Windows 10: Win 10 ISO

Discus and support Win 10 ISO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There's 3 choices provided by the MCT/Media Creation Tool, one for 32-bit/x86, one for 64-bit/x64 and the third is for both on the same bootable USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bree, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Bree New Member

Win 10 ISO

In addition, there's a choice of the base language for the install media.

These days I download the ISO, it's more versatile. It's easy enough to make a bootable USB from the ISO if you need to do a clean install, but if you just want to upgrade you can mount the ISO as a virtual DVD drive and run Setup from there.

Unexpectedly, the ISOs are getting smaller. My x86+x64 ISO for 1803 is 6.13GB, but the 1709 one was 7.07GB, probably due to Windows 10 S now being a mode rather than a separate version with its own install files.

A 64-bit only ISO for 1803 would be 3.5GB, so that should still fit on a single layer DVD.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Stitch194 Win User

I just created the Spring Update 1803 USB ISO for use on 2 PC's Win10 Pro x 64 Bit.
    Question: I have a Laptop running 1709 Win 10 Home Edition x 64 Bit. Is it possible to upgrade the Laptop to 1803 using the same USB Win 10 Pro 1803? or should I create another ISO specifically for Win 10 Home Edition.
    BTW When I used the MCT to download 1803 I checked the box "Download Specific to this PC" I'm thinking I should leave the box unchecked.

:)

Stitch194, May 1, 2018
  3. windows 10 install uninstall

i cannot find adequate answers for the win 10 upgrade.

i get the win 10 upgrade, install win 10, get the iso for a clean install.

if win 10 is not compatible can i reinstall win 8.1 from factory recovery or win 8.1 iso and be able to activate?

if win 10 later becomes compatible can i then use win 10 iso to install and be able to activate?

am i able to create a local account for win 10?

s2pidCLINT, May 1, 2018
  4. Win 10 ISO

windows 10 pro(1511) iso download.

Dear Sir

I am running win10 pro on my PC and downloaded media creation tool for creating iso for installing win 10 PRO on MY other PC. But this tool is not showing option for creating win 10 pro ISO. This tool shows only three options

1.win 10

2. win 10 home single language

3. win 10 N

Please tell me how to download ISO win 10 pro for other PC.

Sheelnath Kekre, May 1, 2018
  5. AddRAM Win User
    Yes you should be able to use it on any W10 PC.

or

No you do not have to create another Iso *Biggrin

I would have unchecked the box, but I don`t think it will matter.

AddRAM, May 1, 2018
  6. mrgeek Win User
    There is only one ISO. When you mount it and run setup, it will detect what edition is already installed and activated. So, no. There's no need to make a separate ISO for Home and Pro.

mrgeek, May 1, 2018
  7. Bree New Member

Win 10 ISO

Checked, the MCT makes an ISO for the bits (32 or 64) and language of the PC that runs it, untick the box and you can make any language or 'bits' you want. However you set up the MCT to make the ISO, it will always contain multiple versions, including Home and Pro.

Bree, May 1, 2018
  8. Stitch194 Win User
    Thanks members for your reassuring response. Your explanations is how I thought the ISO worked, I just wanted to confirm.

Stitch194, May 1, 2018
  9. Berton Win User
    There's 3 choices provided by the MCT/Media Creation Tool, one for 32-bit/x86, one for 64-bit/x64 and the third is for both on the same bootable USB 8GB or larger [preferably 16GB] or an .iso file for use with a DVD+R/DL [Dual Layer] disc [holds nearly 8GB].

Berton, May 1, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 ISO

1. Win 10 ISO - Similar Threads - ISO

2. Create ISO of the current OS remotely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create ISO of the current OS remotely: Hello,Is there a way to create ISO of the current OS remotely?The media creation tool downloads the OS of the same windows version and then converts it to ISO file .But I want the same OS running on the existing computer For troubleshooting purposes....
  3. Create ISO of the current OS remotely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create ISO of the current OS remotely: Hello,Is there a way to create ISO of the current OS remotely?The media creation tool downloads the OS of the same windows version and then converts it to ISO file .But I want the same OS running on the existing computer For troubleshooting purposes....
  4. error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux: error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux it says"" We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding technologies when...
  5. error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux

error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux: error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux it says"" We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding technologies when...
  6. can anyone give me a windows 7 iso?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone give me a windows 7 iso?: Hi there i have an ancient piece of hardware that was made in 2013 ig the model number is n100sp anyways so it has umm.. bad hardware like based on todays hardware i dont use it but i sure can during emergency suppose reinstall windows etc and if i download anything above...
  7. can anyone give me a windows 7 iso?

can anyone give me a windows 7 iso?: Hi there i have an ancient piece of hardware that was made in 2013 ig the model number is n100sp anyways so it has umm.. bad hardware like based on todays hardware i dont use it but i sure can during emergency suppose reinstall windows etc and if i download anything above...
  8. I cant download Windows multi-ISO for Mac in UK

I cant download Windows multi-ISO for Mac in UK: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-windows-multi-iso-for-mac-in-uk/754259b5-8ebb-4a7e-9845-e63afd60dc2b
  9. I cant download Windows multi-ISO for Mac in UK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant download Windows multi-ISO for Mac in UK: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-windows-multi-iso-for-mac-in-uk/754259b5-8ebb-4a7e-9845-e63afd60dc2b
  10. I cant download Windows multi-ISO for Mac in UK

in Windows 10 Gaming