Windows 10: Win 10 Keeps making me reset my PC. Please help.

Discus and support Win 10 Keeps making me reset my PC. Please help. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys/gals! I'm getting slightly annoyed with my PC/Windows OS. I don't understand why this keeps happening. My Windows won't bootup. I keep getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaan13143, Nov 11, 2017.

1. jaan13143 Win User

Win 10 Keeps making me reset my PC. Please help.

Hey guys/gals! I'm getting slightly annoyed with my PC/Windows OS. I don't understand why this keeps happening. My Windows won't bootup. I keep getting the loading Windows sign upon bootup. I go through the steps of resetting my PC to get back in. I figured it was a one off thing and I thought that the reset would just fix it and I could move on. This has happened 3 times within the last two months. I don't understand why this is happening and I need to figure out how to fix this as I use my PC for work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only thing that I know that makes this happen is when I reboot or come out of sleep mode. I'm at the point where I'm afraid to turn off my PC. My memory is under a year old, so I don't think it's that. This is leading me to believe that it might be an OS issue.

In advance, thank you for your help!

:)

jaan13143, Nov 11, 2017

2. Reset then reinstall problem!! seriously quick help needed!!

Someone please help me ,i resetted my pc windows 10 and the keyboard wasnt working on startup . So i put in a media installation cd and now it just doesnt start.diff. error keeps coming continuously!! please make this quick or my parents will find out!!!

AhmadPathan, Nov 11, 2017
  3. After factory resetting, PC restarts repeatedly to start on Windows 10.

Original Title: After fac reset windows 10 keeps resetting itself to the start!

After factory resetting windows 10 to try make my pc faster, it comes onto a screen asking me to select my region, keyboard layout and time zone, after clicking next it comes onto a second screen on which I click use Express settings, after this is says
    "Just a moment", after that my pc restarts and goes back to the beginning again and this is like an endless cycle. Please help!!

HazzaHazzaRhino, Nov 11, 2017
  4. dmholt57 Win User

First question...is Fast Startup turned on or off?

dmholt57, Nov 11, 2017
  5. jaan13143 Win User
    Yes. Currently, Fast Startup, Sleep, and Lock are all checked as on.

jaan13143, Nov 11, 2017
  6. dmholt57 Win User
  7. jaan13143 Win User
    Awesome. Ok, I just turned it off. Is that what's causing the problem over all or are there any other things that could possibly be affecting it?

jaan13143, Nov 11, 2017
  8. dmholt57 Win User

Reboot and lets see... *Wink

dmholt57, Nov 11, 2017
  9. jaan13143 Win User
    Alright. I'll check it out. Typically, after I have to reset, it will then reboot like 2 or 3 times just fine. I'll check it out and keep it off. If it pops back up, I'll post back in here.

Thanks man! I appreciate the help dude!

jaan13143, Nov 11, 2017
  10. dmholt57 Win User
    I can't tell from your System Specs if you are running amd or intel but just guessing that may be your problem.

dmholt57, Nov 11, 2017
  11. jaan13143 Win User
    Thanks man! It was weird. It went through the bootup screen and was loading. Took a good minute for it to go through, but it finally booted. I'm gonna test it out and see if it does it tomorrow and the day after. If it doesn't, then woohoo! If it DOES, then I'll be back and I'll see if I can give you more info on the situation.

Thanks for the help dude!

jaan13143, Nov 11, 2017
  12. dmholt57 Win User
    You r welcome...hope it gets stable now. *Cool

dmholt57, Nov 11, 2017
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

Also, fast startup is pretty much just a hibernate state. Since hibernation/fast startup might (and probably was) your probably, you can now also get rid of the unneeded hiberfil.sys file (or some name like that, I can't remember the exact name) by disabling hibernation as well. In a command prompt (admin) or powershell (admin) run:

powercfg -h off

You can also re-instate hibernation and the required file by running:

powercfg -h on

*Arrow Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Keeps making me reset my PC. Please help. - Similar Threads - Keeps making reset

2. help me please pc keep freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help me please pc keep freezing: hello this problem just keeps coming to me SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎10/‎16/‎2023 10:25 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1:...
  3. help me please pc keep freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help me please pc keep freezing: hello this problem just keeps coming to me SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎10/‎16/‎2023 10:25 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1:...
  4. My PC keeps BSOD. Please help me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps BSOD. Please help me!: Hello my PC has been blue screening for about a month now it got so bad that I couldn't boot and had to fresh install windows. Even after the fresh windows install I'm getting the same BSOD two to three times a day. Usually IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or MEMORY MANAGEMENT or...
  5. My PC keeps BSOD. Please help me!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps BSOD. Please help me!: Hello my PC has been blue screening for about a month now it got so bad that I couldn't boot and had to fresh install windows. Even after the fresh windows install I'm getting the same BSOD two to three times a day. Usually IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or MEMORY MANAGEMENT or...
  6. My PC keeps BSOD. Please help me!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Help me with my PC, please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me with my PC, please: So, 2 days ago this started happening and I've already 1) Reinstalled windows 2) Tried reinstalling drivers, updating everything 3) Searched for a solution online The problem is, when I play something in fullscreen, the problem started when I was playing rocket league and...
  8. Please help me! My PC keeps blue screening!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me! My PC keeps blue screening!: submitted by /u/MansionOfNightmares [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g7o6da/please_help_me_my_pc_keeps_blue_screening/
  9. Please help me about resetting pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please help me about resetting pc: My desktop PC has pre-installed os as windows xp. After that I installed windows 7 genuine. With that product key, I upgraded it to windows 10 now. Now it is running windows 10 pro. But, now it is not working well. So I wish to reset my desktop PC. I wish to...
  10. Please help me regarding resetting my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please help me regarding resetting my PC: My desktop PC has pre-installed os as windows xp. After that I installed windows 7 genuine. With that product key, I upgraded it to windows 10 now. Now it is running windows 10 pro. But, now it is not working well. So I wish to reset my desktop PC. I wish to...