to do that and to used the saved Product Key?

Or is it one or the other?

SamTing, Oct 25, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

The chromebook gui does not support mounting of an iso.

However, you can access the Linux shell.

Chrome OS: How to Access the Command Line

There are many guides how to create a bootable usb drive from an iso using Liux e.g.

UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads

cereberus, Oct 25, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    You have a friend that has a PC......have them create the ISO for you.

Plankton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 ISO image to USB on Chrome BookOS - Similar Threads - ISO image USB

2. Cannot create .ISO image of Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create .ISO image of Win 11: I am trying to save an .ISO image of my Windows 11 installation. I have Win11 installed on a 230GB SSD inside my HP EliteDesk mini pc. The target drive I want to save the .ISO to is a 2TB standard HD. The problem is I am getting a pop up after I start the image save, saying I...
  3. Cannot create .ISO image of Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create .ISO image of Win 11: I am trying to save an .ISO image of my Windows 11 installation. I have Win11 installed on a 230GB SSD inside my HP EliteDesk mini pc. The target drive I want to save the .ISO to is a 2TB standard HD. The problem is I am getting a pop up after I start the image save, saying I...
  4. transfer dvd win 10 iso image file to computer?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    transfer dvd win 10 iso image file to computer?: Can an iso file of win 10 pro on a dvd be transferd to the pc and another copy then be made? If so how is it done. Thanks! *Smile 161309
  5. Win 10 ISO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 ISO: Can anybody point me in the direction where I can get a copy of Win 10 English ISO that isn't directly from Microsoft? Ive been trying to download the stupid ISO from their website for the past 3 days and I get a network time out error every time. Ive tried different...
  6. Win 10 iso

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 iso: will bootable 64 bit and 32 bit architecture fit on a single duel layer dvd?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-iso/8088e083-5f2a-4077-9f87-f687cde3847a
  7. Is it possible to slipstream AV definitions into the Win 10 ISO image?

Is it possible to slipstream AV definitions into the Win 10 ISO image?: Over the past few weeks I've put together a library of quite a few Windows 10 ISO images with various unattended setup configurations. I've also written a script that automates the whole process of adding the latest Windows updates to ALL my ISO images automatically. However,...
  8. win 10 iso

win 10 iso: I got usb stick version of win 10 I have formatted it can I download iso somewhere help me out please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/win-10-iso/76efb25c-c845-437f-800d-7dd151522c0a
  9. Win 10 ISO

Win 10 ISO: I just created the Spring Update 1803 USB ISO for use on 2 PC's Win10 Pro x 64 Bit. Question: I have a Laptop running 1709 Win 10 Home Edition x 64 Bit. Is it possible to upgrade the Laptop to 1803 using the same USB Win 10 Pro 1803? or should I create another ISO...
  10. Win 10 ISO

Win 10 ISO: There's 3 choices provided by the MCT/Media Creation Tool, one for 32-bit/x86, one for 64-bit/x64 and the third is for both on the same bootable USB 8GB or larger [preferably 16GB] or an .iso file for use with a DVD+R/DL [Dual Layer] disc [holds nearly 8GB]. In addition,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. burn iso image from chrome book